Sponsored

Rant: Someone Hit and Run My Car What New Parts Should I Get?

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
It's actually very hard to keep a car nice these days. The drivers are more irreverent and discourteous and the roads are more crowded than ever. Darn near impossible to keep a daily driver undamaged throughout the length of an average car payment duration.
It's insane. I've never been in a car accident but I've had to make 3 claims in the past 7 years because of people hitting my parked cars.

My Golf R that I sold in May this year got hit in March and was 6500 dollars worth of damage.
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Trust us. Someone's ridin' dirty!!!

Doing a perp profile, they're most likely to fit into at least one of the catagories below;

-Female
-Young. Millennial, always on the phone.
-Old. Their eyes are bad, their feet hurt.
-Asian.

The most likely perp is an old, female Asian. They're like moving IEDs, just waiting to go off on someone's car.
Driver-Level-Asian.jpg
Probably was a supercharged but otherwise stock mustang that hit it, after all they become all but uncontrollable with a power adder.

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Update: Car is STILL in the shop, Ford apparently cannot source a bumper.....

Managed to use some insurance money to buy the Cervini upper and lower grilles though, so some good came out of it.

Here's pics lol

yIUP9tk.jpg

ghqbF5E.jpg

Last edited:

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Mine goes in the shop dec 3rd! What was the estimate for the bumper, paint, and stripe? Mines just the bumper didn’t get the hood.

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Mine goes in the shop dec 3rd! What was the estimate for the bumper, paint, and stripe? Mines just the bumper didn’t get the hood.
I'll have to look when I get home. I know the stripe, just the vinyl from Ford, for the hood and bumper was 700 dollars lol.

The total damage was 7600 dollars. I'll get specifics after dinner for you.

Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I'll have to look when I get home. I know the stripe, just the vinyl from Ford, for the hood and bumper was 700 dollars lol.

The total damage was 7600 dollars. I'll get specifics after dinner for you.
Wow! Love the color but I’m just a little bias lol Thanks!

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Update: Car is STILL in the shop, Ford apparently cannot source a bumper.....

Managed to use some insurance money to buy the Cervini upper and lower grilles though, so some good came out of it.

Here's pics lol

yIUP9tk.jpg

ghqbF5E.jpg
The Mad Max look kinda works. It must be killing you to not be able to drive it.

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Here's the estimate from my shop so you can get an idea of things.

juzKzus.png

WgZT1uy.png

6dO4qpx.png

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Yeah, go on a mission.

Go all CSI on the perp. Bring them to justice. No mercy for the hit-n-run ass-hats.

Figure out who did it. They also owe you for diminished value due to the Carfax report.

ETA; the vehicle that hit you has a flat rear, that is tall. The damage spans a large area from top to bottom. The impacting vehicle's rear also starts low to the ground. Might have been something like a lowered, older Civic, because a normal vehicle's bumper is going to miss the splitter entirely, but on your car it was the first thing hit. That's awfully low to the ground.

That's actually very odd damage, like the car hit a wall. Is there a tow-truck company that prowls the parking lot, towing cars that shouldn't be there?
It's likely an entitled asshol in a pickup...

Or a soccer mom on her cell phone

Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Wow thanks for posting!

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
96/HR in labor... Why the fuck did I go to engineering school. I needed to start a bodyshop
Nah. I got a degree in computer science and when I do contract work on the side I usually charge 110/hr.

My buddy is a mechanical engineer and does side work as a professional expert witness and charges an OBSCENE amount of money for his services.

I think you chose right at the end of the day lol. Remember, the tech isn't making that 96/hr in full. The shop has overhead costs too.

Wow thanks for posting!
No problem, I forgot to post it yesterday.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Have you thought about getting the MP Concept GT350 style or Anderson GT500 style bumper? I think both look amazing on the facelift models, way better than the OEM frontend

OP
OP
TheSnowmanMafia

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Have you thought about getting the MP Concept GT350 style or Anderson GT500 style bumper? I think both look amazing on the facelift models, way better than the OEM frontend
I have, MP just released their GT350 bumper for the 18+ cars like 2 weeks ago. I honestly don't think it looks as good as the one for the 15-17s though so I decided against it.

As for the Anderson composites one, it would be well over what insurance is offering to pay for an OEM bumper and my wife is already mad I told the shop I'd cover the extra labor on the Cervinis grilles hah.

I did try to get them to replace the hood instead of repairing it though because I wanted the Cervini Stalker hood. They couldn't get insurance to shell out for a new hood though :(