Sponsored

Strut Tower Brace install on non-PP

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've seen some videos where there is a metal brace of some kind under the cowl, on the drivers side, I am not sure if i have one or not, but if i do, does that get removed to install the K brace? 2016 GT Non-pp car.
There's a plastic brace that gets removed when you install k-brace.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've seen some videos where there is a metal brace of some kind under the cowl, on the drivers side, I am not sure if i have one or not, but if i do, does that get removed to install the K brace? 2016 GT Non-pp car.
Mine came witht the k bar since i have OEM 20"s . otherwise i think its Just a plug and play...not aware of any additional changes. But im sure someone else will chime in to confirm for sure

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
Does adding the Strut Tower Brace make it more difficult to use the engine oil dipstick?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Does adding the Strut Tower Brace make it more difficult to use the engine oil dipstick?
Yes, but not by much.
Debatable. It definitely takes longer to check the oil, and you need two hands to feed it back down the tube. Removing the sound tube helps somewhat.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I did this on my 15. It came with 19’s and I upgraded to 20’s so I got the brace and k bar combo...it does tighten up the front end significantly and now the back end feels soft, but still ok! And yes, you pull out the plastic piece around the battery box and replace it with the K.
Sponsored