Came Close to Selling, but didn't... here's why

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sure thing! Caught a picture of it in aesthetic lighting a couple weeks ago.
It's a 2000 S2000 (AP1), but has an F22c swapped in (previous owner blew the original engine with a turbo). All kinds of upgrades like Fortune 500 coilovers, 17x9 wheels, intake, high flow cat, headers, etc. Very fun weekend car. Very impractical too haha
IMG_20190809_194658.jpg
Oh my, in white, no less :inlove: Practically is way overrated.​
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zissou

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I have a complete FRPP street handling package new in the boxes along with new hardware package that I am probably going to sell.
Interesting... would you mind PMing me with how much $? And what hardware package?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Look at an Audi S5 also. Awd, Supercharged V6, about $15-20K used, and very easily modded to 11's with E85, tune, exhaust, cai, and pullys if that's your thing. If not it's very quick on it's own. I had the A5 and I did like it but you'll never have the sound or raw power of an American Muscle car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Look at an Audi S5 also. Awd, Supercharged V6, about $15-20K used, and very easily modded to 11's with E85, tune, exhaust, cai, and pullys if that's your thing. If not it's very quick on it's own. I had the A5 and I did like it but you'll never have the sound or raw power of an American Muscle car.
Don't you think an out of warranty Audi is just asking for trouble?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't you think an out of warranty Audi is just asking for trouble?
Yes it is. You have to do your homework on Audi's or anything german in regards to common issues and avoid those years along with anything with an aftermarket tune. They have some tendencies but if you get one below $20k you'll get some good years out of them. Just set aside $2000 for repairs.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes it is. You have to do your homework on Audi's or anything german in regards to common issues and avoid those years along with anything with an aftermarket tune. They have some tendencies but if you get one below $20k you'll get some good years out of them. Just set aside $2000 for repairs.
I'd just suggest getting a Mustang and replacing it when the warranty is up. Or extending the warranty after 3 years, assuming DD status for the car.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just suggest getting a Mustang and replacing it when the warranty is up. Or extending the warranty after 3 years, assuming DD status for the car.
I agree.. There's no comparison in my opinion but he is looking at options. That's another option.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
For fun I just looked my car up on Carvana.

$32,479. Not too bad, more than I was expecting for sure.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Civic Type R:
    • Pros over mustang: Reliable, holds value well, practical AF with 4 doors and a hatch, fuel efficient & cheap to operate, drives very well, it's a red badge Honda.
    • Cons: I sold my Feista ST to escape FWD, lacks features like heated seats (and AC seats!), looks are UGLY AS PHUCK!!!, exhaust sound will always be lacking

I had to fix your quote for you...

OP
OP
Zissou

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Oh man that is mighty fresh!
It was fun to own, but gone since '15 (replaced by my '16 GT convertible, which was just replaced by my '19 GT convertible!)

It's definitely more of a "weekend car", small, a bit rough around the edges, not much room, it's like a go-kart :) It's really a pure execution of a roadster, the design still looks modern. Mine had a few nice mods, wheels/tires/suspension, some OEM aero, a nice Amuse Titanium exhaust, some other nice odds and ends.

I posted it and it sold the __same__day__, not surprised is was a mint 2007 with under 20K miles.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a heart to heart with a good friend that is notorious for changing cars. His recommendation was to write down a list of everything I wanted a car to do.
Now THAT is a good friend!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Better tires def in the plan. Same with suspension upgrades now that I'm keeping this car.

Is the FRPP Street Pack basically the same as the OEM performance package (minus wheels and tires of course)? If so I figure I'd scoop up some of the OEM performance pack parts from other guys on here upgrading and piece it together with the rest of the FRPP kit a la carte. Either way, it having Ford's stamp on it gives me piece of mind.

Another route I've looked at taking is having Steeda throw together a similar package. From what I've read round these parts they make great stuff.

I'd love to keep 8/10 to 9/10 of the ride quality, so sounds like either of these routes are the way to go.
Happy to help with that suspension package when you are ready :)

TJ
Sponsored