Jacking Rails That Are Below Pinchwed

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Well guys, I really searched but didn't find what I as after...which is...and answer on which jacking rails go beyond the edge of the pinch weld.

I've been looking at BMR & Steeda. Just looking at pics, it appears that the BMR units just go beyond the pinch weld where the Steeda pieces appear flush or just bit above.

Thankful for your thoughts..
Sponsored

XdArrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350; 2021 Mach 1 (sold)
I have Kenny Brown jacking rails, and the figment is perfect… just below the pinch weld and the unique shape has them sit parallel.

https://kennybrown.com/products/jacking-rails-2015-2021-mustang-and-shelby

Also, I sprayed them with 3M undercoating before installing just to give them some additional protection and blacken them up.

Overall, I highly recommend.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Jacking Rails were designed to be 1/16" lower than the pinch welds to protect the pinch welds - which is a CRITICAL part of the chassis, from scraping on extremely lowered or bagged vehicles.

Let me know if I can provide additional support at tim @ Steeda

Have a great night.

TJ

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have the Steeda jacking rails and can confirm they extend below the pinch welds. Never measured how much but not a lot, they for sure aren't noticeable unless you are under and looking up.
There's a very steep transition to the parking garage at work that will scrape if I'm going any faster than idle. I'm thankful for the rails every time I forget and hit it too fast...

Sponsored

OP
OP

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone! I do see how the Kenny Brown ones are shaped differently, to apparently allow them to be parallel to the ground. Is it therefor safe to assume that the other makes are on a bit of an angle? Does this make any difference when they are in use?

It is important to me that the rails extend past the pinch weld. Hard to see in some photos.

My Mustang is awaiting the truck to take it to the dealer so I can't look underneath yet to see how the floor is angled, etc.(My last Mustang as an '03 Terminator that I drove daily for 7 or 8 years...anxious to get behind the wheel of a Mustang again)

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yes. Steeda go below pinch welds a smidgeon.

Work perfectly by the way. You cannot go wrong with these.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
The BMR full length jacking rails also are shaped such that they are parallel to the ground and extend below the pinch weld. Nice and beefy and saved my a$$ in an incident which we do not speak of. Frankly I thought all jacking rails extended below the pinch weld.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the BMR and they are just below the pinch welds as Hillsndale stated. I have only seen BMR and Steeda, but I would agree that just about any normal jacking rails would protect the pinch welds since that is the biggest reason for using them.

OP
OP

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
So, the BMR and Browns are made in a way to be parallel to the ground....are the Steedas?

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I've had both Steeda and BMR. Both extend beyond the pinch weld. BMR units run full length and parallel to the ground.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Our units are designed to work in conjunction with the Steeda IRS braces - they will work in unison together given their mounting locations.

Thank you,

TJ

OP
OP

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
At the risk of being argumentative....the BMRs appear to be "square", while the Kenny Brown units are more like a trapezoid.

The BMRs do appear to be very nicely made and I like the fact that they are closed at the ends so junk won't accumulate inside. My OCD is satisfied by the covers that come with the Steeda version.

I suppose any slight angle once installed is no big deal.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have the Steeda full length low profile rails and they’re great. Just took them off my 2016 to put on my 2022 once it’s built and the black powder coat has held up well. I daily drive mine so it’s been through Chicago winters with road salt and no signs of the powder coat breaking down. Would highly recommend the Steeda rails.

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
Ours are also below the pinch welds and are the only true full length with welded sealed end caps and machined and tig welded inserts to completely seal the inside. The photo attached shows how long they are going from wheel well to wheel well. We have the car lifted at the very ends of the pinch welds as this photo was taken when we installed them on this car. Once installed you can use the jacking rails to lift the car with any 2 post lift. If you have the Steeda IRS brace we also have a set for those.

Underside-of-Mustang-With-Red-Jacking-Rails.jpg

Close-Up-Welded-Inserts.jpg

Full-Length-Jacking-Rails-S550-Red-Close-Up-1.jpg
Sponsored