Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Huh? Say what? Who says its the "most stable" kit on the market?

That comment is pretty laughable. By what measure? What makes it "the most stable"? What makes other kits not as stable? By what definition?
Ok calm down. Everybody is going to have different opinions here. After multiple boosted setups on many different applications ( 5 on 2 GTs ) this is my opinion. I highlighted the most important part of my post for you. :flag:
Sponsored

Hyper771987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Do you have any pictures you can post or have a thread somewhere that shows the turbo and filter placement?

I've thought for the Low Hp numbers (mid 700's) I'm going for and the amount of driving I do, Turbos would be too much of a pain but it might not be as troublesome as I imagine.
I run the filters as well, and they sit about 3 inches about the body line of the car, if water gets above that then you have already made multiple bad calls for finding yourself in that position.

From my experience this is a pretty simple kit but I wouldn’t recommend it for those without tools or mechanical experience. If you are a weekend warrior then just get a Centrifugal blower.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I've built turbo cars before and I'd consider myself a pretty advanced home gamer, I just haven't dealt with low mount turbos. I'm not worried about deep water but being caught in rain storms is something that happens regularly and I can't just pull over and wait it out.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I've built turbo cars before and I'd consider myself a pretty advanced home gamer, I just haven't dealt with low mount turbos. I'm not worried about deep water but being caught in rain storms is something that happens regularly and I can't just pull over and wait it out.
I have LPF mid mount kit. I've driven the car without filters since I've gotten the kit put on back in November. Close to 3-4k miles on the kit with no problems of water getting sucked in.
Many of the guys with the LPF kits daily drive theirs as well with no problems.
Some run K&N filters and then put the K&N rain covers on them I believe. You gotta think the water has to first get sucked into the turbo, through the piping, up through the intercooler and then into the intake. If it's raining just don't go into boost and use your best judgement when going through deeper puddles! To flood the turbos the water pretty much has to be coming into the cabin of the car. By then you've made multiple mistakes lol

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
With the sleeper kit the filters are positioned well above the bottom of the car. I don't think water is an issue. I actually think any means of forced induction is a waste if you don't race the car on the track. For a car that sees a lot of street duty I would do a Paxton.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
With the sleeper kit the filters are positioned well above the bottom of the car. I don't think water is an issue. I actually think any means of forced induction is a waste if you don't race the car on the track. For a car that sees a lot of street duty I would do a Paxton.
Paxton isn't as stable as a Procharger.

See what I did there?

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Procharger is much more stable. The paxton gets unstable on the big end after passing the procharged cars.
Not sure you saw what I did there....it's ok though.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I have LPF mid mount kit. I've driven the car without filters since I've gotten the kit put on back in November. Close to 3-4k miles on the kit with no problems of water getting sucked in.
Many of the guys with the LPF kits daily drive theirs as well with no problems.
Some run K&N filters and then put the K&N rain covers on them I believe. You gotta think the water has to first get sucked into the turbo, through the piping, up through the intercooler and then into the intake. If it's raining just don't go into boost and use your best judgement when going through deeper puddles! To flood the turbos the water pretty much has to be coming into the cabin of the car. By then you've made multiple mistakes lol
Agreed. I am taking my pre filters off in the morning. The Sleeper lit does angle the turbos up a bit more than the LPF. The passenger side filter was always a pita. The Hellion is still close. Kinda miss my LPF kit with no oil collection tank to deal with.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Most of this depends on what your goals are. I got my kit through @LethalPerformance and they helped me with the options to make sure the kit would reach my goals.

The base turbos are are fine. The BB upgrade for me would be a must. I happened to have two 6466 precision’s so I opted to use them. Wish I had screamer covers lol but it still whistles.

I am using the standard drivers side “truck” header. I’m not shooting for 1k hp so no need for upgraded manifolds for me. My goals are only 725-750rwhp

I went with the 95 DSW injectors because I have e85 in the area and may want to switch later on. Running stock pump with a JMS boost a pump

I would highly recommend the Palm Beach Dyno custom tune w/ngauge option. Rob has my car running and shifting like factory. This was done remotely on the street making pulls and flashing updates I received from him usually within the same day. The longest part of the process was me getting a clear day out to grab a good log. I believe they offer packages now as well so you can shoot them a message as well.

Any other questions I’d be happy to answer the best I can.
Thanks for everything brother!