Hpp vs regular

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
That's his point. The HPP engine tuning is something similar to the Ford Performance tune for the standard Eco, but very vague in the literature. I dyno'd my car stock. The engine mapping is embarrassingly bad. I mean real garbage. They just pump raw fuel through the car for whatever reason. Ryan Martin tunes my car and before he added any boost or timing, he just cleaned up the base map so it wasn't crazy rich at WOT. That change alone made for a much better car. I can tell the difference between a map from Ryan and the stock map just listening to the idle. Ryan's tuning is smoother *everywhere* and the tailpipe doesn't look like you're burning Kingsford.
I just got done wrapping up my e30 tune with Ryan for my HPP with NX2. 91 tune was done first and both feel great. He's a real tuning surgeon with these cars. 91 final map was v1.8 and e30 was v1.9. Lots of datalogs and just under 5 months to complete both tunes.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I did a 91 & e30 tune on the stock turbo in a similar manner. Did you run the stock turbo long enough to know the difference between it and the NX2?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I did a 91 & e30 tune on the stock turbo in a similar manner. Did you run the stock turbo long enough to know the difference between it and the NX2?
I ran a 5star 91 tune with stock turbo and NX2 then did the 91 and e30 tune with Ryan with NX2. He kept me around 22-23psi through WOT with an occasional 24-25psi spike. Not sure how the AP estimates HP and Torque but this was my final e30 log and revision.

20220209_031930.jpg

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I don't remember what mine shows for estimated power, but I seem to remember it in the 3's. It uses fuel delivery and airflow to come up with a guess at the crank. The actual number is suspect in terms of an absolute value, but I think the difference between changes is reasonable.

What is the difference in power delivery between the two turbos?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
It all depends on if you want to take it on the track. If it is seeing a track, get the one with a roof. If it's just a cruiser and maybe occasional auto-X, then I think the open top with those pieces you've spec'd is a pretty good option.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No track at all....any idea on the FPP Street Handling package comfort on trashy roads?
I think, in general, the Ford Performance stuff gets reasonable reviews on the street. It doesn't turn it into a racecar, but it does lower and stiffen pretty much everything, which is a good thing. And track-guys say the shocks aren't stiff enough for them, that's also probably a good thing.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
FPP Street Handling package comfort on trashy roads?
don't even bother. Live with the low-rent stock or go to FRPP ! TRACK ! config and mix in whatever springs you want The Street dampers are garbage.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need the sways or lowered springs, just the dampers are the useful bits.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
If I had the choice at this price point, it'd be Bilstein for shocks/struts.

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP/HP 6MT, 03 Boxster S, 97 M3
How do you like TSW?

The dealer messed up my Sept Silver vert order. Did not order HPP.

Have an option for the one they brought in or a Carbonized grey HPP. Both are discounted $4-5K.

Intuitively I want the HPP but I live the silver. Checking if dealer will get me all the Ford bracing, EB tune, and Handling package at cost.....

Thoughts?
I love the lighter weight of the TSWs. And the silver wheels on the blue car are good. They are a little pricey without a good sale. I got mine whne they were obsoleting the Interlagos design so they were relatively cheap, under $1000 for four. There are several light weight wheel brands so look around. I remember a Canadian company that had very light 19 inch wheels with rolled barrels that they started producing in the last two years. Get what you like, look around a lot.

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Been reading up on this

I had a 2019 Eco 200A, and sold it in January 2022. Shoulda kept it but whatever. Made $7100 over what I had in it (what I paid for it...that plus taxes, insurance, etc) and I have another car.

Well I sold the other car today. Old fox body. So I'm down to the old diesel which I really don't enjoy driving very much.

Looking at another ecoboost but having a hard time finding one. Found several new '21 HPP's on the lots, one of which is iconic silver which I like. The other is like a charcoal. Both coupes.

I had no problem with the '19 non hpp. It did everything I needed, and got close to 40mpg if I drove it just right. Averaged mid 30's. THAT was nice! 3.15 diff and A10 trans.

So what's the MPG you all are getting with the hpp's? It's not a deal breaker, and I realized it really should not be asked, but considering the extra 8 grand it costs, it better be "that" good. They're almost 50 grand here which is close to what I paid for my house.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Been reading up on this

I had a 2019 Eco 200A, and sold it in January 2022. Shoulda kept it but whatever. Made $7100 over what I had in it (what I paid for it...that plus taxes, insurance, etc) and I have another car.

Well I sold the other car today. Old fox body. So I'm down to the old diesel which I really don't enjoy driving very much.

Looking at another ecoboost but having a hard time finding one. Found several new '21 HPP's on the lots, one of which is iconic silver which I like. The other is like a charcoal. Both coupes.

I had no problem with the '19 non hpp. It did everything I needed, and got close to 40mpg if I drove it just right. Averaged mid 30's. THAT was nice! 3.15 diff and A10 trans.

So what's the MPG you all are getting with the hpp's? It's not a deal breaker, and I realized it really should not be asked, but considering the extra 8 grand it costs, it better be "that" good. They're almost 50 grand here which is close to what I paid for my house.
My commute back and forth to work is 46 miles, 10 of that is freeway, the other 36 city. I'm averaging around 24mpg and this is with NX2 turbo and pro tuned on 91.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at another ecoboost but having a hard time finding one. Found several new '21 HPP's on the lots
Call up ourisman ford manassas. You want Jason Clark. And make sure you mention my name (+Matt)

Ted Britt in chantilly has a HPP 100a car in silver that they'll sell for invoice. Yousef is the name but watch them like a hawk. They will try to sneak 1600 worth of BS if you don't pay attention.

There is a lovely 21 hpp+hp in yellow at Waldorf Ford. It fell off the website but trust me they have it. They will sell it for invoice. Ask for Raymond Boelke.

PM me for the personal cell of the 3 guys.

Ourisman has about 40 mustangs because they keep buying them up from dealets who can't move them.

I bought my eb yesterday from Jason for an unheard of these days, 500 below invoice net of fees. You're unlikely to get invoice on the cars they bought from other places, but you should be able to get under MSRP.

They took in a eb A10 on trade a couple hours ago. 2018/9 I think. It won't be listed but again talk to Paul.
Sponsored

Last edited: