Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper VS. Twin screw dyno!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I think your idea is great but how about if the car makes 370 more hp....you have to give the blower to Hellion and then they can sell it to someone....lets make it a win / win situation!
I see where you’re going with this!

All or nothing. Following this thinking then, how about Hellion buys and pays for both if it makes less than the 370 difference and I pay for both if it does make more than the 370. A true all or nothing! Winner keeps the supercharger to sell... that’s a much bigger proposition for sure!

With my original proposal, I originally thought about taking the supercharger out of the equation cost wise, but your idea is an all or nothing proposition.

My original offer stands. But hey, I’m open to other suggestions!

If completed, in the end, I end up with a top notch Hellion twin turbo set up!!!
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Impressive Hellion. I love the SS kit!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Ok. I’ll tell you what.

I will purchase both the supercharger and turbo kit. You or a shop can do the install of the supercharger and turbos. We will do a dyno with tuning on the blower. Then, remove the blower and install the turbo. I’ll pay for the blower regardless. But if the turbo doesn’t make the 370 whp more, I get it and the installation free. If it does, I’ll gladly pay for the kit and installation! I’d like the top mount with the upgraded turbos if that’s possible. It will be a true no changes comparison. I’m in Ontario but would bring the car to the states to do it.

For me, the initial cash outlay would be like 25 k. Fortunately, I have the means to do it. But, I stand to get the turbos free and then would sell the blower “used”. So when everything is said and done, I would (hopefully) have a twin turbo for the cost of installing a supercharger and the amount of difference between a new and used only once blower.

Honestly, I’m game if you are! In the end, I would end up with a twin turbo beast for a fraction of the cost!

Of course, if the car did make the 370 whp difference, well, I’d be ecstatic! I’d still sell the blower but the turbo would end up costing me the cost of the turbo, installation and the cost of the blower installation and depreciation. But I would end up with a car making 370 more whp than a blower car.

Did I miss anything or does this sound fair?

Honestly. PM your thoughts. We both stand to win!!! I’m sure over the winter there will shops (Beef maybe? Lidio of whom I completely trust). I was reatly going to do the install myself, but I have more to gain this way.

Again. Not trying to be a goof, but just proposing a business deal.

I know your stuff and reputation and both are excellent! Your products are top notch, systems I would spend my money on for sure. If you were a different turbo company, I would not make this proposition at all as I wouldn’t be interested in putting them on my car.

What do you think?

There’s lots of reasons this may not work out. But there’s also lots of reasons it could!
Thats awesome. The max power dont give a fuck how kit.
Now who do we trust to do impartial and transparent installs?...
I vote beefcake.
Both lund tune? Or pbd or both or?
Sell tickets and then we can all fly in and take over the shop for 4 days.
I order the keg and brisket.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Heard nothing but great things about Beef. I have dealt with Lidio from Alternative Auto since he opened his shop in the early 90s (but haven’t dealt with him for some time). Lidio is a straight shooter that I would trust to be impartial (unless MANY things have changed over the years). Hoping this pans out really... fair proposition. Either way, I end up with a Hellion twin turbo system. Let the numbers fall where they may. As far as tuning, I’m Lund now and know they know their stuff. Hellion has lots to lose as well, so they need their say on who they want tuning the turbos as well. In the original post, it’s a “max effort” blower and tune and they used the base turbos in the street sleeper kit. I would want the upgraded turbos in the top mount kit, which, to my knowledge, should allow for even greater power potential. So right away, the Hellions should have an advantage making more than the 370 difference of the original comparison. I believe the blower compared was a TVS gen 3 (correct me if I’m wrong).

Gotta request real Canadian beer in that keg!

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Heard nothing but great things about Beef. I have dealt with Lidio from Alternative Auto since he opened his shop in the early 90s (but haven’t dealt with him for some time). Lidio is a straight shooter that I would trust to be impartial (unless MANY things have changed over the years). Hoping this pans out really... fair proposition. Either way, I end up with a Hellion twin turbo system. Let the numbers fall where they may. As far as tuning, I’m Lund now and know they know their stuff. Hellion has lots to lose as well, so they need their say on who they want tuning the turbos as well. In the original post, it’s a “max effort” blower and tune and they used the base turbos in the street sleeper kit. I would want the upgraded turbos in the top mount kit, which, to my knowledge, should allow for even greater power potential. So right away, the Hellions should have an advantage making more than the 370 difference of the original comparison. I believe the blower compared was a TVS gen 3 (correct me if I’m wrong).

Gotta request real Canadian beer in that keg!
I thought you were kidding at first but it seems like you're serious lol. Good luck with this one...

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I don't know about all this arguing...

Can we all just agree that this car was likely a total blast either way...
But 1,200 ponies is just awesome, no matter how it was made! :)

Thats all I got.
Erik Radzins

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
From my experience at high elevation, the corrected numbers can be achieved at sea level if the system is capable of doing it. But, the big difference is the boost numbers showing those corrected numbers. 17#s at this elevation, the car most likely made in the mid 900rwhp range. I have also noticed to make the same actual horsepower at 5000', we need about 3-4 more pounds of boost. So, if 800rwhp actual at 5000' elevation is 15#s, then at sea level it would be 11-12#s of boost. I noticed from the graph, the correction was 26% for the twin system. I am curious if the Supercharger system was the same exact 26%. If the SC graph was say 20-22%, that is a big difference in the comparison numbers to consider.

zsh8me2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are both pressures taken after being cooled?

I assume that the turbo pressure is taken after the air to air cooler (pressure is reduced after being cooled)

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT White Platinum
I love a good debate, even though I could not dispute anyone's position. I would, however love to be there for the event... I would buy a ticket for $50 and spend a few days wherever to see the outcome of this challenge. Let me know when tickets go on sale!

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Why are people debating the accuracy of the dyno figures when the exact same car was strapped down to the exact same dyno at the same shop?

If the numbers were inflated due to the location of the shop, they would be inflated on both the before and after dyno numbers, so the power increase would still be accurate.

I must admit 370whp is a lot of bananas to gain, but at higher HP levels (1000+whp) a big increase in efficiency is going to yield bigger returns. Not impossible to think the turbo kit is 30% up on power over the twin screw IMO.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Why are people debating the accuracy of the dyno figures when the exact same car was strapped down to the exact same dyno at the same shop?

If the numbers were inflated due to the location of the shop, they would be inflated on both the before and after dyno numbers, so the power increase would still be accurate.

I must admit 370whp is a lot of bananas to gain, but at higher HP levels (1000+whp) a big increase in efficiency is going to yield bigger returns. Not impossible to think the turbo kit is 30% up on power over the twin screw IMO.

The argument is that the correction factor used benefits the turbo application over the twin screw. For the results to be accurate the correction factor should be removed.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The argument is that the correction factor used benefits the turbo application over the twin screw. For the results to be accurate the correction factor should be removed.

I see. So with the correction factor removed, what is the net power gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.