Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm still in awe.

The Carvana quote of near $29,500 for my '15 was a modified value. I ran through it again but selected stock, and the quote was over $32K. Incredible. Now I'm really thinking about this....
Sponsored

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I'm still in awe.

The Carvana quote of near $29,500 for my '15 was a modified value. I ran through it again but selected stock, and the quote was over $32K. Incredible. Now I'm really thinking about this....
Watch out! I tweaked my quote, and they ended up hammering me on the final deal (apparently their "good until..." quote is not) because I "modified the parameters" or some such nonsense.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Watch out! I tweaked my quote, and they ended up hammering me on the final deal (apparently their "good until..." quote is not) because I "modified the parameters" or some such nonsense.
Tweaked?
How so?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I know I updated the mileage and I might have checked the "modified" box once to see what would happen.
Ahhhh
You didn't think those details would effect value? Lol

Used cars are high in value and have been for almost a year now. Some who have posted on this thread are big money trade in value. Demand.....is high for a few reasons.
If you want out ...now is the time.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Either I am doing something wrong, or these offers are highly dependent on area or specific models. My fully loaded, $55k sticker car with 209 miles on it is only getting an offer of $38k. I purchased for about $9k under sticker, so based on what I was reading here I might have been able to make a few dollars. Still waiting to hear from Vroom, but based on the Carvana offer I'm not holding my breath.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's funny some are considering selling their cars because they can get good money for it. Like it's some sort of car-buying bonanza going on, and they can benefit from it.

Go try and find a new or good used car to find right now.

Even my two local gigantic volume Ford dealers that sell Mustangs for thousands and thousands off, are selling them at MSRP right now.

That's right, NO discount.

Sure, you can get good money selling your car, but you're also gonna get butt-raped on buying a replacement.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny some are considering selling their cars because they can get good money for it. Like it's some sort of car-buying bonanza going on, and they can benefit from it.

Even my two local gigantic volume Ford dealers that sell Mustangs for thousands and thousands off, are selling them at MSRP right now.

Sure, you can get good money selling your car, but you're also gonna get butt-raped on buying a replacement.
I am not looking to get a Mustang if I sell this, so I honestly don't care if a new Ecoboost goes for 60K :)

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I highly doubt most those selling are going to get another Mustang. There are plenty of other good new vehicles at good prices right now some with discounts. Just have to shop around.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I am not looking to get a Mustang if I sell this, so I honestly don't care if a new Ecoboost goes for 60K :)
You don't imagine that this phenomenon is just for Mustangs do you? Try to replace it with something fun and popular and you'll hit the same wall.
The housing market is the same way right now. I could sell my home for an outstanding price right now. But it would be nearly impossible to take that money and find something comparable to replace it with.

Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
You don't imagine that this phenomenon is just for Mustangs do you? Try to replace it with something fun and popular and you'll hit the same wall.
The housing market is the same way right now. I could sell my home for an outstanding price right now. But it would be nearly impossible to take that money and find something comparable to replace it with.
Let me write this a little different. I have 2 extra cars so I don't need this one if I can get a good deal on it and next year buy a Hellcat or something like that.
Sorry for the confusion.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I believe there is no discount right now because of the new model year being out. When I purchased in December there were some pretty crazy deals at the local dealers.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me write this a little different. I have 2 extra cars so I don't need this one if I can get a good deal on it and next year buy a Hellcat or something like that.
Sorry for the confusion.
I am in the same position. I've put less than 200 miles on this car in the past 4 months so if I can make a few dollars on it.....

Lol - I am constantly trying to figure out who my family can live with for 6 months to a year so I can sell now and buy something much nicer for the same money next year.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Lol - I am constantly trying to figure out who my family can live with for 6 months to a year so I can sell now and buy something much nicer for the same money next year.
You hope.
I personally think it's going to be a sellers market for quite a while. The price of lumber and materials is through the roof right now and will probably continue to be for the foreseeable future. That's going to keep new home prices up there and make used home prices stay high as well. Are there bargain priced homes, of course. But that's not to say they are true bargains. There's a woman at work trying to sell her downtown Atlanta condo, a VERY hot market right now, at a bargain price. Believe me, you couldn't pay me to take it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I believe there is no discount right now because of the new model year being out. When I purchased in December there were some pretty crazy deals at the local dealers.
Koons and Ted Britt always discount their Mustangs. Even fresh off the transporter, they're thousands off.

But not now.
Sponsored