Hello Carvana, adios Mustang. :(

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I just ran my 17 GT Coupe Premium with Carvana. Given an offer over 32k. Wow I'm impressed. Car Gurus was 34k. I'm thinking really hard since it's not a daily driver and I don't drive it in winter.
20210410_145909.jpg
Sponsored

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I just ran my 17 GT Coupe Premium with Carvana. Given an offer over 32k. Wow I'm impressed. Car Gurus was 34k. I'm thinking really hard since it's not a daily driver and I don't drive it in winter.

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
Vroom offered me nearly what I paid two years ago. I may have to take their offer due to back problems driving my Mustang.
I sold my 2015 Tacoma to Carvanna for $24886 with 55k on it. I paid about $27K off the lot. I planned to sell it privately for max profit i thought and was planning to list at $22K. So how they are going to sell that truck for profit i dont know.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So how they are going to sell that truck for profit i dont know.
They're burning thru investor capital so no big deal. Profits are so 10 years ago. They'll take a loss of a couple grand but they'll make it up in volume. Now go out there and buy their stock!

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I was going to hold onto my car for another year, but these prices are really making me reconsider. I just spent a bunch of money on wheels and suspension, but I kept all the stock parts so I can return it to stock easily. I guess I can sell the parts too. I love my car, and you guys are right, you can't really buy anything to replace it for a good price. But I have 4 cars, I don't NEED to replace it. And I really have my eye on a C8 when they become easier to find. This might be the time to let it go, focus on my MR2 and Jeep for a year or so, then pick up a C8.

Sponsored

SirSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6mt
Koons and Ted Britt always discount their Mustangs. Even fresh off the transporter, they're thousands off.

But not now.
I just picked mine up from Ted Britt. They were advertising 8k off, and I was able to get an additional 3k off. They yelled at me in the process, and basically told me I’m full of shit I should leave. But in the end they bit, and I still feel like I can’t afford it ;)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They yelled at me in the process, and basically told me I’m full of shit I should leave.
seriously? can you post sticker/MSRP and price of sale before fees/taxes?

SirSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6mt
seriously? can you post sticker/MSRP and price of sale before fees/taxes?
I’ll have to dig it all up later when I get a break from work. The rough cut is

MSRP: $50,xxx
Ford discount:2750
Tess Britt discount 5500

they tried adding 799 processing fee, but I was able to negotiate the Otd price before cash down, and they bit.

let me know if you need help. I made really good friends with the salesperson and finance manager that helped me.

1D03FFC6-BA6B-427E-AAB6-9FD23C1AA28C.jpeg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I just picked mine up from Ted Britt. They were advertising 8k off, and I was able to get an additional 3k off. They yelled at me in the process, and basically told me I’m full of shit I should leave. But in the end they bit, and I still feel like I can’t afford it ;)
Yes, on a 2020.

Up until a week or so ago, 2021s were listed at sticker on their site.

Now they're like $2K off or something around there. The numbers are changing very rapidly right now.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I would actually sell mine to carvana (they want 6k more than what they offered me 6 months ago) but this car is my current and only car so if i decided to buy another one i'd sell high then have to buy high due to covid hiking prices up and it would make no difference.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Just for curiousity's sake I looked at my local dealer website, and they are not discounting 2021 very much, but surprisingly still have a couple of stripper GT 2020 models. Which is what I gave to Carvana.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The guys on the Challenger forum are seeing the same thing. At some point, though, Carvana/Vroom/Carmax are not big enough to dictate the market value and they will get killed on some of these cars as new inventory catches up. If you have multiple vehicles and can sell now, I think you will be able to buy again with big discounts in a few months. Carvana is literally asking more for 2020 Rangers than you can buy a new 21 for.
Sponsored