Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Vehicle Showcase
But isn't the "experience" so much better :giggle:
Haha, Thats why I bought the manual after test driving both though for real. Before I went to the dealership, I thought that I might struggle with the decision but I didn’t at all.
Sponsored

RaceRed_PP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Vehicle Showcase
Well traded my 2015 gt. The last time I went to the track I was unhappy with what I ran.

Got a good deal on a 2020 Gt premium with 10,400 miles.

My 15 was modded and this stocker feels way fast and smoother lol.

20201120_102054.jpg
20201120_122440.jpg
Congrats! Looks great :clap: plans?

OP
OP
therod785

therod785

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP
OP
therod785

therod785

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats! Looks great :clap: plans?
Going to the track tonight see what it runs. I put on my MT ET Street R's to see where am at. DA today will be around 1500-900 during tonight's track hours.

I would like to get this stang into the low 11s.

future plans:
1st thing is nguage with E85 tune. Not sure if lund or Palm Beach.

bear eradispeed disks
stop the hop kit ( dont know what brand yet)

I am also installed my Solo Performance Mach Thunder cat back. Uninstalled it from my 2015, and its a direct install on the 2020. All i have to do is order the tips.

eventually long tubes. not sure on brand yet.

2020.jpg

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Nice, let us know what she runs.

Sponsored

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
To me a manual yes is way more fun than an automatic, why? Because of control, I control the car. I control the revs, I control when I want to shift, if I just want to show off and play with this car I have way more options than an auto! Maybe I just want to hang in a gear and play with the car I can do that, I don't drag race. Sometimes I just want to make the car do exactly what I want. You can preach till the cows come home, but to me a manual is a blast! If it wasn't I too would have got an auto.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Congrats to therod785 on a great purchase. The Mustang looks fabulous. Is the color Race Red ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
To me a manual yes is way more fun than an automatic, why? Because of control, I control the car. I control the revs, I control when I want to shift, if I just want to show off and play with this car I have way more options than an auto! Maybe I just want to hang in a gear and play with the car I can do that, I don't drag race. Sometimes I just want to make the car do exactly what I want. You can preach till the cows come home, but to me a manual is a blast! If it wasn't I too would have got an auto.

The A10 can be “controlled” as well - put it in Trans Mode S and once the user touches a paddle, its on full manual mode. The Trans won’t upshift at all until the Driver touches the paddle again. When in this mode after touching a paddle, yes you can redline it too. Yes you can “show off” in this mode too by “hanging in a gear” just like the MT82. Yes you can manually downshift it too...

So other than “control” - the only thing missing between an MT82 and the A10 is the 3rd pedal.

And the above comes from a consistent manual transmission owner in many Mustangs...

Oh 1 more thing - the MT82 can’t out shift the A10.

Someone pass the potatoes and cold beer for my steak....

:)

OP
OP
therod785

therod785

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice, let us know what she runs.
DA 1200 no weight reduction
Only mod was 17x8 w/ MT et street R

Ran best of 12.4. They didn't print slips due to problems. The only track in my area is horrible.

The dealer filled up my tank with 87 gas. After I told them not to fill it up.

Track prep is terrible. I had trouble with TCS kicking on at 3rd gear shift.

But I still think 12.4 is damn good. Definitely feels faster than my 201t with bolt ons lmao

What E85 tuner should I go with ? Lund VMP or palm beach ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The A10 can be “controlled” as well - put it in Trans Mode S and once the user touches a paddle, its on full manual mode. The Trans won’t upshift at all until the Driver touches the paddle again. When in this mode after touching a paddle, yes you can redline it too. Yes you can “show off” in this mode too by “hanging in a gear” just like the MT82. Yes you can manually downshift it too...
I drive my wife's automatic Kuga in manual mode all the time, but it's still not the same as a real manual. I'll give you that it's a reasonable approximation, but it's still far from the real thing. And that's a six-speed box. I can only imagine how annoying I'd find it if it were a ten-speed one (e.g. the equivalent of a 4-3 downshift in an A6 would actually be something like 8-5 or 8-4 in an A10, so you'd have to press the paddle three or four times). I'm not sure if the gearbox is smart enough to notice that you've pressed it four times and to shift from eigth directly to fourth, or it would do four independent shifts in a row. My wife's A6 doesn't do that, I mean if I press the down button twice while in fifth, it will do a 5-4 shift first, and then a 4-3. I don't know, maybe the A10 in the Mustang is smarter and can jump several gears when you press the paddles quickly more than once?
But still, even if it were that smart, it must be tiring to have to continuously think which gear you should be in, when you can choose from so many that are so close to one another. I'd just leave it in auto and hope for the best.

Last edited:

IconicFiveOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Mustang GT PP1
Been driving for 20 years. I've never owned anything but a manual and bought an 18 GT M6 new. Traded it in for a new 2020 PP1 A10 Premium.

No regrets, this trans is amazing and the drive modes are too. Part of it is the MT82-D4 is meh and the other part is the A10 is just plain faster. Drag mode is awesome and it's as fast and probably faster than my 18 on flex.

If I feel like messing around and controlling shifting how I want it, the paddles are awesome.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I drive my wife's automatic Kuga in manual mode all the time, but it's still not the same as a real manual. I'll give you that it's a reasonable approximation, but it's still far from the real thing. And that's a six-speed box. I can only imagine how annoying I'd find it if it were a ten-speed one (e.g. the equivalent of a 4-3 downshift in an A6 would actually be something like 8-5 or 8-4 in an A10, so you'd have to press the paddle three or four times). I'm not sure if the gearbox is smart enough to notice that you've pressed it four times and to shift from eigth directly to fourth, or it would do four independent shifts in a row. My wife's A6 doesn't do that, I mean if I press the down button twice while in fifth, it will do a 5-4 shift first, and then a 4-3. I don't know, maybe the A10 in the Mustang is smarter and can jump several gears when you press the paddles quickly more than once?
But still, even if it were that smart, it must be tiring to have to continuously think which gear you should be in, when you can choose from so many that are so close to one another. I'd just leave it in auto and hope for the best.
I agree it's a reasonable approximation but definitely not like driving a stick.
The A10 will shift up/down skipping gears in automatic mode for sure. I've definitely down shifted manually 3 or 4 gears and it seems that it was just one shift rather than stepping down but I'll have to check to confirm. You're right though in that if you want to use engine braking you need to drop 3 or 4 for any significant slowing.
Mine stays in auto mode 90% of the time but then I'm in Atlanta traffic 90% of the time and a stick is a huge pita in rush hour traffic. But days when you're enjoying roads like Tail of the Dragon it's a blast to switch to manual and switch between second & 3rd at will.
'13293350-129Slayer.jpg

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
DA 1200 no weight reduction
Only mod was 17x8 w/ MT et street R

Ran best of 12.4. They didn't print slips due to problems. The only track in my area is horrible.

The dealer filled up my tank with 87 gas. After I told them not to fill it up.

Track prep is terrible. I had trouble with TCS kicking on at 3rd gear shift.

But I still think 12.4 is damn good. Definitely feels faster than my 201t with bolt ons lmao

What E85 tuner should I go with ? Lund VMP or palm beach ?
What was the trap speed? Disable advance trac next time. That sucks about the 87, some Boostane would have helped. Regarding the tune, you can't go wrong with either Lund or PBD.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Well you are in control so why are you in 8th gear anyway? Would you manually be in 8th gear if you had it available on your manual? When I’m using the paddles it’s usually because I’m diving in a spirited manner. So in 5th gear and at high RPMs I’m approaching triple digits on the street. With the paddles I guarantee I can do a 5th to 3rd downshift faster than you can and reap the rewards of that change to take a corner.

But to answer your question, yes you can downshift three or four times if you are going from on overdrive level gear to a 4th or fifth quickly and it will read it just fine. The point is with the paddles you ARE in control so you can hold up and above redline if you are in S and if you are also in S+ or Track mode on the drive modes the shifts (especially downshifts) are just south of DSG territory. It’s plenty fun even if your left leg and right arm aren’t getting a workout.
Sponsored