Sponsored

Rant: Someone Hit and Run My Car What New Parts Should I Get?

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
96/HR in labor... Why the fuck did I go to engineering school. I needed to start a bodyshop
Rent for shop, utilities for shop (water, electric, gas), paying employees, taxes. That $96/hr is going to disappear quickly.

If this was all side business (I wasn't reading the thread super close), it becomes a better deal for the person doing the work. But since this is an insurance job, I'm going to guess this is an official on the books job.

I've also seen a few videos of guys rebuilding wrecked cars. Holy cow that's a lot of labor. Pulling dents, straightening panels, checking measurements on the frames, sanding, body filler, sanding some more, more body filler, more sanding, priming, sanding, painting, etc.

No thank you. I'll take my cushy desk job over doing that any day of the week. Great skills to have, but I'll just stick to calling insurance when my car gets damaged.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yep, bodywork suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Done enough of that in my past life to know I wanted nothing to do with it as a profession.....

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Rent for shop, utilities for shop (water, electric, gas), paying employees, taxes. That $96/hr is going to disappear quickly.

If this was all side business (I wasn't reading the thread super close), it becomes a better deal for the person doing the work. But since this is an insurance job, I'm going to guess this is an official on the books job.

I've also seen a few videos of guys rebuilding wrecked cars. Holy cow that's a lot of labor. Pulling dents, straightening panels, checking measurements on the frames, sanding, body filler, sanding some more, more body filler, more sanding, priming, sanding, painting, etc.

No thank you. I'll take my cushy desk job over doing that any day of the week. Great skills to have, but I'll just stick to calling insurance when my car gets damaged.
Start an LLC
Take out a loan to rent a space.
Lease the equipment
Hire some guys to do all the work.
And collect the profits lol.

I'd do it myself but I lack the ambition to try haha. Still 96/hr man... Thats got me tempted.

Even with 2 guys at 20 per hour that's some good bank off one car? 5 cars at 10hrs holy shit plus no meetings!

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Got my car back today, after nearly 3 months of it being broken.

Shop did a really good job with the paint match. The Cervini grilles I used insurance money to buy look pretty mean as well.

Sad the car got hit originally but it looks good now and I got an upgraded front end out of it.

3kdpQLi.jpg
Sponsored