Hood Struts - Which Ones?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Any company will have issues with a product, but how they take care of those issues speaks volumes about them. We pride ourselves on our customer service and always take care of any issue that occurs with our product.
Regards,
Andreas
When we ended up with one of the mount ends not working out during install of the Redline, Andreas responded to me within the hour requesting our mailing address to replace the part. Both they and American Muscle hit me back quickly, part arrived, all is well.

Thanks Andreas, as a small business owner I know that in the end, it's service when you need it that counts. Loving the struts!

(and yes we did remove the prop rod after this pic was taken though)
2015-redline-hood-struts.jpg

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I purchased a set of Redline Tuning Quick Lift Plus struts via a reseller/sponsor on this forum. They arrived quickly and I began to install them. When I came to the alignment of the passenger side hood bracket, my experience was very much like that of [MENTION=19467]S550ilver[/MENTION] noted in this post.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1406012&postcount=24

[FONT=&quot]Changing my hood installation position to make an add-on bracket fit was not my desire. A resulting visibly mis-aligned hood was not acceptable. I chose to modify the bracket (shown in picture attached). It totally escapes me why the bracket couldn't have been designed so as to fit ALL S550 Mustangs.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The installation seemed to work just fine for a week. After a 300 mile road trip, I opened the hood and found the the passenger-side strut popped off at the fender end and wedged between two parts of the fender. Please note that the problem was at the fender end NOT the hood end which I modified.

I removed all the strut parts and returned to my good ol Ford prop rod. I sent a detailed writeup and pictures to my reseller/sponsor. Their customer service folks worked for three days with Redline Tuning who simply, totally rejected any warranty ... or discussion.

Apparently Redline Tuning is perfect. They never make a mistake ... and their parts are never defective. It is really disheartning to not even be able to DISCUSS what the real failure cause is. Consider this before doing business with them.
Yea, I had to modify my hood bracket as well, and I got the same response: that they measured it from a perfectly aligned hood... blah blah blah.

The real fix is taking the step drill bit they provide, and widen the hole the windshield nozzle clip goes into.

It's still a quality product though, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
This really speaks to quality control (or lack thereof) on Ford's part, as opposed to an issue with the product itself. Many have no issues at all, while some do.

Still a great product from a company that appears to do everything they can to take care of the customer!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This really speaks to quality control (or lack thereof) on Ford's part, as opposed to an issue with the product itself. Many have no issues at all, while some do.

Still a great product from a company that appears to do everything they can to take care of the customer!
Everything but design a small part to work with the cars as they are actually built. I can't believe a company tells customers they don't need to change their design mistake. That is the opposite of taking care of the customer.

Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Everything but design a small part to work with the cars as they are actually built. I can't believe a company tells customers they don't need to change their design mistake. That is the opposite of taking care of the customer.
Just curious how it's a design mistake when 99% of us have had zero issues and one or two have issues that get resolved? So it's a design mistake if one person says it is? I get it...........

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just curious how it's a design mistake when 99% of us have had zero issues and one or two have issues that get resolved? So it's a design mistake if one person says it is? I get it...........
I'll stand by my statement that its a MISTAKE to just tell customers its not Redline's fault rather than make the extremely small change necessary to avoid the issue with some hood alignments.

I guaranty there are people who have passed on these just because its not worth the hassle if their car's hood alignment turns out to not work with the product despite being perfectly acceptable in all other ways. A smart business just eliminates the problem instead of blaming someone else.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I'll stand by my statement that its a MISTAKE to just tell customers its not Redline's fault rather than make the extremely small change necessary to avoid the issue with some hood alignments.

I guaranty there are people who have passed on these just because its not worth the hassle if their car's hood alignment turns out to not work with the product despite being perfectly acceptable in all other ways. A smart business just eliminates the problem instead of blaming someone else.
There you go. A unique business opportunity to net you customers and $$$$. Design and manufacture said product. My son and I installed them about three months ago on both our cars. Perfect fitment. We love our Redlines.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

elrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EcoBoost Prem Vert Pony Pkg TY
Redline Tuning proves their integrity again.

Redline Tuning comes thru again! Reference post #74. I emailed with Andreas of RLT several times. He agreed that my modification to the bracket was not the cause of my issue. He rapidly decided to send me more replacement parts than I expected ... just to be sure that the system was good. Reinstallation was just completed and the hood cycled several times. All appears to be excellent.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ Awesome customer service from Redline Tuning. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Yea, I had to modify my hood bracket as well, and I got the same response: that they measured it from a perfectly aligned hood... blah blah blah.

The real fix is taking the step drill bit they provide, and widen the hole the windshield nozzle clip goes into.

It's still a quality product though, and I'd recommend it to anyone.
On Edit: I did not see post #74 so I have sent a PM to Redline. My apologies.

It is a quality made product, but...

As the OP I finally started to install the passenger side bracket and have the same problem with interference with the hood hinge. The bracket is not designed to take into consideration all possible hood alignment positions. A re-design that moves the ball stud mount toward the top of the bracket 1/4" would eliminate interference with the hood hinge.

I can not simply make the hole bigger, it doesn't even come close. The interference forces the bracket to be rotated to the right too far. I'm not too found of grinding my hood hinge either. What is the proper fix for this?

IMG_0548_zpsuhmrcky9.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I can not simply make the hole bigger, it doesn't even come close. The interference forces the bracket to be rotated to the right too far. I'm not too found of grinding my hood hinge either. What is the proper fix for this?

IMG_0548_zpsuhmrcky9.jpg
Grind the edge of the hood strut bracket where it contacts the hood hinge, and touch up the bare metal with black paint. But yeah, if the hood strut bracket was designed to give more room for clearance in that area it would be better, and not show up like this for some guys.

OP
OP
tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Grind the edge of the hood strut bracket where it contacts the hood hinge, and touch up the bare metal with black paint. But yeah, if the hood strut bracket was designed to give more room for clearance in that area it would be better, and not show up like this for some guys.
No need. Andreas has already PM'ed (on a Sunday even) and is taking care of things. I can't say enough about the level of customer service witnessed in only a couple of hours. Did I mention it's Sunday?!!!

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
So what's the solution?
Sponsored