Sponsored

hood struts

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
Had to loosen up bottom bolt then realign hood bracket and both fenders, it looks way better and i dont have to slam the hood. Took 30 mins.
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I guess I will wait a bit. My Acura ones fit perfect, but the 2014 Escape ones did not match the instructions, so I think I will wait to make sure they have the bugs worked out. Car doesn't arrive for 10 more weeks, so I am not in a rush anyway.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So I went out and messed with my hinge nuts on the passenger side and was able to get the bracket lined up with the hole. Everything was great till I closed the hood to see that my racing stripes no longer lined up. SHIT!! I tried adjusting the drivers side to compensate, and no joy. Doesn't seem to be enough adjustment to get my stripes lined back up. I had to go and put the passenger side back to where it was and the stripes are lined back up again. If I didn't have the V-series stripes with the tapering edges I would have just pulled the front section off and replaced those pieces. I don't want to have to buy another whole stripe kit just to replace that 1 little section.
Martman GT: Send me a PM with your contact info and we will figure out a solution to your issue. :thumbsup:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
To the folks that had to adjust their hoods: is the good actually aligned +better+ now? I want to get hood struts AND my hood could use a touch of adjustment anyway. :)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
To the folks that had to adjust their hoods: is the good actually aligned +better+ now? I want to get hood struts AND my hood could use a touch of adjustment anyway. :)
i had to push in the passenger fender very small amount but that was it after doing the hood struts. it's just the 3 top bolts to fender in the engine bay. took all of 2mins.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Any concern with bending the hood with these struts? Now you will be trying to bend the hood at the point the strut attaches to the hood when you close it.

On cars that come from the factory with struts the design of the hood bracing will take into account the bending forces around the strut mount, I am jot convinced Ford even considered it since the provide a prop rod.

Dave

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Any concern with bending the hood with these struts? Now you will be trying to bend the hood at the point the strut attaches to the hood when you close it.

On cars that come from the factory with struts the design of the hood bracing will take into account the bending forces around the strut mount, I am jot convinced Ford even considered it since the provide a prop rod.

Dave
that's the whole point of the big black bracket these come with is to stop the hood from flexing

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I have 2 O Reiily auto parts Hood Struts rated at 92 lbs each ..Fabricated 2 L brackets for the hood attachment points and 2 for the body attachment points ..these struts are great at holding the weight of the aluminum hood in position ..I am sure that the 2 1/2 inches afforded the L brackets I made helps ..

I have experienced no flexing of the hood what so ever ..these struts open the hood after a slight opening ..
I love em and shoot , I came up with this on my own ..No package deal here ..
Total cost $ 48.00

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Anyone know the hood weight? The F150 comes stock with hood struts i wonder if they would work. Not sure if they can be had cheaper though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored