Is the 5.0 designed for boost?

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
It can, and in sport select-shift it will. . . which is why I programmed mine to upshift even in sport select-shift.
This is good to know , I will keep it out of that mode . I really don't beat on my cars that much either way. No burnouts or anything like that . We will see how it goes after the whipple is installed , I am just going with the tune that comes with it. I really don't want anything too crazy.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Ah, one more thing…like almost everything in the pcm, the rev limiter is defined in more than one place and it uses the most conservative (lowest) of all possible values. There are soft (throttle) and hard (cylinder cut) limiters. I’ve seen mainstream aftermarket tunes that raised the soft limiter above the hard limiter. I could see this playing a part in opg failures.

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
Awesome, the shop recommended but its an extra 1400 that is not in the budget at the moment. I am not going to beat on the car or take it to the dragstrip , I just do some spirited driving on the street from time to time . I am also purchasing the extra warranty from whipple .
Damn 1400$ to install opg?? Seems high!! It’s not that hard. Just time consuming.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Damn 1400$ to install opg?? Seems high!! It’s not that hard. Just time consuming.
Well unfortunately mechanics don't charge by how hard or not the job is, they base it on how long it takes them. So if it's a relatively simple job but time consuming, it's going to cost alot more than a difficult job that takes 2-3 hours.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I was quoted 1250 for OPG install and that was the cheapest I found.
Sponsored