Hood Struts - Which Ones?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Stick with a company that has confidence in their product! We have been producing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 14 years and stand behind them! Plus ours is 25% less expensive! :thumbsup:
Based on feedback, price, appearance and the fact that you include the 1" bit needed = my next mod.

EDIT: Just ordered from American Muscle. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Had the Redline hood struts since summer of 2015 :) No complaints and have worked flawlessly all this time. I still have the smaller brackets though :(

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Had the Redline hood struts since summer of 2015 :) No complaints and have worked flawlessly all this time. I still have the smaller brackets though :(
Hit [MENTION=10101]Redline Tuning[/MENTION] up for an upgrade to the larger brackets and take advantage of discount code for free shipping.

Easy to do and worth the extra support for the hood!

Love my Redlines!

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Glad I searched, looks like redline is the kit to have.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just installed Redline hood struts, super fantastic. Love how it cleans up things when the hood is up, plus the added clearance to work around the engine bay.

Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
REDLINE all the way and their customer support is awesome !!! I was so happy to get rid of that stupid prop rod !!! :thumbsup:

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I have Redline.easy to install works great.watch the video on CJ pony parts you'll have them done in no time.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Last edited:

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
bumping an old thread; can the Redline Elite also come w/o logo? sry to say, but I really don't like the logo and don't want the word 'tuning' anywhere on my vehicle...

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I didn't really put a lot of research into these pieces. I figured they would all be basically the same. Looks like there are quite a few differences among the available offerings.

I chose the MMD pieces and I am happy with them. Shipping was fast, parts looked good upon arrival, and fitment was good.

Sponsored

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
bumping an old thread; can the Redline Elite also come w/o logo? sry to say, but I really don't like the logo and don't want the word 'tuning' anywhere on my vehicle...
The logo on our gas spring is a sticker that can be easily removed. :thumbsup:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I didn't really put a lot of research into these pieces. I figured they would all be basically the same. Looks like there are quite a few differences among the available offerings.

I chose the MMD pieces and I am happy with them. Shipping was fast, parts looked good upon arrival, and fitment was good.
I gotta say this is the only time I have disagreed with Kelly :). I had the MMD and they bowed the hood up in the middle on mine. AM was good and after sending them a pic returned them and sent me the redlines. They open and close much more gracefully and do not push up on the hood when it is down.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I owned a Redline kit for an older model mustang I had up until last year. I've since sold the car and of course the parts don't mix with the S550, but I will say I was satisfied with the quality of the kit.

I was fortunate enough to be given a Ford Racing kit for my S550 by a friend and installed it. I am very happy with the FRPP kit as well. The only thing I like about it more than Redline's is it says "Ford Performance" in outward facing bronze/silver logos. It's a small but nice added touch. Beyond that had I not been given what I have, I would buy Redline as well.

elrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EcoBoost Prem Vert Pony Pkg TY
Redline Tuning????

EDIT: Connecting directly with Redline Tuning produced wonderful results. Andreas quickly agreed to send me some replacement parts. They arrived quickly and the system now works ever so smoothly. Reference post #85 [My next job is to have a discussion with reseller.]

I purchased a set of Redline Tuning Quick Lift Plus struts via a reseller/sponsor on this forum. They arrived quickly and I began to install them. When I came to the alignment of the passenger side hood bracket, my experience was very much like that of @S550ilver noted in this post.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1406012&postcount=24

[FONT=&quot]Changing my hood installation position to make an add-on bracket fit was not my desire. A resulting visibly mis-aligned hood was not acceptable. I chose to modify the bracket (shown in picture attached). It totally escapes me why the bracket couldn't have been designed so as to fit ALL S550 Mustangs.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The installation seemed to work just fine for a week. After a 300 mile road trip, I opened the hood and found the the passenger-side strut popped off at the fender end and wedged between two parts of the fender. Please note that the problem was at the fender end NOT the hood end which I modified.

I removed all the strut parts and returned to my good ol Ford prop rod. I sent a detailed writeup and pictures to my reseller/sponsor. Their customer service folks worked for three days with Redline Tuning who simply, totally rejected any warranty ... or discussion.

Apparently Redline Tuning is perfect. They never make a mistake ... and their parts are never defective. It is really disheartning to not even be able to DISCUSS what the real failure cause is. Consider this before doing business with them.

[FONT=&quot]Please note that my reseller/sponsor did everything they possibly could to make things right. I am not mentioning their name because many people would wrongly associate them with my problem.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
strut8-6g.jpg

Last edited:

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
[FONT=&quot]
I removed all the strut parts and returned to my good ol Ford prop rod. I sent a detailed writeup and pictures to my reseller/sponsor. Their customer service folks worked for three days with Redline Tuning who simply, totally rejected any warranty ... or discussion.

Apparently Redline Tuning is perfect. They never make a mistake ... and their parts are never defective. It is really disheartning to not even be able to DISCUSS what the real failure cause is. Consider this before doing business with them.

[FONT=&quot]Please note that my reseller/sponsor did everything they possibly could to make things right. I am not mentioning their name because many people would wrongly associate them with my problem.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
TIME OUT! I would appreciate it if you would send me a PM and find out who the vendor is that you bought this from and how they contacted us. We are a small business and all correspondence either goes through me or my business partner so I want to get to the bottom of this immediately. Any company will have issues with a product, but how they take care of those issues speaks volumes about them. We pride ourselves on our customer service and always take care of any issue that occurs with our product.
Regards,
Andreas
Sponsored