• S197

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

Sawman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 13 GT Vert, 15 GT, 12 535i, 16 F type R
I have 1 of each. Drive the S550 85% of the time. The 13 14% and the 03 Cobra 1%. I love them all and God willing will keep them till I'm gone and will them out to the kids if I haven't passed them down by then.
Sponsored

351MachOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The 03/04 Cobra gives you something no new Mustang can, lack of refinement. You feel every single bit of the 500+whp (my last dyno) ever time you step on the gas. The car is a brutal beast who you think is trying to kill you. Think of the Terminator vs. S550 as bull riding to equestrian. It is a love it or hate it thing and personally I could not get enough of it. If I didn't get orders to Japan I would have never gotten rid of my Cobra.
Correct.

The sheer brutality of the power is what I miss. It would snap your neck, plant you in the seat, and your cheeks would suck back... All while having the most spartan, cheesy, plastic on plastic interior Ford could cram in.

The new S550 Mustang amazing. It is hands down the best car I have ever owned. But, it is no Terminator.

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm getting the itch for a terminator, the raw neck snapping power is just unreal.... I wonder how that car is to daily drive. I'm sure it would be fine ....

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I'm getting the itch for a terminator, the raw neck snapping power is just unreal.... I wonder how that car is to daily drive. I'm sure it would be fine ....
I daily drove mine for about 10 months after I sold my bike. It was absolutely up to the task of being a daily driver, if you are willing to put the miles on it. I was putting almost 100 miles a day on the car and decided I wasn't happy with that and bought a daily. I will say the Cobra was incredibly comfortable and manageable even in southern California traffic. The only thing I would add is satellite radio because 6 CDs get old after 2-3 hours a day in the car.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I daily drove two different terminators for a total of 3 years. Both where 500+ whp. One coupe and one vert. Was fun at the time. I'll never do it again. The 11 5.0 rendered the terminator old news, old tech and obsolete.

Sponsored

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Ahhh I think I need to find me one. Then I can have the best of both worlds lol... Now if only I could afford all that

MJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTR & 2004 Cobra 490 RWHP
04 Cobra and 11 GT500. Cobra hands down is my favorite. I am still searching for a 350R.

I have driven the new 550. It is a fantastic car but lacks soul compared to the Terminator.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Daily drive mine 2.5 years without hesitation. Drove it for over a year with radials on the back, no issues. Car was up for it, just had to pay attention.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I love your Enthusiasm. :DNeck snapping power. My 95 is a 9.3-9.5 second car on the spray and I don't consider it neck snapping power anymore.

OP
OP
willmkent

willmkent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I love your Enthusiasm. :DNeck snapping power. My 95 is a 9.3-9.5 second car on the spray and I don't consider it neck snapping power anymore.
Hate to say it but I haven't had many CRAZY fast cars. Just pretty quick ones. So i guess that's really all that matters to me now, is the quick factor.

so for kicks i called my insurance company to get a quote on a 04 cobra vert....

$190.00 per month for full coverage! OMG didn't expect that!! I priced out a 2015 loaded GT and it was only $149.00 I have NO tickets, NO accidents, and NO claims at all on my policy what so ever... didn't think it would have been that expensive, but damn, its the cars reputation for sure

Sponsored

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
The Cobra is a great motor trapped in a 21 year old chassis with a 21 year old interior design. S550 All day here.
Yep. I had a 2003 Cobra and there's no way I'd take it back over my 2015 GT.

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
Loved my '03 Cobra but they have just come so far since then it would be hard to do that over again.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Playing with a bias crowd...but I would definitely keep my S550. Not only has better performance, but also the interior design far surpasses either of these options.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Why would you go to an older version when you have a newer refined version availabe

S550 for me.

I understand the desire. For example, I have a Shelby replica. No top, no PS, no PBrakes, no AC, a barely functioning heater and wipers. And fun as hell to drive. But the 03 isn't that. It's something in the middle. An attempt at a nice interior built on a chassis that is basically 25 years old. It doesn't turn, actually doesn't go straight that well either in the factory form. People throw out "yeah but you can do xxx". Sure you can do anything to anything. It was an incredible car, and people desire it for the same reason my dad wants a 63 corvette. It's what he wanted so bad before so he still wants it.

If you really want an unrefined feel, ditch the cobra. Admit that you just want it and quit trying to justify and I'll believe you.

Fwiw, yes it was the sheer raw feeling of power but a roush tvs'd 5.0 has much more raw, hand-of-God-pushing-you-down-the-road feeling than the cobra ever could. I owned both back to back.
Sponsored