Sponsored

Is the 5.0 designed for boost?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I would love to see a supercharged 10.5/1 compression dual-injected 5.0 with the 10r80 but ford is selling more gt500’s than they can make at over list price so they have no real incentive.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I would love to see a supercharged 10.5/1 compression dual-injected 5.0 with the 10r80 but ford is selling more gt500’s than they can make at over list price so they have no real incentive.
Well technically Ford sells them below invoice to the dealers, And the dealers make big money on them. But this is why Dodge is winning market share every year. They are making Hellcats more available to the average guy. 2 years ago a new HC was under $60K base price, and often sold with discounts. Compare to a 2020 GT500 at $75K base, and $10K minimum markup. Yep, Ford left that on the table for Dodge to take, and they did.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Somehow dodge is able to flood the market with specialty vehicles and ford isn’t. Watch what happens next….rebel trx starts at 75k and my tiny local dealer has one in the lot. Raptor r starts 30k higher, has less power, will get markups, and they will be sold out and hard to get. The real kicker is the trx has more power and torque…

Last edited:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
If Ford was smart, they would offer a Boosted GT. Dodge puts a Hellcat in everything. Ford could at least sell a factory Roush supercharged GT built right at the factory. Even at 700HP, they'd sell a ton of them to those without GT500 money. Factory built, with factory warranty.
I think Ford doesn't make such a car because they would be making to much money.

There is always a reason for something, if it were so easy they would do it. Plus ford doesn't even want to make cars anymore.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Somehow dodge is able to flood the market with specialty vehicles and ford isn’t. Watch what happens next….rebel trx starts at 75k and my tiny local dealer has one in the lot. Raptor r starts 30k higher, has less power, will get markups, and they will be sold out and hard to get.
Yes, but sad that Ford has basic, and top end with no in between. At least if Ford made 10,000 GT500's a year markup would go away. Or make a mid level V8 (with 550-700 HP) Mustang Without all the M1 fluff to slot between the GT/M1 and GT500 power wise and make it priced in between the GT and GT500. They wouldn't be in the current sales slump of the last couple of years. I just hate seeing Dodges old relics stealing all the thunder away.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
If Ford was smart, they would offer a Boosted GT. Dodge puts a Hellcat in everything. Ford could at least sell a factory Roush supercharged GT built right at the factory. Even at 700HP, they'd sell a ton of them to those without GT500 money. Factory built, with factory warranty.
could we just get some perspective here?

its a 450 hp car capable of 12's completely unmodified.

ford used to throw a blower on just to achieve that.

stuff costs money. ford makes a bown GT, its called a GT500.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
could we just get some perspective here?

its a 450 hp car capable of 12's completely unmodified.

ford used to throw a blower on just to achieve that.

stuff costs money. ford makes a bown GT, its called a GT500.
Well my 460HP 2018 GT ran 11's bone stock, and yes Ford does sell an upper end Supercharged model. Not at all what I am mentioning. Something built in house, run high 10's low 11's for $50-60K Base price would be a great addition. More than the GT/M1 but not a Shelby. I built my GT with Boost/Fuel system because ford Doesn't offer an affordable Mustang with the power to do this. If it was factory available for around the same $55K it cost me to build (even with 200HP less than mine) I would've bought one direct from Ford and left it stock.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
you could order a new GT and the ford performance blower and have them do all of that at the dealer before you ever pick it up. this is the way it used to work.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
you could order a new GT and the ford performance blower and have them do all of that at the dealer before you ever pick it up. this is the way it used to work.
Fully aware of that, I'm suggesting a factory boosted model above the GT but under the GT500.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Fully aware of that, I'm suggesting a factory boosted model above the GT but under the GT500.
dude, ford has give you a buffet of mustangs from 27-90K with many incremental performance steps and in addition to that they offer a factory backed blower you can throw on a 40K GT.

if all you want is a blower they already offer that you just can't get it off the assembly line for a litany of reasons.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
dude, ford has give you a buffet of mustangs from 27-90K with many incremental performance steps and in addition to that they offer a factory backed blower you can throw on a 40K GT.

if all you want is a blower they already offer that you just can't get it off the assembly line for a litany of reasons.
Not really. Ford is offering a GT starting around $40K with 450HP (Mach 1 gains 20) Then Double the price at $80K base price for a GT500 with 760HP. My thoughts are something should be offered BETWEEN these two, with 550-700HP. The Mach 1 is in the upper 50's price wise base price, but is more track focused, not offering much over a Regular GT for power. It would be very easy for Ford to do.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Not really. Ford is offering a GT starting around $40K with 450HP (Mach 1 gains 20) Then Double the price at $80K base price for a GT500 with 760HP. My thoughts are something should be offered BETWEEN these two, with 550-700HP. The Mach 1 is in the upper 50's price wise base price, but is more track focused, not offering much over a Regular GT for power. It would be very easy for Ford to do.
did you read what i wrote? you are wrong and i've already explained why. there are many constraints and i think its pretty phenomenal the options available with a factory backed warranty.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8

have a dealer throw that on your car, there's exactly what you're asking for.

its already available, you just want it easier, well sorry jack that ain't in the cards.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

You do not get the factory warranty when adding the Ford performance or Roush blower. The only way to get a full factory warranty on a supercharged GT is to buy an actual Roush serialized supercharged car.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Your preaching to the choir but it's falling on Def ears. Makes sense and would give Dodge a run for their money. I mean, fuck I can't even keep track of what every dodge trim stands for anymore.
Sponsored