PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone,

I'm Marcus as my name says, I'm 29. I'm originally from Atlanta but I'm living outside of Washington DC in Maryland nowadays. I just bought a '19 Mustang GT/PP (Orange Fury). I've been browsing the forums since I thought I wanted stang(a month or two) . I'm a newbie (sort of) to the muscle car/tuner scene so I'll gladly accept any advice or suggestions if it makes sense. I owned a 17 Camaro SS/1LE before this and it got totaled.
42896588_10213425013639036_4117368087617994752_n[1].jpg
42996338_10213425014759064_6851421792964182016_n[1].jpg
42875614_10213423638964670_5008232914278678528_o[1].jpg
42899355_10213423640284703_2097075755740561408_o[1].jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: Why

PnyKix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Theresa
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
The 2017 Shelby GT350, A Love Story...

20180827_145232-01.jpeg

I'm writing this as a not-quite middle-aged man who hasnā€™t owned a manual since I was shifting a 2004 Saab 9-3 back and forth to work in my mid-20s. My current vehicle is a leased 2016 Chevy Silverado, optioned pretty well and I signed those papers because I was looking for a vehicle to serve as a ā€œdo allā€ for work and some outdoor activities. Aside from the transmission blowing itself apart at 36k, not a bad vehicle.

I had always missed driving a stick since that Saab and I never made the leap to buy a car for the purpose of driving to have fun, itā€™s always been utilitarian to me. Late last fall I came across a 2016 GT 5.0 Manual with one owner, low miles, a really throaty Magnaflow Competition cat back. The car sounded and looked great but after a weekend with it, the tune Ford applied made it a pretty terrible highway driver and it the trim didnā€™t have the switch to adjust the valves. Super fun to drive, anybody with a S550 out there should feel blessed. That fire it started in me just cost me a lot of money!

The next manual car I drove was about 6 months later and it was a Shelby. The car was new but had a small ding in the door and was missing the front S-H-E-L-B-Y piece of the body kit/scoop- is scoop what itā€™s called? Anyway, it was the baddest car I had ever driven but it just didnā€™t feel right. With 7 payments left on my truck I was going to eat a little too much extra cash too. I actually did make an offer but told them theyā€™d need to store it for a few months, they said theyā€™d consider it (which probably wasnā€™t true) but they ended up selling it the same day.

To get some closure, I decided to drive a car I had been keeping in the back of my mind for a while- a ā€˜16+ Camaro SS. I had a hard time believing it would feel like the Shelby but it wasnā€™t much out of my way, so I did. It was a brand new 1SS off the lot in a color I liked. Almost immediately, I knew it just wasnā€™t going to be the car for me. Between the poor visibility, the number of them on the road and the general fun factor of driving it, she was a nice car but she was no Mustang. I found it to be too refined in a way and there was nothing raw about it. My personal preference is that I like a softer clutch and, for that reason, I really like that the Shelby feels like butter from gear to gear. Donā€™t get me wrong, the SS is an extremely fast car but itā€™s faster than it feels. Hope that makes sense.

As August 2018 neared an end, the car I had been waiting for popped up at a local dealer. I actually found the original owner on this forum and I can tell he is a very meticulous person who cares about this car and sold it to the dealer as a last resort- I think he actually cares who is behind the wheel. He even made arrangements to get me the crankshaft and some other items. Real good dude, and thankful I found him so thankful for this community.

As for the car, itā€™s the one Iā€™ve always wanted- it just took me a little while to find it.

Style
Visually, there isnā€™t honestly a car I like looking at more. I really think Ford nailed the design- they could have invested more in the interior but that would increase the cost and personally, Iā€™d rather have it the way it is.

Feel
Between the clutch, gear box, sticky tires and ride height this car feels perfect to me. I am also impressed with how easy this car is to drive and with the visibility. It could be someoneā€™s first manual, and I canā€™t think of another car with 526hp that I could say that about. I wouldnā€™t change a thing about the way this car feels.

Power
On paper, the torque number is low and some are critical. However, that power band is electric. Itā€™s easy to look at two numbers and draw your conclusions but Iā€™d just suggest that anyone doing that needs to spend 10 or 15 minutes in this car. I have pushed it a couple times now- the power is there and the gear is long. Remember the first time you coasted down a hill on your bike? Itā€™s that fun, just for adults.

Value
This car really seems like a solid value and I know with the GT500 coming there might be some uncertainty in terms of how itā€™ll impact the 350s but I have a tough time picturing a world where there isnā€™t a buyer for a car like this one. I think weā€™re safe and even if thereā€™s an initial dip, itā€™ll come back.

Technology
I have always liked Fordā€™s offering from a technology standpoint and the GT350 with the Technology package is no different. Easy to sync with your mobile devices, useful backup cam and performance features related to steering, suspension and exhaust come as part of the Tech pack too. I am particularly impressed with the exhaust value closure- this car literally turns from a beast to a mouse if you need it to and for my wife and I with a potentially important phone call or a sleeping child, I love having this option.

Exhaust
Iā€™ll end with potentially my favorite part- the exhaust. This vehicle does have the resonator removed and I am glad it does. The sounds are extremely raw and the crackles are amazing when you let off the gas, even at low RPM. Pushing that little red button puts a childlike smile on my face every single time.

I look forward to many years of enjoying the Shelby GT350 and my goal is to put around 3k miles on it annually, hit a couple shows or car cruises here and there and keep it in excellent condition.

The 2017 Shelby GT350, A Love Story...

20180827_145232-01.jpeg

I'm writing this as a not-quite middle-aged man who hasnā€™t owned a manual since I was shifting a 2004 Saab 9-3 back and forth to work in my mid-20s. My current vehicle is a leased 2016 Chevy Silverado, optioned pretty well and I signed those papers because I was looking for a vehicle to serve as a ā€œdo allā€ for work and some outdoor activities. Aside from the transmission blowing itself apart at 36k, not a bad vehicle.

I had always missed driving a stick since that Saab and I never made the leap to buy a car for the purpose of driving to have fun, itā€™s always been utilitarian to me. Late last fall I came across a 2016 GT 5.0 Manual with one owner, low miles, a really throaty Magnaflow Competition cat back. The car sounded and looked great but after a weekend with it, the tune Ford applied made it a pretty terrible highway driver and it the trim didnā€™t have the switch to adjust the valves. Super fun to drive, anybody with a S550 out there should feel blessed. That fire it started in me just cost me a lot of money!

The next manual car I drove was about 6 months later and it was a Shelby. The car was new but had a small ding in the door and was missing the front S-H-E-L-B-Y piece of the body kit/scoop- is scoop what itā€™s called? Anyway, it was the baddest car I had ever driven but it just didnā€™t feel right. With 7 payments left on my truck I was going to eat a little too much extra cash too. I actually did make an offer but told them theyā€™d need to store it for a few months, they said theyā€™d consider it (which probably wasnā€™t true) but they ended up selling it the same day.

To get some closure, I decided to drive a car I had been keeping in the back of my mind for a while- a ā€˜16+ Camaro SS. I had a hard time believing it would feel like the Shelby but it wasnā€™t much out of my way, so I did. It was a brand new 1SS off the lot in a color I liked. Almost immediately, I knew it just wasnā€™t going to be the car for me. Between the poor visibility, the number of them on the road and the general fun factor of driving it, she was a nice car but she was no Mustang. I found it to be too refined in a way and there was nothing raw about it. My personal preference is that I like a softer clutch and, for that reason, I really like that the Shelby feels like butter from gear to gear. Donā€™t get me wrong, the SS is an extremely fast car but itā€™s faster than it feels. Hope that makes sense.

As August 2018 neared an end, the car I had been waiting for popped up at a local dealer. I actually found the original owner on this forum and I can tell he is a very meticulous person who cares about this car and sold it to the dealer as a last resort- I think he actually cares who is behind the wheel. He even made arrangements to get me the crankshaft and some other items. Real good dude, and thankful I found him so thankful for this community.

As for the car, itā€™s the one Iā€™ve always wanted- it just took me a little while to find it.

Style
Visually, there isnā€™t honestly a car I like looking at more. I really think Ford nailed the design- they could have invested more in the interior but that would increase the cost and personally, Iā€™d rather have it the way it is.

Feel
Between the clutch, gear box, sticky tires and ride height this car feels perfect to me. I am also impressed with how easy this car is to drive and with the visibility. It could be someoneā€™s first manual, and I canā€™t think of another car with 526hp that I could say that about. I wouldnā€™t change a thing about the way this car feels.

Power
On paper, the torque number is low and some are critical. However, that power band is electric. Itā€™s easy to look at two numbers and draw your conclusions but Iā€™d just suggest that anyone doing that needs to spend 10 or 15 minutes in this car. I have pushed it a couple times now- the power is there and the gear is long. Remember the first time you coasted down a hill on your bike? Itā€™s that fun, just for adults.

Value
This car really seems like a solid value and I know with the GT500 coming there might be some uncertainty in terms of how itā€™ll impact the 350s but I have a tough time picturing a world where there isnā€™t a buyer for a car like this one. I think weā€™re safe and even if thereā€™s an initial dip, itā€™ll come back.

Technology
I have always liked Fordā€™s offering from a technology standpoint and the GT350 with the Technology package is no different. Easy to sync with your mobile devices, useful backup cam and performance features related to steering, suspension and exhaust come as part of the Tech pack too. I am particularly impressed with the exhaust value closure- this car literally turns from a beast to a mouse if you need it to and for my wife and I with a potentially important phone call or a sleeping child, I love having this option.

Exhaust
Iā€™ll end with potentially my favorite part- the exhaust. This vehicle does have the resonator removed and I am glad it does. The sounds are extremely raw and the crackles are amazing when you let off the gas, even at low RPM. Pushing that little red button puts a childlike smile on my face every single time.

I look forward to many years of enjoying the Shelby GT350 and my goal is to put around 3k miles on it annually, hit a couple shows or car cruises here and there and keep it in excellent condition.

20180915_193525-02.jpeg
That is a BEAUTIFUL car!!

theweeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jaguar F-Pace, 2005 Jaguar XKR, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Greetings! It has been a long, long time . . . the last Mustang I owned was a '76 II, with the 302, hard to believe that motor only put out 140 ponies. Through the years I have owned a variety of brands including several Fords (my second car was a '71 LTD when I was in High School, two Thunderbirds, and - ugh - a Futura) and the past ten years or so Porsche and Jaguar. I really love my Jaguar SUV and convertible, and the Wrangler is great for getting around the island, but when I saw the Bullitt something flipped. What incredible lines, so clean without ornament, and looking up the reviews I am not sure any other vehicle can deliver so much fun. I am presently in negotiation with a dealership for one that is on the way, K1800 is the number I believe.

At this point I am not sure which of the two Jags I am going to trade, as the F-PACE is such a great road trip vehicle. It is an "S" with respectable 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, and full of comfort and tech. I have a down payment of $5K on an F-PACE SVR to be built this winter and delivered early next year, now considering backing out of that. The local dealership had a Cobra GT350 that I tried out, I swear it has more driver's seat room than my SUV, and running through the close-gated manual just felt so right. I am close to an early retirement, and figure it is time to have some fun before they take away my license for good!

I look forward to rejoining the Mustang family soon!
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 8.36.53 AM.png

Live n Mizery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT premium pp. 2010 Mazda 3 sport
Hey guys.

So although I bought myself my 2016 Mustang GT pp last spring I only recently joined this forum. Previously I owned a modded Chrysler 300C with the 5.7 hemi and a Honda Accord V6 6spd coupe. After selling both of those cars I was in the market for a reliable winter beater/grocery getter and my first ever sports car. I've owned a few sporty cars but not a true muscle car if you know what I mean...

So I picked up a Mazda3 sport with 6spd
and a 2.5 liters peppy lil engine. Then took a few months to research and test drive many different sports cars before taking the new generation Mustang for a test drive. Wow. What a completely difference experience from all of the other stangs I had been in over the years. So much more refined, so well equipped and modern technology. (The trunk popping back open when you leave your key there still amazes me lol) the power even in higher gears and the handling! Going to an independent rear was definitely a selling point for me as well.

After driving it for two summers now with only a canned tune, cai and exhaust work, I caught the mod bug and am slowly starting to customize my beast how I want it to look/ride.
Lowered with spacers, Led conversion, Shelby 350 steering wheel, wrapped roof and soon adding spoilers and a few mild engine mods... Nothing crazy but subtly nice touches to really enjoy the nicest car I've ever owned!!

Looking forward to checking out your rides and sharing info. Cheers!

IMG-20150829-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20150811-WA0000.jpg
20180316_225403.jpg
20181004_204321.jpg
20180924_000545.jpg

REDFOX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang S550 GT, 2003 Protege5, 1993 Probe GT
Vehicle Showcase
Names Mike! New to the forum just picked me up a newish 15' GT Premium with Airaid intake/Roush exhaust and possibly a tune. Last one I owned was an 89' fox body about 12 years ago I ended up trading her for another vehicle. Excited to be a part of the community. So needless to say... I'm thinking i'm back! :p Also currently have an 03' ProtƩgƩ5 and 96 Probe GT.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
20181015_141756.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

andreop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hi my name is Steve. and I am new to the Mustang community. I just purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 GT Premium, Deep Blue Metallic with 20" wheels, auto trans. I am, looking forward to learning about the car and the community.

Madhatter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
My name is Kevin and I am from Dallas area. I have owned a lot of trucks as they have always been my thing. My wife has owned a few challengers so I have always wanted a car for around town as my lifted trucks suck on fuel and can be a hassle in traffic. Picked up my car about 2 weeks ago.

2018 Mustang GT Premium
A10
All the basic GT Premium stuff including digital dash.

Mods:
Tinted Windows
X-pipe
Staggered Asanti 20" wheels with Nitto 555 G2's
Eibach lowering springs
Black badge conversion
Hurst Shifter Conversion
Roush Cold Air Kit
Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace with K brace
Hood Struts (no more pole for me)
Bully Dog (sct) BDX Tuner

Mod on Order:
GT 350 wheel

Future Mods:
Forced Induction - down the road I kind of have it like I want it right now.
I am always browsing youtube and forums for ideas.

I'
kevin.jpg

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Name is Dan, 52 years old, Live in the bay area here in CA. Been lurking here for a couple weeks now and just picked up a new 2019 Mustang GT loaded and with the PP2. Will have FI in it's future but for now will start hitting some open course track days.
20181012_150538-X5.jpg

20181012_150604-X4.jpg

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Hello everyone. Just got a 2019 GT premium A10 PP1 active exhaust and B&O sound. Very happy so far. Will be buying a Whipple or E-force on black Friday.
front.jpg

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
Looks good I have a 18 PPL2 the one thing I would recommend is putting splash guards on otherwise those cup 2 tires will sling rocks on to your paint. Enjoy that car will stick like crazy glue though. Phil

Sponsored

DLW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the tip Phil, will definitely look into that.

Eric5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A
Good evening! I'm on my 2nd 3.5EB F-150 (2011/2015) and getting my order ready for a 2019 GT Premium for days I don't need my truck. I would have already pulled the trigger but I was pissed about BLIS getting pulled from Safe & Smart and moved to 401A. I was going to build a 300A plus safety features. I tried to talk myself into a Challenger Scat Pack instead but I really like the Mustang better. I just requested some info from Ford hoping it will trigger a customer cash mailer. I'll wait a little bit longer to see if anything shows up. If not, I'm still Xplan. Learning a ton from reading the forum posts already! Thanks for sharing so much of your experience!

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Names Nick, currently in Alabama, but changes every 3-5 years... Originally from Colorado.

Currently have a ā€˜18 Ox White GT, itā€™s my 2nd ford and my first American muscle; had Japanese and European cars prior... so this is all somewhat new to me., butlove the car tons so far and only had it a few months.! Really impressed with the Coyote and R&D thatā€™s went into it., really eager to learn and get into the nuts and bolts of these cars.
Glad to be a part of the team and look forward to things to come.!

Juslaxn25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks man.! I have a few more add ons thatā€™ll be ready for the threads soon...!
Sponsored