OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
As a Patriots fan, I would have preferred Kaepernick to Hoyer.

The Patriots are in a market that could weather the initial backlash against a Kap signing. Pissed me off that Brady never took a knee. As the biggest name in the NFL, if he'd taken a knee the league would have had to have been more supportive.

Brady clearly worried more about Ugg boot sales.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Kaepernick’s philanthropy and charitable giving has been well documented. He has provided million$ in scholarship aid, started a charity that provides new suits for poor people who can’t afford to dress for job interviews, he has donated money and truckloads of water to communities whose drinking supplies have been contaminated through governmental screw-ups (Flint) as well as communities where the water supply is compromised by weather and natural disasters. This is all BEFORE and SINCE the first time he knelt on a football field. He never sought public acknowledgement for any of these things. That’s something a grandstander would do.

And those things are something I can get behind and connect instead of divide.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
You should understand that Nike is much bigger than America.

America is just a tiny sneaker buying nation. Nike is global.....and Kaepernick is now the face of a global brand. The people in the flyover states that throw Budweiser cans at the TV aren't Nike's market.
Careful, your contempt for America is showing.

According to the internets, North America accounts for ~44% of Nike's global sales, and sales are ~50% higher than any other single region.

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Careful, your contempt for America is showing.

According to the internets, North America accounts for ~44% of Nike's global sales, and sales are ~50% higher than any other single region.
US sales have been falling in recent years, while Chinese sales profit has been growing at double digit rates. The local market is important, but the overseas market is where the growth lies for Nike.

Kaepernick is good for business. He represents the struggle against the man, the right against might, and in this case his skin color is an asset.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Protest Nike and burn all that trash! #maga #trump2020
Or people could donate them? Nike's on poor people would also do brand damage. But nah, leave it to the right and bright to come up with burning their clothes. Sometimes while they're still wearing them, lmao.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Burning shoes or burning The Flag....wonder which is the worse of the two?

Personally I'd just give them away as people always need shoes.

However I have not bought anything Nike in a long time....

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Very well done campaign , whoever did that clearly know that this fallout, all the triggered people including certain special one is going to happen. Feel manipulated ? You should :)

Coincidentally, I just got a pair of Air Pegasus Zoom 35s after years of running in Asics. They feel great, think it's going to be my running shoes for a long time now...

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
So... you are saying you believe those cops shot the woman on purpose or that people don't make mistakes, or that the many cops who are ambushed and killed were killed accidentally? Not really clear which point you are trying to make.
Now the truths are coming out, the police officer was hired because he was Solmonian, he had all kind of mental issues. Prior to this incident he had placed a gun to the head of citizen during traffic stop. They knew he was a bad apple but since they needed to match minorities with police force they kept him employed. Don't you love equality.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
On his charities:
One of his donations is to a convicted cop killer and wanted fugitive for the murder of a New Jersey trooper.
Assata Shaker former member of the "Black Liberation Party"
He made the $25K donation to a group name after him called the "Assata's Daughters", that was founded to " develope and train young people the ages 4-9 in the Black queer feminist and the spirit of Assata. Their words not mine.

He describes cops as pigs all the time, From your words you seem to have a distaste for 1/2 the Americans that live in the middle of the county, and the 15% that live in the south, but love the American who wants to to disrespect our country.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Their words not mine.
Where did you read that on their website? Just wondering... I looked but did not see anything.... did not find anything like that in a google search.

Edit:
To keep my post on topic....

I don't mind people protesting. That is fine... long as legal.

I support Kaepernick using his "fame" to protest... that is 100% fine.

Unfortunately, I can't support him kneeling during the Star-Spangled Banner. There are some things you don't do. He had other avenues to protest... definitely should have taken another road. That is my opinion.

Having been to war and lost friends in war, my opinion is more personal. I love the old Red, White, and Blue. The song means something... yea, "just a song" and "just cloth", but it means something special to me. It is personal. Heck, I take pictures of American flags when I see a cool setting (last one was a sunrise over a large flag on a construction site).

Far as football, of course the NFL "blackballed" him. He is still a "very good" player... better than many backup QBs, IMO. I would not have hired him though...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
.....From your words you seem to have a distaste for 1/2 the Americans that live in the middle of the county, and the 15% that live in the south, but love the American who wants to to disrespect our country.
If by south you are referring to my comment regarding the confederate flag, I plead guilty....I don't have much time for confederate flag wavers. My reference to "flyover states" was about Nike's target market being in the large population centers, not in the less densely populated middle of the country.

You highlight part of the problem, though. You describe Kaepernick as "the American who wants to disrespect our country". He's not doing that.

At first, he sat through the anthem. Then, when it was pointed out to him that veterans felt strongly about sitting and that he should kneel, he stopped his sit down protest and knelt instead. He took it on board, and RESPECTFULLY modified his protest as requested (by Army veteran, Nate Boyer).

It's not about the flag, it's not about dissing the military, it's about police brutality and injustice.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Already picked out my next pair of shoes...Adidas!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Already picked out my next pair of shoes...Adidas!
I understand Adidas is going to run ads praising Jeffrey Dahmer for standing up against the government's attempts to control what we can eat.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is inhaling a burnt sneaker detrimental to one’s health? :cwl:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.