bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Exterior styling- is a personal thing. I currently own a SN95, S197, and S550.
I never get tired of looking at any of the three.

Interior-IMO the S550 is head and shoulders above anything that has come before it. The stock seats are probably the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. Better than M3 or Corvette seats.

Power-seams equal to me but you can launch the S197 harder at the track without having to worry about wheel hop.

Handling-I was expecting more from the S550 after reading the magazines but still extremely good. I'd say it's the best mustang ever and on a level with the E46 & E90 M3s. As far as ride and handling.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Exterior styling- is a personal thing. I currently own a SN95, S197, and S550.
I never get tired of looking at any of the three.

Interior-IMO the S550 is head and shoulders above anything that has come before it. The stock seats are probably the most comfortable seats I've ever been in. Better than M3 or Corvette seats.

Power-seams equal to me but you can launch the S197 harder at the track without having to worry about wheel hop.

Handling-I was expecting more from the S550 after reading the magazines but still extremely good. I'd say it's the best mustang ever and on a level with the E46 & E90 M3s. As far as ride and handling.
Lucky guy, which S197 do you have?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had serious reservations about parting with my '09 Bullitt for my S550, but now that I have it there's no looking back. The S550 is such a superior car all around.

Now, it would be even more interesting if my S550 would have the snort that my pullied and tuned GT500 did, but that's easily fixed. ;)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lucky guy, which S197 do you have?
The current S197 is an Mca v6 premium automatic. Nice lil daily driver. Got rid of a 2011 gt last year. The SN95 is trailed drag strip toy.

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
The current S197 is an Mca v6 premium automatic. Nice lil daily driver. Got rid of a 2011 gt last year. The SN95 is trailed drag strip toy.
Nice. I had a 2000 GT that I put $100k miles on as a daily driver before selling it to my Dad for a song. It's still around. Loved the sound of that 4.6.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Nice. I had a 2000 GT that I put $100k miles on as a daily driver before selling it to my Dad for a song. It's still around. Loved the sound of that 4.6.

Those are some expensive miles bro. :p

4Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary AP Black
LOL I just posted on a very similar thread on another very popular all mustangs forum, and read here to find other people´s comments are right on the spot.

I currently both a 14 GT vert and a 15 GT premium with the AP. also have new edge GT and a old 80s fox. Love them all honestly, that´s why I can´t get rid of any.

I agree pretty much 100% with the OP´s points, except my cars are automatics.

Disagree on the Fusion front end. the current car´s front end is actually not that different from the 2014 in terms of grille size and position, grille depth, etc. it "only" has the same overall shape of the Fusion´s grille. In any case I find the Fusion a ver attractive car also.

On the interior notes, I also think the 2015 is excellent in terms of soft touch materials and design, but I don´t think the 2014s interior is cheap or poorly designed. Save for the door panels and center console, the rest of the interior is gorgeous with its retro design and color combos (mine is red leather). I love the gauges on the 2014, where I think the gauges on the 2015 are boring in comparison.

Ride quality and handling is where the 2015 is light years away from the 2014. The 2014 has a bouncy rear end and its not comfortable at all in less than perfect roads. The 2015 feels amazing, absorbs bumps and imperfections like no Mustang has ever done. Driving on a twisty road the 2015 inspires tons of confidence to push it, its very taut, where the 2014 feels jittery and more floaty. In a perfect road or a closed road course the difference might not be big but on the everyday roads I drive the difference is HUGE.

The 2015 has taken all the great things of past Mustangs, improved them and made the best Mustang ever yet. This is the Mustang of the future. I love my 2014 and older Mustangs, but there´s no question in my head that the 2015 is the best Mustang of them all when I drive it.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I really got on mine around a 180° turn on torn up asphalt today and was really surprised by how well it dealt with the situation. My '12 would have cooked the tires and been a lot of fun but the '15 held tight and really put the power to the ground. Wasnt as fun but still put a big smile on my face. Always fun pushing the bar further and the '15 will let you do that.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
90% of the people in the UK who have S197s have changed both lower control arms as the Ford ones are like paper, One Garage has done around 200 and can now do them in double quick time.
I sold my S197 09 to move up to the S550, the tech and the interior for me was a massive part of the decision, was not a fan of the original front, but love the Calif Special look

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Interesting read guys.

This will be my first mustang and I am very excited about the purchase. Growing up, I was always a Camaro/Trams AM guy. I had friends with Z28's and Trams Ams. Always wanted, but could never afford.

But now the S550 is happening:D

I have friends now with S197's, but none with S550's. I will be the first in my group of friends with one. (Bragging rights :cheers:)
Reading thru, it sounds like overall the S550 is a few steps above what it was. I always liked the look of the S197s, but it just really didn't "do it" for me. I saw the S550 and fell in love. I rented an ecoboost premium vert for a week last fall. I wanted a V8, but couldn't find a rental anywhere, so all was left was an ecoboost.

I enjoyed it immensely. The premium trim was very nice and the car was very comfortable. But I am longing for my V8 to show up.

Please keep the comparisons coming. The more I read about the car, the more I want mine to show up.:clap2:

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
[MENTION=14170]ATLalien[/MENTION] - outstanding write up! these kind of reviews are my favorite type of forum posts, and yours didn't disappoint. Was worth the full read.

Thanks!
Ground Speed

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I had a beautiful very tastefully modded '13GT that I had no problem getting rid of for the s550. Everything about the s550 is more appealing to me than any previous generation.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I had a beautiful very tastefully modded '13GT that I had no problem getting rid of for the s550. Everything about the s550 is more appealing to me than any previous generation.
Yes you did. I have read/seen a lot of your posts and have seen a lot of the razzing other members have given you about your car(s) especially on another site :D And seeing the way you look after your cars, I would think there is a lineup of perspective buyers for your new one already. :thumbsup:

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Yes you did. I have read/seen a lot of your posts and have seen a lot of the razzing other members have given you about your car(s) especially on another site :D And seeing the way you look after your cars, I would think there is a lineup of perspective buyers for your new one already. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words Derek. :cheers: your GT/CS in Oxford White is a real head turner for sure!!!!!
Sponsored