Sponsored

Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
400 is the lower level Premium GT

This is my first mustang since the 68 “Rustang” 6 cyl I owned in the early 80s … a huge difference between the two, lol!
Sponsored

Doug2023GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
400 is the lower level Premium GT

This is my first mustang since the 68 “Rustang” 6 cyl I owned in the early 80s … a huge difference between the two, lol!
Thanks for the clarification. Hey .... just like me... My first mustang since the '67 I bought in '78 for $50 :)

Mcpickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I installed glowshift color change gauges. Wanted oil pressure& oil temperature with a true reading. Used a carbon fiber trim cover to adapt from the existing 3 grill a/c dash.
IMG_5002.png

2018 gt 5l convertible.

Doug2023GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
I installed glowshift color change gauges. Wanted oil pressure& oil temperature with a true reading. Used a carbon fiber trim cover to adapt from the existing 3 grill a/c dash.
IMG_5002.png

2018 gt 5l convertible.
Where did you get the Glowshift gauges ? All the ones I've seen people put in are not Glowshift

Sponsored

John86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mustang Performance Gauges

Hi , i have been following this thread for a couple of months now and i have learnt a lot so i just wanted to share my experience so that others can benefit ..

I have a Mustang GT premium 2015 which does not come with the performance dash gauges , yet all premium models comes equipped with the gauges harness and plug which is tucked in the dash behind the infotainment system as in photo
IMG_5674.jpeg

I bought the dash trim and gauges used from ebay from a 2018 GT350 which comes with oil pressure and oil temperatures gauges which only have the white light background , then i bought the performance pack gauges with oil pressure and vacuum gauges which have mycolour back lighting

IMG_5814.png

Once i plugged it to the connector the oil temp or the vacuum gauges worked but the oil pressure did not work .

Then i found out that you need to change the oil pressure setting through Hp tuner from switch to transducer as in photo and then oil pressure worked but gets stuck on 125psi ..
IMG_5794.jpeg

IMG_5793.jpeg

Then i found out that you need to re-pin the oil sensor wire (change the position of the grey wire from pin 48 to pin 57 in the upper connector of the ECU ) as in photo ..
IMG_5917.png

IMG_5915.png

by then the oil pressure worked but I got the low oil pressure warning on the dash everytime i starts the car .. i was told that i need to reprogram the car , or install a performance pack program !!!
I checked the oil pressure sensor in the engine and it was the one pin sensor , i decided to change it to the three pin sensor (performance pack sensor) part number in photo below and give it a try … and it worked .. now oil pressure gauge works with no warning on the dash ..
fd07a667-5901-4aa5-8a2d-bd4c469ac5e7.jpeg
IMG_5911.png

IMG_5912.png

IMG_5893.jpeg

IMG_6173.png

So as a summery : for 2015 GT premium you should do the repinning of pin 48 to 57 .. you should change setting from switch to transducer and you should have the three wire oil pressure sensor .. (i guess newer models of 2016 and above is already equipped with the three wire sensor but i am not sure , you must check it physically i guess

I hope this with not too long of an explanation but it took me a lot of research , trials and errors till i had it so i just wanted to share it and thanks for all the infos i got from this forum and other forums like this one
Sponsored