Sponsored

My 2018 Hellion Street Sleeper dyno results....

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I know you have the base turbos but what about the other options? I'm interested in what a cheaper level kit can do reliably. It doesn't take much to push this kit to almost $10,000.
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I know you have the base turbos but what about the other options? I'm interested in what a cheaper level kit can do reliably. It doesn't take much to push this kit to almost $10,000.
With stock headers that $10,000 is a hard pill to swallow. Give me all the upgrades and I will pay $8500 at this moment.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
With stock headers that $10,000 is a hard pill to swallow. Give me all the upgrades and I will pay $8500 at this moment.
I was pretty excited about the base price until I started configuring the kit. If I knew the base kit could SAFELY make high six hundreds low seven hundreds it would jump to the top of my list.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I was pretty excited about the base price until I started configuring the kit. If I knew the base kit could SAFELY make high six hundreds low seven hundreds it would jump to the top of my list.
Yea, cast wheel and journal bearings. UGH. Not for me. But, I am just glad we have multiple boost options for our cars.

OP
OP
arieso94z28

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You guys, mine is the very base kit. I wanted bigger injectors for a fuel system later on and the cut outs. Delete those 2 items and thats it, just the basic kit you get. I didnt upgrade anything on the kit. Its the cast wheel and journal bearing turbos.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
You guys, mine is the very base kit. I wanted bigger injectors for a fuel system later on and the cut outs. Delete those 2 items and thats it, just the basic kit you get. I didnt upgrade anything on the kit. Its the cast wheel and journal bearing turbos.
Oh I understand. I have NEVER ran journal bearings always ball bearings. Ball bearings last longer,can take heat and are recommended on High HP. Cast wheel. I have never done that either. For me the billet upgrade and BB is making me stack money. I watch so many people go cheap on boost and it in the end usually is more money.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm glad to see this is a "base" kit. I Iove seeing all the wild builds but this is what I can actually get and what I want to see results for. Thanks for posting up results. I didn't think choosing a power adder would be so difficult. So many good choices.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Rofl at these comments.

ALL turbos in the history of turbos have had cast compressor wheels until as recently as 10 years ago.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cast wheels and journal bearings.

I have owned journal bearing turbos that lasted 200k miles running 20+ psi every day for years on end.

They are up selling you guys big time on a lot of this crap.

The BASE kit will make over 800 wheel hp safely with ease.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Rofl at these comments.

ALL turbos in the history of turbos have had cast compressor wheels until as recently as 10 years ago.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cast wheels and journal bearings.

I have owned journal bearing turbos that lasted 200k miles running 20+ psi every day for years on end.

They are up selling you guys big time on a lot of this crap.

The BASE kit will make over 800 wheel hp safely with ease.
I guess they changed 10 years ago to up sell everybody. :crazy: yea that fuel injection thingy was an up sell as well. Cars ran just great without it. Yea I agree some of these comments. :lipssealed:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I guess they changed 10 years ago to up sell everybody. :crazy: yea that fuel injection thingy was an up sell as well. Cars ran just great without it. Yea I agree some of these comments. :lipssealed:
Huh? Pure conjecture and opinion.

It’s your money, waste it how you please!

Reactions: GT2

Sponsored

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
This kit is great and a game changer for the market imo. Yeah i wish they made shorty manifolds but stock should be fine and makes the ease of install a breeze imo looking at all the components. I just received my kit and will be installing next week and can post some more details then. Opted for the CEA precision 6266 turbos with billet wheels and journal bearing with the blackout appearance package. These turbos are beautiful...

dV2GFP.jpg

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
This kit is great and a game changer for the market imo. Yeah i wish they made shorty manifolds but stock should be fine and makes the ease of install a breeze imo looking at all the components. I just received my kit and will be installing next week and can post some more details then. Opted for the CEA precision 6266 turbos with billet wheels and journal bearing with the blackout appearance package. These turbos are beautiful...

dV2GFP.jpg
Awesome! Moar hi res pics!

Would like to see the intercooler and oil pump/sump set up.

Congrats!

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Huh? Pure conjecture and opinion.

It’s your money, waste it how you please!
pretty sure I have blocked whoever you're replying to. Nut huggers can be pretty senseless.

You're right about cast turbos. Billet is better, but most people actually won't need it at all.
Sponsored