John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I would like to know too. Yes he solves the problem but how?....is it a revised bracket?
Just need to make the brackets with a little less edge material in the area of interference where the bracket touches the hood hinge to eliminate the interference, and then the hood bracket can go on straight.

OP
OP
tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The solution is different brackets that are slimmer with holes slightly slotted.

IMG_0552_zpsiiejprbs.jpg

They fit nicely on both sides and the hood struts work perfectly. As an added bonus this kit actually opens the hood more than the prop rod which is nice for those of us who are taller than the average Joe. Redline customer service was on it withing hours of my PM on a Sunday and and the brackets arrived maybe Tuesday.

What else do they sell? :thumbsup:

Sponsored

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So if you order a new kit will it come with the slimmer/slotted version brackets?

I want to order a set but I don't want to have to test for the old brackets then call for the new style. I want to open up the box and install it once without dragging this out for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
You would have to contact Redline to find out what they are shipping. They are very responsive.

Personally I would have preferred the wider brackets to have worked. Unfortunately they did not and it was no big deal to have them send another set in 2 days, but that's just me.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Well this is crap. My set ordered in late Oct had the larger brackets which didn't work. So they suggested it was ok to drill the hole out and install it crooked. Never offered me these better brackets. That's a little poor customer service.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Redline, had mine since April last year and they're holding up great
It appears that your brackets are mounted via the top hood hinge post and nuts, are the bottoms also drilled and slipping over lower hood hinge post as well?

The reason I ask is because mine mount on the bottom hood hinge post only and then secure with the one nut, there is only one set of holes in my bracket.

TC :shrug::shrug::doh::doh::shrug::shrug:

might explain why I cant the darn hood to realign, it appears to me that the hood struts are interfering with the hood hinge.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It appears that your brackets are mounted via the top hood hinge post and nuts, are the bottoms also drilled and slipping over lower hood hinge post as well?

The reason I ask is because mine mount on the bottom hood hinge post only and then secure with the one nut, there is only one set of holes in my bracket.

TC :shrug::shrug::doh::doh::shrug::shrug:

might explain why I cant the darn hood to realign, it appears to me that the hood struts are interfering with the hood hinge.
Our hood bracket mounts only using the upper bolt on the hood hinge assembly. Please clarify with a picture as I am having a hard time following your description.

2015%20Mustang%20hood%20bracket.jpg

Sponsored

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Redline (Andreas) reached out to me too yesterday concerning the brackets that came in my kit for my 16. I cant wait to get these new brackets and get these struts installed. I am very impressed with their customer service...

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Our hood bracket mounts only using the upper bolt on the hood hinge assembly. Please clarify with a picture as I am having a hard time following your description.
I installed mine exactly as you had pictured in your post, but if you look at WesleyEng's post it appears they are mounted the other way around.

The issue is my redline hood struts sit so close to the hood hinges that there is very little room to adjust the hood hinge to align the hood properly. The reason that the hood is misaligned now is because I had to loosen the bottom hood hinge nuts so I could get the redline struts installed, these tolerances are way too small in my opinion to get it everything to work properly.

I am going to try one more time today to realign the hood, if I can't get it then I guess I will have to take the struts off and go back to the prop rod which I would hate to do but at least my hood would be aligned properly.

TC

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Andreas from Redline is sending me a set of the new brackets, hopefully this will resolve my hood alignment issues.

many thanks to Redline :clap2:

TC