Hello Carvana, adios Mustang. :(

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I blame this thread for making me go to Carvana to get a quote. Long story short, they dicked me around a bit on the price (seems that I requested a quote more than once and "modified" the criteria, so they lowered their offer) but my higher offer from Vroom scared me after I read reviews online about how they can be very slow to pay and process the deal, so Carvana brought me a check and picked up the car yesterday.

I was a little sad to see it go. :frown: But they paid me more than I paid for the car, new, with tax, tags, fees, etc. Hard to pass that up. And I bought the car largely to use at the track, and those days are probably behind me now.

I am selling a bunch of stuff off of the car, brakes, harness bar & harness, street tires, brake cooling ducts and deflectors... just look for the "for sale" threads under my name (or use the links below) and if you pick it up (don't make me pack it and ship it) and mention this thread, I'll let you have it for half price from what I listed it at. And the listed prices are already well under half of what the stuff costs new. Local pickup only for that discount. I'm in Cary, NC near Raleigh.

If you take it all, then I'll really discount it! LOL

Thanks guys, it's been fun, you are an interesting bunch of folks. :)

All of the stuff came off of a 2020 GT non-PP.

OE tires here.

Spare tire kit.

Harness bar, belts, etc.

Steeda rotors, track pads.

Deflector plate, ducts.

Caliper rebuild kit - just pay me $5 for postage.
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Curious why you decided to sell it

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Curious why you decided to sell it
THEY PAID ME A LOT OF MONEY!

Seriously, I'm a really bad car flipper. I should get therapy.

I bought the car primarily to use for HPDE. My last one (Monday) I didn't enjoy as much as I would like (I'm getting old) and the car went into limp mode on my first session, with a check engine light which I took as an omen (which fortunately reset and it was fine the rest of the day) and I didn't enjoy the car enough to keep it after getting that ridiculous offer.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
THEY PAID ME A LOT OF MONEY!

Seriously, I'm a really bad car flipper. I should get therapy.

I bought the car primarily to use for HPDE. My last one (Monday) I didn't enjoy as much as I would like (I'm getting old) and the car went into limp mode on my first session, with a check engine light which I took as an omen (which fortunately reset and it was fine the rest of the day) and I didn't enjoy the car enough to keep it after getting that ridiculous offer.
That makes perfect sense. I thought "didn't like it enough to keep it" was probably in the list of reasons , add the track experience and other factors, I get it. What's next for you?

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
My offer from last week went up too and I can still make money after 3 years and 22k miles, crazy stuff!

Problem is I can't find anything else I want in the $30k range right now...oh well.

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Tires, harness, rotors are all spoken for.

Spare tire, ducts, deflectors remain available.

I'm thinking of the VW GTI for the replacement. A different way, instead of a mighty V8 RWD it's a little 4-banger FWD, but they are great fun to drive. This would not be my primary daily driver.

Robby5323

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robby
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yep, sold mine direct to Carmax Monday for $2k over what I paid for it in December. 2019 PP1 M6 car. The money and black color was my deciding factor! Just couldn’t keep all that black clean!!!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wow....I could get nearly $30K for my '15 right now. Tempting, considering I paid around $36K for it back in April of 2015....

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of the VW GTI for the replacement.
excellent choice. I put a Stage 1 tune on my '19 GTI Rabbit (cornflower blue, of course) and it just ripped. Hmm, want a couple set of (almost)-NIB GTI wheels and summer tires?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Tires, harness, rotors are all spoken for.

Spare tire, ducts, deflectors remain available.

I'm thinking of the VW GTI for the replacement. A different way, instead of a mighty V8 RWD it's a little 4-banger FWD, but they are great fun to drive. This would not be my primary daily driver.
I had one, I recommend a manual one. The DSG is technically impressive but less fun in my opinion.
Wow....I could get nearly $30K for my '15 right now. Tempting, considering I paid $36K for it back in April of 2015....
Yeah, the prices on Mustangs have gone insane. I don't know if is just low supply + the spring rush for fun cars, or something else. I could sell mine for more than I paid...but I don't want to because there's nothing else in the price range that's as fun in my opinion.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I’m curious with all the Carvana, Vroom, Carmax and the like talk -

I see folks “selling”, but has anyone also sold BUT really traded their car for another car in the same transaction instance from those places? Was the “trade in” evaluation the same amount you would have received IF selling outright? If anyone has traded into one of those places and came out with another car, how did that work out?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
We're at the end of our lease on our DD/RT, and I'm getting ~$8K more than the residual/buy from a Carvana offer. If nothing else, it gave me some ammo for my negotiation with the dealer (for our next vehicle).

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
So I’m curious with all the Carvana, Vroom, Carmax and the like talk -

I see folks “selling”, but has anyone also sold BUT really traded their car for another car in the same transaction instance from those places? Was the “trade in” evaluation the same amount you would have received IF selling outright? If anyone has traded into one of those places and came out with another car, how did that work out?
I have done that once and my son has done it many times. The value you get for your car is at least comparable to what you can get at most dealers. The price you pay for the car you buy is probably a thousand or two higher. But, if you are looking for special cars you can't find at local dealers it's about the best option. Selling your car to Carvana (for example) then buying from somewhere else will cost you thousands in sales tax. $50k - $60k doesn't buy what it used to and that's a lot of sales tax.
Sponsored