Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ford dealerships aren't any better. I've had issues with them as well. I've had issues with Honda dealerships too. Oddly enough, never Toyota.
After 30 yrs of buying new cars every 3 yrs the ONLY dealer that was stand up was the Lincoln my wifes Corsair came from. Going to drive 40 miles to see if they can fix my POS Mach 1.

MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
GM’s dealers are straight up trash. Full stop. Doesn’t matter if it’s service or sales, you’ll have a terrible time either way.
The GM dealer in our town is far and away the best as far as service goes, you can bring them anything and they never try to pull any crap on you and when they say it's fixed, it is.

When I had my 2011 Camaro SS they did the rear end gears for me, and the techs there are car guys through and through, they were actually excited to do the work and when he came back from the drive to be sure all was good he was grinning from ear to ear, said "Man, that thing HOOKS!"

My mother was having the standard "Christmas lights in the dash issue with her Jeep (TIPM normally) I replaced the computer module twice and couldn't get it worked out, so I took it to the Jeep dealer. After about 5 minutes the Jeep tech comes out and says "It's TIPM, I'll need to keep it here for 7 days and it'll be 1400.00 and we will go from there."

I told him "I already swapped two new ones in, that isn't it." He comes back with "Are you a trained tech? That is where we will start and go from there."

I told him to pound sand and took it to the GM dealer, he checked it, came back out about 30 min later and says "it's an issue with the wiring harness behind the dash, I'll have to take the entire dash out and replace it so leave it here tonight and I'll have it ready in the morning, looking at about 800 bucks"

Next day she's running like new and it came in just a tick under 800 dollars. Will never own another Jeep again.

Would have bought another Camaro but the Mustang just looks so much better.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The GM dealer in our town is far and away the best as far as service goes, you can bring them anything and they never try to pull any crap on you and when they say it's fixed, it is.
It's the people, not the brand they may represent. You can't really teach trouble shooting. It's a knack and by far most techs don't have it.

Like doctors, they just follow a series of memorized checklists that granted may lead to >90pct satisfaction. But it's really not any more advanced than call center operator reading from the day's script. 😄

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
After 30 yrs of buying new cars every 3 yrs the ONLY dealer that was stand up was the Lincoln my wifes Corsair came from. Going to drive 40 miles to see if they can fix my POS Mach 1.
On th bright side, it's not a POS Dark Horse. It's more expensive. 😲

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
What's wrong with your POS?

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What's wrong with your POS?
SSM 47812 AT whine. TSB Clunk/knock/noise from right rear when accelerating or braking. TSM Harsh/delayed engagement and shift. Drivetrain vibration between 70-80 MPH (dealer said it was because of the Mach 1 "tight" suspension) WTF. The car was in for 3 days to "re-seat the right rear axle.The dealer will not resolve any of this. Starting the climb the ladder communication/documentation process. PITA, too old anymore. Car was built in the middle of Covid? At least I do not have the BBQ tick (lol, yet)! Looking to trade for a C8. Checked a trade on DH. $77,000. The shine is off my Mach 1.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
SSM 47812 AT whine. TSB Clunk/knock/noise from right rear when accelerating or braking. TSM Harsh/delayed engagement and shift. Drivetrain vibration between 70-80 MPH (dealer said it was because of the Mach 1 "tight" suspension) WTF. The car was in for 3 days to "re-seat the right rear axle.The dealer will not resolve any of this. Starting the climb the ladder communication/documentation process. PITA, too old anymore. Car was built in the middle of Covid? At least I do not have the BBQ tick (lol, yet)! Looking to trade for a C8. Checked a trade on DH. $77,000. The shine is off my Mach 1.
Damn, you got a car built on Friday at 5PM. That sucks man. Have you driven a new BMW M3? - Such a good car.

The C8 is meh to me, but if you like it, go for it.