Sponsored

Here's something I didn't know..

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Would the computer need to be active? Seems like the only thing it would need is enough juice to recognize the fob. It already recognizes the fob without being in what would be considered the accessory/ignition position (clutch depressed). Otherwise it'll get juice as soon as it's forced to fire. The ignition wouldn't be necessary if I understand correctly how roll starting works.

I would think if you can get it rolling and force it to start with the clutch that would override any other requirements, including the fob, unless it's got some sort of circuitry that would kill the motor immediately, but forcing it to turn and spark I don't think would be able to be stopped.
Yes the computer needs to be active to operate the injectors and throttle body.
The ignition needs to be in ON mode (press start button without pressing down clutch on manual).
No you need the fob for the engine immobilizers to work which controls the injectors and other stuff. If you can just bump start the car without the key, a lot of mustangs would be stolen.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
so the moral of the story is, carry a power pack.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Or a jump cable?
Got those, but then you're at the mercy of whoever is nearby. Could be a creepy kidnapper that knocks you out when you turn around and drags you to the trunk, then tries to use your skin for a lamp shade.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Got those, but then you're at the mercy of whoever is nearby. Could be a creepy kidnapper that knocks you out when you turn around and drags you to the trunk, then tries to use your skin for a lamp shade.
Good thing the trunk has an emergency escape handle.

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
A few months after buying, my keyfob would not work so I was stranded in a parking lot. Then I Googled the issue and found this info!
Sponsored