Sponsored

2020+ hpp tune question

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philippe
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost with handling package
It would be best to discuss all your goal and mods with the tuner to keep the HP/TQ in safe limits for your intended reliability level. PD tuning is very qualified and can do Etunes with the Cobb AP where you do datalogs per the tuners criteria and send them to him and he analyzes and revises the tune and sends it back to you to download into the AP and flash your car. Then repeat the process until the tuner is satisfied, he has reached your tuning goals and safety level.

BD
Thank you very much - this makes sense to me - i will contact them and go from there.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philippe
Vehicle(s)
ONe more question : selection of INtercooler : i've read many positive comments about CVF Street IC as well as on the Garrett INtercooler. Garrett one is about $300 more expensive ; is there a difference in Qulity, reliability or performance between those 2 options ?

again, thank you all for sharing your expertise.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
ONe more question : selection of INtercooler : i've read many positive comments about CVF Street IC as well as on the Garrett INtercooler. Garrett one is about $300 more expensive ; is there a difference in Qulity, reliability or performance between those 2 options ?

again, thank you all for sharing your expertise.
I can't speak for the garrett IC as I have no experience with it but do have the CVFab black street IC and can say it is very high quality construction. I am sure the garrett is also very good but not sure its 300 bucks better quality. Hopefully others will chime in that have experience with it.

I have had no issue with my CVFab IC in 6K+ miles, I will say that you should do both the IC and hot/cold side pipes at the same time to make install much easier.

BD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philippe
Vehicle(s)
I can't speak for the garrett IC as I have no experience with it but do have the CVFab black street IC and can say it is very high quality construction. I am sure the garrett is also very good but not sure its 300 bucks better quality. Hopefully others will chime in that have experience with it.

I have had no issue with my CVFab IC in 6K+ miles, I will say that you should do both the IC and hot/cold side pipes at the same time to make install much easier.

BD
Thanks s lot. This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. Yes I plan to take the hot/cold pipes kit with it.

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
Just copped mine last week and immediatley dropped in a K&N as I intend to keep the stock airbox for now. I think I'll go for intercooler next.

Sponsored

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
Ryan Martin @ PD Tuning does the engine calibration work on my HPP. The HPP is a step up from the base Eco and even Ryan's 91 mapping is massively better than stock. It's probably a bigger step from HPP to Ryan's 91 tune than it is from base to HPP. The e30 mapping is where it starts to get fun.
we have the same car. I gotta hit Ryan up. I just got her; will slap a intercooler on first then hit him up.
Sponsored