I didn't know what I didn't know!!

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
Seems like I think I have things figured out, when actually I am short on knowledge on a particular subject! (Seems to happen too often!)
I thought I wouldn't want the pp1 package, just too much $$$ for what you get and it would slow the car down. Well, I was dead wrong. first, these Michelin sport +4 tires stick like glue! Then there are the extra gauges and monitoring sensors. I don't need them (imho at this point!) But love tech stuff! The handling really impresses me. I doubt I will ever drive the car hard enough to surpass it's capabilitys.
My options are a10, pp1, nav system, security system. It drove the msrp to 46125, but the final negotiated price was very good, and I am having a blast driving this car! Life is good! My 06 Gt with a Saleen blower and Tremac 6 speed was a blast, but this 19 is a huge leap forward! And it's faster since the tires hook well and the A10 is so efficient! And it is stock!
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the tires and rims are worth it. Good Tires are so underrated. And I test drove some used higher horsepower blown mustangs and was surprised how quick the A10 was. Funny thing is I loved the car before I discovered the modes. About lost my mind first time I launched in drag mode. It’s a nice Hot Rod.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I haven't driven a non pp1 car but I'd never turn back at this point. The brembos are amazing. The mps4s are great balanced tires too. I experiment with all the nannies off when ever I can find open empty roads and no matter how hard I break them loose or how hard I slide a corner, bringing the car back under control has been extremely easy. Quick disclaimer... I live on the edge of some suburbs so I'm minutes away from the middle of nowhere. I dont do this with others around. It's nice to test the limits of this car though!

SiddVicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
I've had my pp1 for 6 months now and I just figured out how to disable advancetrac this week (holding the traction control button for 5-7 sec)...try it out in sport+ when the roads are empty, it makes the car feel really raw and it is a blast!

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
just too much $$$ for what you get and it would slow the car down
How would a shorter final drive, wider wheels, stickier tires, more cooling, more suspension and chassis stiffening, and better brakes make it slower?

Glad you figured it out though lol.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I have a 17GT and traded it for a 19GT PP1 and there's a nice difference between the two. Mainly I notice the tighter suspension and better handling. When I bought the 17GT I was like you, "I didn't know what I didn't know" and should have gone with the PP1.

teetoppz28

Walking on the dark side
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400a PP1
I thought I wouldn't want the pp1 package, just too much $$$ for what you get and it would slow the car down.
Explain please. I'd really like to know why you would think a "performance" package would slow it down?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I did base with pp1 and added a $450 E85 tune. The pp add on’s could not be replaced (within realm of reason) for the $ after the fact. Been happy as a skunk eating shit out of a broken beer bottle. ;).

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Explain please. I'd really like to know why you would think a "performance" package would slow it down?
For the drag junkies the base non pp1/2 (lighter) setup without all the extra bracing, big brakes, torsen rear is best route. That is the point being made. I personally like the handling/braking as much as the straight line stuff.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gregsdart

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
I thought the extra weight of the rotating mass of both brakes and wheel tire combo would hurt 1/4 mile times. It will have an effect of about twice that of dead weight, but better60 ft times and better recovery on shifts must make up the difference? On my drag car as an example, one pound is worth .001 1/4 mile ET. Times what ever weight pp1 adds, that is significant.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Your question has been answered OP. The extra weight is not desired in drag strip setups. Do NOT know how to be more clear...?

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I do miss the Brembo's. According to the track-apps my 2014 was faster then the 2018.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
I lemoned 18 base and got 19 PP1 both manual. even though pp1 has the 3.73 rears and Michelin PS4, I was quicker with non-pp car (1/8mile). But I love the cornering and braking feel of PP1.
Sponsored