Sponsored

Hello Carvana, adios Mustang. :(

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Tires, harness, rotors are all spoken for.

Spare tire, ducts, deflectors remain available.

I'm thinking of the VW GTI for the replacement. A different way, instead of a mighty V8 RWD it's a little 4-banger FWD, but they are great fun to drive. This would not be my primary daily driver.
I’ve been hearing a lot lately about carvana paying out ridiculously high prices for cars so last night I plugged in my wife’s 18 vw gti to see what they would offer. My experience with carvana was different than everyone else here I guess. They offered what kbb considers low trade in. I wasn’t impressed. Are there tricks to getting these high offers?
Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I’ve been hearing a lot lately about carvana paying out ridiculously high prices for cars so last night I plugged in my wife’s 18 vw gti to see what they would offer. My experience with carvana was different than everyone else here I guess. They offered what kbb considers low trade in. I wasn’t impressed. Are there tricks to getting these high offers?
You could try Vroom. They offered me 3 or 4k more for my Mustang than Carvana did.
Also where you live plays into the amount offered so you can try plugging in different zipcodes to see how things change.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
my wife’s 18 vw gti to see what they would offer. My experience with carvana was different than everyone else here I guess. They offered what kbb considers low trade in. I wasn’t impressed. Are there tricks to getting these high offers?
GTI aren't hot for starters. and Location, Location, Location. Apparently 50-150 miles makes a big difference.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

It seems to be very make/model specific too, for example, above I mentioned our DD/RT had an offer, I got the same offer for my GT convertible - yet, my car is a '19 (one year newer), with 10,000 less miles and an MSRP that's over $5K more than the DD.

Probably because a convertible is much harder to sell and/or, maybe Mustangs in general, historically for them - and SUVs are a sure thing.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just checked both for mine and Carvana would give me just under 35k. Vroom says just over 41k. That's a huge difference. One thing that Vroom says that I don't like is they can change the offer and pay you 2-3 days after they have it. I know many who have used Carvana with happy results especially getting a check on the spot. I don't know if I'd trust Vroom taking my car without a check only to turn around and say something and give me less.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that Vroom says that I don't like is they can change the offer and pay you 2-3 days after they have it.
and if you don't like their low-ball? do you have a 'no deal, return my car' option? When I dealt with 'autolendersgo' it was a sales contract. My photos and the pickup driver's walk-around and photos was their risk management strategy.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
for people with multiple cars wanting to unload the prices are great, but if you have one car, and need to get a new car, the prices are terrible unless you are buying new afterwards with set msrp.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I sold my Bimmer to Carmax last week - incredibly easy. No stress of private buyers, lowballers, or having to do anything other than sign a few papers on site. They also gave me more than they offered back in September when I bought the Mustang, so that's a win.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
You could try Vroom. They offered me 3 or 4k more for my Mustang than Carvana did.
Also where you live plays into the amount offered so you can try plugging in different zipcodes to see how things change.
Wow I just put the exact same info into vroom and they were 3k higher. I’m going to need to look into this some more. As long as there’s a sales contract at time of pickup to lock in the price I think I’m going to do it.

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
I'm thinking of the VW GTI for the replacement. A different way, instead of a mighty V8 RWD it's a little 4-banger FWD, but they are great fun to drive. This would not be my primary daily driver.
I came from a 2017 Sport, they're comfy, great interior, practical, but soft and it became boring. Mine was tuned as well and as others said it makes such a huge difference, even just a JB4.
If I had to do over again, I would get the R. I still lust after one lol

Sponsored

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Yeah, I'm also very close to selling to Vroom or Carvana.....within 2k of what I paid brand new!

I want to trade in for a Veloster N but those are sold out everywhere. Not sure if I would be able to get another car for at least a year because of this chip shortage and market.

302cui

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt 6sp manual
Yall have me contemplating selling my 16 gt. Nothing out interests me other than my buds type r. Hard to believe its a civic.

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Everything listed in the initial post has been sold (or spoken for) except for the ducts. My thanks to everyone for their help in cleaning out the garage!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Another data point... Paid $34K plus TTF in June 2018 and spent about $5K in mods. Dealer I'm buying the Mach from is giving $32K trade and Vroom offered $32,875. Carmax wouldn't give an online offer, asked me to bring it in for an appraisal but the closest one is 2 hours away. Carvana offered $30,089.
Sponsored

Last edited: