Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Your preaching to the choir but it's falling on Def ears. Makes sense and would give Dodge a run for their money. I mean, fuck I can't even keep track of what every dodge trim stands for anymore.
dodge doesn't make anything comparable to the mustang and i heard the challenger's days are numbered. also, the camaro is dead again... i'd say ford is doin a pretty good job.

you guys that ACTUALLY want a 750hp car (and all that comes with it) are an extremely niche group.

there's a reason the GT500 costs what it is. the power has other necessary requirements.

stuff costs money. if you wanna play with the big boys you gotta pay.

feels dirty even saying that considering we're already talking about near 500hp cars running easy deep 12's from the factory.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
In
Your preaching to the choir but it's falling on Def ears. Makes sense and would give Dodge a run for their money. I mean, fuck I can't even keep track of what every dodge trim stands for anymore.
my opinion, Dodge has too many trims, but the one I'm suggesting would make sense to a lot of people.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
dodge doesn't make anything comparable to the mustang and i heard the challenger's days are numbered. also, the camaro is dead again... i'd say ford is doin a pretty good job.

you guys that ACTUALLY want a 750hp car (and all that comes with it) are an extremely niche group.

there's a reason the GT500 costs what it is. the power has other necessary requirements.

stuff costs money. if you wanna play with the big boys you gotta pay.

feels dirty even saying that considering we're already talking about near 500hp cars running easy deep 12's from the factory.
I've got way more HP than 750, for less than what a Base Mach 1 costs. If Ford could do it in house (less than 750HP of course), I bet they'd sell a lot of them. Like a factory drag pack again. One last factory Hoorah.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The answer is for Ford to Eco Boost the 5.0. They could advertise 600 HP and put those stupid eco boost green badges on the car and the greenies would be happy too.

Win Win.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I've got way more HP than 750, for less than what a Base Mach 1 costs. If Ford could do it in house (less than 750HP of course), I bet they'd sell a lot of them. Like a factory drag pack again. One last factory Hoorah.
engine power is one element. how much did that cost you to make it to where you can beat the shit out of it and not have things break?

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
The answer is for Ford to Eco Boost the 5.0. They could advertise 600 HP and put those stupid eco boost green badges on the car and the greenies would be happy too.

Win Win.
lol, no that is not the answer.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If so, why doesn't ford boost it from factory?

Thanks
JC

No it wasn't LOL.

Not the engine, not the cats, not the rest... end of story.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I mean come on man you gotta be realistic. In order for Ford to put there stamp of approval it needs to be mass produced and last for years. You have tons of power but that MACH 1 will run problem free for years.

There is a reason those 700HP+ Hellcats cost so much money. They are going to be driven hard and need to last for years.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
yeah, people don't understand the endurance testing these platforms have to go through.
there's a reason all FI motors come with all forged internals.

you wanna play, you gotta pay, there is no free lunch.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
yeah, people don't understand the endurance testing these platforms have to go through.
there's a reason all FI motors come with all forged internals.
And the reason they don't have 12 to 1 compression.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
engine power is one element. how much did that cost you to make it to where you can beat the shit out of it and not have things break?
I don't beat the shit out of it, but Nothing broke yet. I try to address weak areas before they are a concern. I did have a Charge hose pop off though.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I mean come on man you gotta be realistic. In order for Ford to put there stamp of approval it needs to be mass produced and last for years. You have tons of power but that MACH 1 will run problem free for years.

There is a reason those 700HP+ Hellcats cost so much money. They are going to be driven hard and need to last for years.
Problem is they are mostly maxed out as is. You have to build them too if you want 400 more HP than stock. At least the Coyote can handle that increase.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I don't beat the shit out of it, but Nothing broke yet. I try to address weak areas before they are a concern. I did have a Charge hose pop off though.
that's kinda the point, though. if ford offered that from the factory people would beat the hell out of it expecting it to not break and when it did they'd be on the hook for it. you take it easy cause you built it and you have respect for the machine but you aren't the average consumer.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
that's kinda the point, though. if ford offered that from the factory people would beat the hell out of it expecting it to not break and when it did they'd be on the hook for it. you take it easy cause you built it and you have respect for the machine but you aren't the average consumer.
True, Ford wouldn't offer the 900+RW I have now. Maybe just 700 crank in that package. Nothing more than GT350 half shafts, and A10 trans tweaks would really be needed to warranty that combo.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Ford performance does offer a supercharger. They obviously feel the car can handle low boost ?
I strongly doubt Ford would want their name associated with a product that doesn’t have some reliability ?
Opinions ? Curious what u guys think.
Sponsored