2020+ hpp tune question

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
im working on a 2020 hpp, mod list Roush intake, steeda clutch spring , turbosmart bov (crazy loud).

I have contacted Roush and ford performance for factory friendly tune but both said the Ecoboost tunes will not work with the hpp.

so what tune/tuner are most people with this unicorn car running.
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Most guys will agree to skip the intake, and just install a high flow performance air filter. And before you consider any other modes, replace the OEM Intercooler with an aftermarket performance Intercooler.
I'm not a big fan of blow off valves, or muffler deletes in the early stages of modifications. Your money will be better spent on quality 91/93 octane fuel!
Good News, you already have one of the more desirable Ecoboost Mustangs, as far as factory performance with reliability!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I agree but this is my wife’s car. She picks parts I install em. I’m planing on doing a cvf street intercooler. And I’m working with steeda to get the correct Suspension. I’m not just gonna slap some springs on and call it a day. This car handles very well in curves to be stock. Put my gt to shame lol. The intake was mostly for looks and it was a very cheap market place find.

E8EC978E-7714-4DC1-9A72-CCA34A94BC5E.jpeg

Don’t look bad for 80$

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
im working on a 2020 hpp, mod list Roush intake, steeda clutch spring , turbosmart bov (crazy loud).

I have contacted Roush and ford performance for factory friendly tune but both said the Ecoboost tunes will not work with the hpp.

The Cobb Accessport will work with your car. I am working with PD Tuning on a 93 octane tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Thank you sir. I was getting worried. Cause roush and ford will not touch it. Both said there tunes will not work on this unicorn. Hell roush made out like there didn’t know it ever existed. I had to send them a link with all the specs.

#roush get it together

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Cobb Accessport will work with your car. I am working with PD Tuning on a 93 octane tune.
neato! Will you be posting a detailed "results" thread?

OP, Steeda had a tune if I remember and so should Unleashed Tuning. If Wengard doesn't have one yet, I'm sure he'd be up to the task.

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Awesome. I’m a gt guy. So I’m new to i4 boosted game thanks y’all so much for the info.

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
neato! Will you be posting a detailed "results" thread?

OP, Steeda had a tune if I remember and so should Unleashed Tuning. If Wengard doesn't have one yet, I'm sure he'd be up to the task.
Shogun
I did not gather any data prior to modifying the engine so I don't have anything to compare my pre and post performance with the PD Tune. I will say this, the car is just as drivable and smooth as it was from the factory however it has more power everywhere in the RPM ranges.
When I recieved the Cobb Accessport I loaded their Stage 2 93 Octane tune into the car. There was more power and 2 psig more boost but when I let off the gas at 6,000 RPM there was a very loud POP! That startled me and for a moment I thought I blew something up. You may want that, I hear a lot of pops from different turbo cars, I can live without that.

Tom

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
when I let off the gas at 6,000 RPM there was a very loud POP! That startled me and for a moment I thought I blew something up. You may want that, I hear a lot of pops from different turbo cars, I can live without that.
ditto. I HATE crackle tunes. I learned to tolerate it on the SS/1LE but next time around I'm having Unleashed defeat that nonsense.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I’m running the Cobb Stage 2 91 octane temporarily until I learn the Cobb a bit better, then I plan to go PDTuning.
I started trying to build data using 0-60, but found that eats tires, lol.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

Ryan Martin @ PD Tuning does the engine calibration work on my HPP. The HPP is a step up from the base Eco and even Ryan's 91 mapping is massively better than stock. It's probably a bigger step from HPP to Ryan's 91 tune than it is from base to HPP. The e30 mapping is where it starts to get fun.

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
So
Cobb
Pd tuning
And maybe steeda

are the tunes that everyone recommends correct

Has any one tried the jb4 tuner. That keeps popping up in my searches

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Cobb has tunes. I don't know of anyone 'recommending' them. Most of the recommendations I hear is to avoid anything but the stage 1.

When doing engine calibrations, OEM's have to account for all the manufacturing variations they experience. As it turns out, car companies are getting pretty damned good at machining and screwing engines together. Because of this, the mechanical aspects of the engines which affect engine tuning are very consistent. However, what they do struggle with is the difference in sensors. All sensors will have a slightly different zero offset and slightly different output curves. They're all very close as well, but this has a bigger effect that the mechanical differences.

Because of this, I think if you're going beyond the factory engine mapping, it needs to be done on your individual car and engine. Knock kills these engines very quickly and they aren't the strongest things in the first place. Give it every chance you can to live and have a pro tune it.
Sponsored