Sponsored

keyless entry

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Across the pond some of us are finding keyless entry a security liability and pain in the backside (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/disable-keyless-entry.108917/ ) - there was nothing wrong with the fob system. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the opening/locking of the car with keyless entry, so can only be opened by fob?
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I'm not quite sure what the problem is my friend. If you could explain it a little deeper I may be able to address it better. But, the only thing I know you could do is just hit the unlock button on the FOB before you get to the car. And, I usually hit the lock button on the inside door panel before I get out. That's just a habit I've gotten into with all of my vehicles.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not quite sure what the problem is my friend. If you could explain it a little deeper I may be able to address it better. But, the only thing I know you could do is just hit the unlock button on the FOB before you get to the car. And, I usually hit the lock button on the inside door panel before I get out. That's just a habit I've gotten into with all of my vehicles.
To disable the keyless entry. As unscrupulous people can relay the signal and unlock the car.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I’m pretty sure you can’t shut that feature off. Not with Forscan anyway. That would definitely be a good option to be able to do.
A faraday bag and a steering wheel lock is your best bet.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
We can't shoot people who steal our cars from off our drives in the UK. So the people who feel no respect for the traditional British way of life buy an amplifier from Amazon (ÂŁ30) and nick your car. If caught the thief would normally get little or no punishment but if you hurt him you would go to jail for life. That's why we would like to turn keyless entry off over here.
Trust me, I wish we could shoot some of those lowlife's. But, like you we would go to jail also. Thieves here are like your's, very adept in stealing things, wheels, cars, etc. They learn how to bypass new security features sometimes before they hit the market. I agree, these keyless entry systems, as handy as they are, bother me also.

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
A. Don't judge all Americans by the behavior of half of us. We aren't all waiting for someone to knock at our front door so we can blow a hole through them.

B. Your Levacar avatar is awesome.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
We are shooting thieves now? I thought we were still just cutting their hands off? :bandit:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
We can't shoot people who steal our cars from off our drives in the UK.
Don't judge all Americans by the behavior of half of us.
OP, your comment was amusing but like GDDYP says, we're not all packing heat ready to shoot the next miscreant who looks at us the wrong way.

I wonder... if you removed the transmitter that sends out the query to the fob, so the fob never answers, would that solve the problem for you? I have no idea how that would be done - but I wonder if your friendly local Ford mechanic could figure it out.

Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
i have a VERY simple solution.....DONT USE THE KEYFOB!!!... simply grab the handle to unlock the car... no code is transmitted as the car picks up the rf signal that the car uses for the feature.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
i have a VERY simple solution.....DONT USE THE KEYFOB!!!... simply grab the handle to unlock the car... no code is transmitted as the car picks up the rf signal that the car uses for the feature.
Uhm, right. That RF signal you mention is precisely the point. The RF signal IS transmitted from the keyfob, all the time. It is encrypted to stop it from being cracked, but the issue is that the right equipment can amplify the signal so that the range is increased. Then the car can be unlocked even when the fob isn't close.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Uhm, right. That RF signal you mention is precisely the point. The RF signal IS transmitted from the keyfob, all the time. It is encrypted to stop it from being cracked, but the issue is that the right equipment can amplify the signal so that the range is increased. Then the car can be unlocked even when the fob isn't close.
Exactly, thanks for explaining

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
The buttons on the key dont even work for me while I am in my apartment. Doesn't the intelligent access single only travel a foot or so? Couldn't you just not leave the keys next to a door or window?

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I thought the issue was with the fob signal being easily copied, as it has a long range that any scanner within 100 ft (or so) can pick up. The keyless entry only has a signal range of a couple of feet. Using the fob seems less secure....
Sponsored