Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper VS. Twin screw dyno!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,

Wanted to share a quite amazing dyno graph from early this week. We had a customer who contacted us stating that he wanted to remove his max effort twin screw supercharger. He was having issues throwing belts and locking up pulleys and wanted to go twin turbo and eliminate those problems. His 2016 GT had a sleeved MMR engine so its built for power. Upon switching combinations it picked up over 370 HP at the same boost!!!!!!!!!!

The first graph is the Street Sleeper vs. the twin screw, the second graph is a beginning pull of the Street sleeper. Notice how it made over 900 rwhp on only 8.3 PSI!!

Before you look at any other power adders make sure you check out our new Hellion Street Sleeper kit! Don't spend hard earned money twice!

Team Hellion
blower vs. TT.png
Street Sleeper 8 psi.png
Sponsored

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Very nice!!!!

Take12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base A6
Can’t wait for mine to come in! Great results.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
What size turbo's were installed on this build?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
very nice

Sponsored

OP
OP
HELLION TURBO

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What size turbo's were installed on this build?

Hello.

This car had the base 62mm units we send in the base kit for $6395.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
First off, not calling BS.

However, I’m trying to understand how on the same boost - 8.3 psi, the twins made 370 more horsepower!! That is a HUGE difference! Did I read that correctly though, same boost!?

8.3 PSI is still 8.3 PSI. Even factoring in HP loss due to driving the supercharger and perhaps a little higher IATs (unknown though), I don’t see how that much of a gain is possible, at the same boost pressure. Unless their were other changes of course.

I do understand hp losses driving the supercharger and belt slip etc, efficiency... I just think 370 is really high for the same boost level.

If even half of the 370 difference, that would still be amazing at the same boost level!

So, I’m thinking that there were more changes or his supercharger was broke or the belt was actually just spinning and not really turning the supercharger very hard.

Make me a believer!! My winter project is FI.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo

However, I’m trying to understand how on the same boost - 8.3 psi, the twins made 370 more horsepower!! That is a HUGE difference! Did I read that correctly though, same boost!?

8.3 PSI is still 8.3 PSI. Even factoring in HP loss due to driving the supercharger and perhaps a little higher IATs (unknown though), I don’t see how that much of a gain is possible, at the same boost pressure. Unless their were other changes of course.

I do understand hp losses driving the supercharger and belt slip etc, efficiency... I just think 370 is really high for the same boost level.

If even half of the 370 difference, that would still be amazing at the same boost level!

So, I’m thinking that there were more changes or his supercharger was broke or the belt was actually just spinning and not really turning the supercharger very hard.

I am with this guy. These #s are just Yuge!! Us Mustang guys are not all idiots. Please stop this madness. Should I pull my JT Vortech for the sleeper kit? Absolutely. But please stop with the exaggeration. It is a insult to us guys. We went through this on another thread and now here we are again.

Take12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Base A6
The boost for the comparison run was 16.04 vs 16.96.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP

The same boost pressure does not equal the same power output. You're forgetting volume. You can have 8 PSI at 100 CFM and 8 PSI at 1000 CFM and you're going to get a LOT more power from the latter.

Example: small 4 banger turbocharged engine, two separate turbos. Stock turbo might make 200HP at 20psi, but you upgrade and get 400HP at 15PSI with a larger turbo.

Sponsored

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was a VMP gen 3 blower. I saw the car in person. No exaggeration. More volume equals more power, plain and simple.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Hello.

This car had the base 62mm units we send in the base kit for $6395.

Thanks for the quick reply.

But your telling me the base no name 62's made 1291hp @17# of boost? LMAO!

So this car is going to go 165-170 @ 4000lbs in the 1/4 @ 17#. Yeah right!

You know better than that. C'mon Guys, Your giving guys false hope in what your trying to sell.

You need to get that Dyno fixed!

Even with a pair of 6466 @17# would barely crack a 1000-1050rwhp. But at 25-27# it would be close to the 1291rwhp.

I think you have a great kit with a lot of potential. With the right turbos

Team Hellion
blower vs. TT.png

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
From what it looks like, the SAME boost level is the 16 psi level that Hellion is speaking of that was a difference of 370 HP which is believable. The last graph was the 8.3 psi of boost that made 900 HP.............That's my take on the opening thread.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.