Sponsored

Rant: Someone Hit and Run My Car What New Parts Should I Get?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's entirely possible that the person responsible has no idea they damaged your car. To me, it looks like a glancing hit from a large tire. While any damage to our babies is devastating, this is not serious crushing. Look for a truck or SUV with tire damage.
89f9efdbafaf568435652e671ed75608.jpg
I'd think the person that did that is very aware they did it. That made a serious cracking/crunching sound, and stopped the driven vehicle dead in it's tracks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
No security cams in the parking area or to/from into the garage area?
And your car’s color has to be on their car...
I would walk the entire garage and look at every car, if they are lazy and didn't clean it off your bright green paint will be visible still.
No security cameras in the actual floor unfortunately, just the entrance/exit.

No one came forward but I have asked security to review the footage in the 4 hour window it got hit to see if we can find a white vehicle with damage/bright green paint on the right side of it.

The cops are also coming today to canvas the garage for me and look for a white car with damage to the right side/green paint.

Even bigger balls for doing it next to a cop shop. Look at all those police vehicles in the next lot!
People are assholes. Sorry about your car.
Go hunt that bastard down!

LOLOLOL !!! I didn’t event catch THAT in the pics!
Did you walk across the way and create a Police report? Or is the image after you left the garage to report it?
I actually drove to the police station haha. Its 2 minutes down the road from my office. Filed a hit and run report with them after filing an incident report with my building security.

Looking at the direction of scrapes and the fact the splitter got the brunt of it, would lead me to think this happened by someone backing out of the space next to the drivers side. As they cut the turn to sharp and swung the front end toward your car, their tire likely caught the edge of the splitter and forced it downward, breaking all the clips. The upper parts got side swiped. Look for a white car. I see white paint on your green machine.
So I was actually parked on an end spot, to avoid door dings, and backed in as far as possible. Whoever hit me was going WAY to fast around the corner trying to exit the garage and managed to clip the car...

Security is looking for a white car with damage in a 4 hour window exiting the garage on their video.

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I'd absolutely be in the garage with a flashlight looking at EVERY car til I found that lousy MF. Seems like you'd have to be drunk at work to do that much damage during a parking lot mishap. Anyone in your office got a reputation for being an idiotic, stinking drunk?

Really sorry about your car. It pisses me off just looking at it, and I don't even know you. People at work give me no end of grief for seeking out parking spaces that make my car nearly impossible to reach without also hitting a concrete pillar. I should show them your pictures.
It's dumb. I work at a high value tech company so there's a few guys with nice cars and you always see us parking in end spots or in the corners.

Some people here apparently just have no regard for the property of others. It's sad really.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Could have been a delivery car of sorts.. Maybe
Nah. Its a secure, employee only, garage.

It's definitely someone who works at my company.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My wife parks in an underground company garage, and her car got hit so hard that it was knocked entirely out of the parking space. She came out to go home and it was sitting in the aisle! It was in Park with the brake on too. Yes, we drive among blithering morons.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So I was actually parked on an end spot, to avoid door dings, and backed in as far as possible......
....you always see us parking in end spots.....
The end spot is the worst place to park. Trust me on this, I had a 2012 GT that was hit 6 times in my building parking lot, because I kept parking at the end of the row, thinking it was the best way to not get door dings.

6 times, until it dawned on me what I thought was the safest parking spot, was actually the most dangerous.

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
The end spot is the worst place to park. Trust me on this, I had a 2012 GT that was hit 6 times in my building parking lot, because I kept parking at the end of the row, thinking it was the best way to not get door dings.

6 times, until it dawned on me what I thought was the safest parking spot, was actually the most dangerous.
To be fair. I still haven't gotten a door ding hah.

The worst part is I second guessed my self parking there after lunch and I should have gone with my gut...

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Does anyone there drive a truck, 4x4? I didn’t see any paint transfer on to yours, unless that’s not primer I’m seeing. Looks like a tire rubbed across that corner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Does anyone there drive a truck, 4x4? I didn’t see any paint transfer on to yours, unless that’s not primer I’m seeing. Looks like a tire rubbed across that corner.
There is white paint in some parts along where they hit it.

Very small amounts but for sure white paint.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Definitely white or silver paint - or can be seen on corner of the hood over headlight and the headlight itself also shows the same color transfer on the lens.

IF that is an employee only parking area - the employee who did it has to be found - unless it was someone who was canned that same day...

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Definitely white or silver paint - or can be seen on corner of the hood over headlight and the headlight itself also shows the same color transfer on the lens.

IF that is an employee only parking area - the employee who did it has to be found - unless it was someone who was canned that same day...
I walked all 7 floors of the garage and checked every white car I saw today and couldnt find anything that looked like it had my paint on it.

A lot of people work from home on Fridays though (usually me too but had meetings), so I'll look again Monday.

Security is still reviewing the footage and they said they'll let me know Monday.

The cops came half an hour ago and are walking the garage themselves right now.

I really hope I find the person because I'd rather go through their insurance than mine lol.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The security cams at the gate are your best bet for finding the white vehicle.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It's actually very hard to keep a car nice these days. The drivers are more irreverent and discourteous and the roads are more crowded than ever. Darn near impossible to keep a daily driver undamaged throughout the length of an average car payment duration.
Sponsored