RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
IMO people who hit and run are destined for the lowest levels of hell, it's the most degenerate behavior possible. These are the types of people who don't put their shopping cart back before leaving the grocery store parking lot. They are the members of society who actively destroy it while making excuses the whole way about how everything is someone else's fault.
I agree, Most that run, do so because they 1)riding dirty 2) are under the i. 3) have warrants 4) no lic, no insurance.
Sucks. And why I rather they start enforcing and requiring front plates. Today with dash cams it be easier to nab, these hit and runners if more angles could catch the plate/tag. Be it dash cam's of cctv camera.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I agree, Most that run, do so because they 1)riding dirty 2) are under the i. 3) have warrants 4) no lic, no insurance.
Sucks. And why I rather they start enforcing and requiring front plates. Today with dash cams it be easier to nab, these hit and runners if more angles could catch the plate/tag. Be it dash cam's of cctv camera.
My biggest complaint is the government at all levels seems to have just stopped caring about these people. The penalties, even for being caught multiple times, are basically nothing. So insurance companies, and thus the end users like us who actually pay our bills, are stuck with the problem. I can't stand it

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
My biggest complaint is the government at all levels seems to have just stopped caring about these people. The penalties, even for being caught multiple times, are basically nothing. So insurance companies, and thus the end users like us who actually pay our bills, are stuck with the problem. I can't stand it
Sadly, they can fine them, take their lic. and jack insurance rates for bad drivers to the moon, it won't stop them from driving with no lic. Locking them up , takes a money generating for the system out of play, so they don't want to do that, The courts system is a business, so is highway patrolling.
Yes, that means the rest of us get the shaft, as they have no interest in turning away their best customers. ticket/courts/probation are all "seen" as money making businesses.
No easy answer sadly. Many folks have no moral compass at all.
A person I used to work with hit and ran, her reasoning is, the other persons insurance will cover it so no biggie.
I did later that day dropped a dime. But this is their thinking, no biggie the other guys got insurance.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
First, let me state that I do not condone violence in any way.

But, using the reasoning above when the young lady gets her lights punched out by some one that she has just tagged with her jalopy the there should be no reason to stick around and wait for the EMT's because her insurance will pick it up. Right?

In either instance, i would "snitch" the bastard. A man punching a lady? I will never stand by and watch that happen. I will be on the 5 o'clock news, probably in cuffs, because I triggered (not with a gun) the "man" who would do so

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
We have endlessly increasing insurance here in Ontario. Every government for the past 20 years, at least, has promised to do something about it. The insurance companies cry that they don’t make any money on writing the policies, but every once in awhile someone suggests that the province take over the insurance (as is the case in a couple of other provinces), and the insurers quickly pipe up that they will look into reducing rates (usually achieved by de-contenting coverage). I’ve always been for provincial insurance which you would pay for when you renew your plate. If you want a refund, you have to turn in your plate. Makes it easy for the cops to know who has insurance and who doesn’t.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
OP...which dash camera are you using?
The one in my truck that took the video is an older (5+ years) Lukas LK-7200 model that's no longer made.

My Mustang runs a Qvia QR-790S setup one with front and back cameras.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Things have definitely changed for the worse around here. I once had a hit and run. I was leaving the bar and I saw a late 80s 5.0 Cougar do a burnout and then whip around 180, tires still spinning. He lost it and hit the rear quarter and bumper in my parked '90 F150 I owned at the time. He backed up and took off so fast I was shocked. I saw all this from across the street.

I only caught a couple numbers from the plate, but the local police knew who it was immediately just based on my description of the car. Pretty funny. The police were extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Contrast that to now - my work has excellent cameras that capture information about people swapping plates, driving off the road and over curbs, etc. and the cops don't have the manpower to do anything about it.
Sponsored