pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
So getting the car ready for the HPDE event I'm running this weekend. I threw up a thread a while ago saying I was able to pick up these 18x11" Apex wheels for cheap and this will be the first time I'm running them. They came with some Falken tires that I figured I'd burn through before getting RS4's. The sanity check I'm looking for is the lug nuts. I currently threw back on the ones I use with the SVE GT350 20x10s and was checking to see if there was any issues or feedback. The wheels are sitting on the Steeda 25mm spacers up front (opmustang slips ones will be future when need to replace hubs).

Thank you!
E9942978-2514-414C-AEAB-46A04EBAEAE7.jpeg
0614BC2A-94FF-4781-81B1-4927832C4291.jpeg
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I mean they look fine. Not exactly sure what you're looking/asking for. I would advise getting different nuts only because those spline drive ones seems to get gummed up and deform quickly. OPMustang has some nice ones.

Also, recommend removing the center caps. It's just one more thing that could come off your car and potentially pop a tire. @PaddyPrix had his melt at the track from leaving his in the wheels. Kind of an awesome story :cwl:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you can use full stock sized lug nuts with those wheels, you don't need the tuner small ones. I'd second the recommendation for Gorilla brand, or the Ford Performance open lug nuts are good quality too.

OP
OP
pgonza2723

pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was asking if the "thinner" lugs required of the SVE wheels were ok to use with the Apex wheels. Upon further inspection, they flare at the hub side so match up nicely with the wheels. I guess I answered my own question after posting this...

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Sorry I wasn't being clear. I was asking if the "thinner" lugs required of the SVE wheels were ok to use with the Apex wheels. Upon further inspection, they flare at the hub side so match up nicely with the wheels. I guess I answered my own question after posting this...
They do work but if you can get away with a larger seat lug, do it. The Ford Performance open ones are very, very nice.

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Also, recommend removing the center caps. It's just one more thing that could come off your car and potentially pop a tire. @PaddyPrix had his melt at the track from leaving his in the wheels. Kind of an awesome story :cwl:
I don't know why I'm liking a post speaking of my destructive habits... but yes, it was exceptionally hot out, and I yeah, forgot to remove them.

So... this happened. For what it's worth, some groups will go as far to remind/require you to remove them as part of the (self?) tech inspection. I'd guess they could come flying off, and somebody could run them over, and madness would ensue. Nothing against them, but they also try to speak against any other foreign objects that might get onto the track, and people, such as myself, forget that they're one of them.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Ford Performance open lug nuts and they’re great. I’m constantly taking the wheels on/off my car and they still look/function great. And the gold ARP studs sticking through look pretty cool too if that’s your cup of tea

103BC8A9-AC04-44E1-BEFE-000A94F4490A.jpeg

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I don't know why I'm liking a post speaking of my destructive habits... but yes, it was exceptionally hot out, and I yeah, forgot to remove them.

So... this happened. For what it's worth, some groups will go as far to remind/require you to remove them as part of the (self?) tech inspection. I'd guess they could come flying off, and somebody could run them over, and madness would ensue. Nothing against them, but they also try to speak against any other foreign objects that might get onto the track, and people, such as myself, forget that they're one of them.

I’ve melted center caps just autocrossing. Welcome to the ugly car club.
Sponsored