Sponsored

Hellion street sleeper ?s

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would be content with 650 to 700 whp does that mean i could get away with the standard package and be content? For turbo longevity is it better to invest early in one of the branded turbos or is going to the 62 bb sufficient for my goals?
Hello.

Thank you for considering our product.

Our base model turbos will easily meet your needs and will supply easily over 1000 rwhp if you ever decide to turn it up. We have amazing longevity and results with these turbos as well as our our upgraded units. Either way you will be happy. :rockon: Just let us know how we can help!

Team Hellion
Sponsored

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Hello.

Thank you for considering our product.

Our base model turbos will easily meet your needs and will supply easily over 1000 rwhp if you ever decide to turn it up. We have amazing longevity and results with these turbos as well as our our upgraded units. Either way you will be happy. :rockon: Just let us know how we can help!

Team Hellion
So, help me out here. I go to your site, I order the base kit and the black out package. Will this include everything needed to install the kit on a stock 19"? Does it have something to install the tune or is the additional 1 to 1.7k for the tune/nguage/injectors required? And the manifold is required as well? If you go with the header set does that standard tune still work or will a custom term be required?

Hyper771987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have a 2019 and threw the sleeper kit on it while it still had about 700 miles on it.

I went with the stock headers and base turbos with the BB option. On e85 @14psi it’s pushing 918 to the wheel. On 93 @9 it’s sitting at around 650.

I highly recommend the kit. The only thing I would do different would be to not lower the car. If you lower it be careful, that oil collector box will rub on uneven spots or your trailer if it’s not properly angled. I would also recommend you get some exhaust v-band gaskets For your downpipe connection, I had to do this to stop some small leaks.

I went with a GFB boost controller and it does the job, but I’m currently looking into switching to CO2. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I have a 2019 and threw the sleeper kit on it while it still had about 700 miles on it.

I went with the stock headers and base turbos with the BB option. On e85 @14psi it’s pushing 918 to the wheel. On 93 @9 it’s sitting at around 650.

I highly recommend the kit. The only thing I would do different would be to not lower the car. If you lower it be careful, that oil collector box will rub on uneven spots or your trailer if it’s not properly angled. I would also recommend you get some exhaust v-band gaskets For your downpipe connection, I had to do this to stop some small leaks.

I went with a GFB boost controller and it does the job, but I’m currently looking into switching to CO2. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
This is my biggest fear with this Sleeper kit. Love the Screamer covers and I also installed bigger A/R housing. Base kit comes with .68 I purchased .96 A/R. The collection tank for the oiling of turbos does bother me. I keep raising my coil overs to keep any road debris from hitting it. IMO if this tank gets knocked out for whatever reason oil will be on your rear tires and hopefully you are not at a high speed. If I ever hit something I will pull over ASAP to make sure oil is returning back to engine. The Sleeper performs positives and negatives on every kit.

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is the tank even needed? Can't you bypass that with having the mechanical scavenger pump?

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
You guys with the street sleeper kit aren't afraid of sucking water up in heavy rain? I don't see how a filter under the car wouldn't get wet and suck water in.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
You guys with the street sleeper kit aren't afraid of sucking water up in heavy rain? I don't see how a filter under the car wouldn't get wet and suck water in.
I use Pre Filters. Any mid mount has this issue not Sleeper kit

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Is the tank even needed? Can't you bypass that with having the mechanical scavenger pump?
The turbos need to drain. They drain with gravity into the tank. The Sleeper kit has a mechanical pump.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I use Pre Filters. Any mid mount has this issue not Sleeper kit
Do you have any pictures you can post or have a thread somewhere that shows the turbo and filter placement?

I've thought for the Low Hp numbers (mid 700's) I'm going for and the amount of driving I do, Turbos would be too much of a pain but it might not be as troublesome as I imagine.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any pictures you can post or have a thread somewhere that shows the turbo and filter placement?

I've though for the Low Hp numbers (mid 700's) I'm going for and the amount of driving I do, Turbos would be too much of a pain but it might not be as troublesome as I imagine.
If you are looking for stability. Go all motor and around 500 whp.

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
500hp is for Baby momma's
Well baby momma car will be faster when yours is on jack stands. If all motor is not enough I would go with a Roush blower. Most stable kit on the market for S/Cd.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well baby momma car will be faster when yours is on jack stands. If all motor is not enough I would go with a Roush blower. Most stable kit on the market for S/Cd.
Interesting, what makes the Roush blower more "stable" than a VMP TVS or Whipple blower?

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now

Huh? Say what? Who says its the "most stable" kit on the market?

That comment is pretty laughable. By what measure? What makes it "the most stable"? What makes other kits not as stable? By what definition?
Sponsored