Hit & Run

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Sorry to hear about your car Nova, the depreciation of value is what sucks the most in situations like this. My wife was rear ended twice in the same month and GEICO absolutely screwed us on the value of her car and the damage amount.
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Man that sucks. I'd have probably taken the next exit and tried to find them... wasting my time likely. Probably wouldn't end well if I did.

I have front and rear dashcams... probably will end up in vain. But ya' never know. Maybe it will help someone else out sometime. I've seen some crazy shit and I'm like.. damn... wish I had a cam. Likely though it produces more incriminating evidence on my part. :facepalm: Cussing all the idiots out there (maybe I'm really the idiot... lol). :curse:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
And imagine if the police are defunded! Uninsured will increase, more drivers will drive like they’re in Mexico. Cars will get stolen left and right. Insurance rates will increase and so on. Wonder if they thought about that. A nice car will be obsolete.

Last edited:

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Your repair may be far more than you expect. With metallic paint they will probably need to paint the rear quarter panel, and drivers door to blend the paint. My wife has a small rock chip and dent just below the rear window on her Murano caused by a rock thrown by a mower. Dent and scratch is about the size of a quarter. Repairs - fix dent, repaint rear quarter panel, rear door that had the dent, and paint the front door. To get to all the areas the rear bumper has to be removed, all trim for the side of car, and paint front door, rear door, and quarter panel, then reinstall trim inside and out. All because it has metallic paint. Crap!

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Your repair may be far more than you expect. With metallic paint they will probably need to paint the rear quarter panel, and drivers door to blend the paint. My wife has a small rock chip and dent just below the rear window on her Murano caused by a rock thrown by a mower. Dent and scratch is about the size of a quarter. Repairs - fix dent, repaint rear quarter panel, rear door that had the dent, and paint the front door. To get to all the areas the rear bumper has to be removed, all trim for the side of car, and paint front door, rear door, and quarter panel, then reinstall trim inside and out. All because it has metallic paint. Crap!

You might need a new body shop

Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I thought so too. Have four estimates, all came within $100 of each other, all said this is what it takes to repair the damage with no evidence of repair. Other guy's paying so guess I'll get it done as all four shops recommended. Bummer.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Dash cam's have a wide angle lens, they capture more than you would think and might have caught some of the plate or some other means of identifying the jackass that did the hit and run. The footage would also confirm your version of the event to your insurance company. Having a dash cam is insurance against fraud, careless and distracted drivers and the multitudes of lying lowlifes that try to avoid responsibility for their actions. Dash cam footage can be difference between you getting assigned partial liability or the other driver being found 100% at fault, without it it's your word against the other driver. Eye witnesses are not reliable, either. I recommend having a dual channel system with front and rear facing cameras and if you can afford it, a model with a reliable parking mode. This isn't a freedom issue, freedom will not keep miscreants from lying or trying to avoid responsibility.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Work has started;
Photo_37.jpg
Photo.jpg
Photo_39.jpg
Photo_36.jpg
Photo_31.jpg
Photo_32.jpg
Photo_33.jpg
Photo_35.jpg
46fb0613-7d32-4ad4-808d-42a37eb1ead7.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is great they were able to get you in pretty quickly.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Holy fuck....they really took my car apart. The rear 1/4 glass, rear window, the rear bumper, the trunk lid, the rear light, side-view mirror, bottom side molding.....

I'm freaking out over here!!!!

This place was recommended to me by my Cars & Coffee folks, a few of whom own serious exotics.These guys have two shops. One does only high-end and exotics like Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, etc. But my car is clearly on the poor side of the shop, with the Hondas and Mitsus and such.:cwl::cwl:

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This place was recommended to me by my Cars & Coffee folks,
Name of shop? Don't worry the car will come back with european-spec panel gap Detroit can't even conceive of (their ruler doesn't go below 1/4") and the badge mysteriously changed from Ford to Mercedes. And the new paint won't come off with a finger nail.

I cracked up the front right corner of my GT (rotated into a concrete bridge abutment) and after the Chevy dealership (Koons tysons) bodyshop was done with it it looked better than new. Now when I look at the EB side by side, I just wanna cry.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
They did get you in quick. However why do they have to remove those pieces to do the repair?

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't know WTF is going on with me, emotions are not normally a thing for me.

But this car is so nice, I'm starting to be concerned about driving it. The damn drivers in D.C. are so terrible, I'm worried about being rear-ended by one.

I even just called my insurance agent and upped my coverage on the damn car.
Apparently your fears were warranted.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That sucks that there are assholes out there who do shit like that and get away with it...

I realize 99% of people care nothing for Freedom and Liberty. Those are notions loooooong dead in this country.

Anyways, a camera probably wouldn't have helped in this situation.
If you have a 2-channel cam setup, it would have captured the fool coming from behind and would have captured him from the front view as well. You may think it was not enough time to capture images, but when the cam is good and rolling 24/7 as you’re driving, most hi def cams do have a wide enough vision capture - that if you had such a setup, you would have had a license plate and maybe more details of the van.

My insurance company has already decided to cover this under my un-insured motorist coverage. So it won't affect my policy, rates, premiums, etc.
So they say now... wait until you get your policy renewal and then confirm that your rates did not go up at that point or the 6-mo. interval; they’ll find some way to raise your rates and bend you over...
Sponsored