Header opinions

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
LTH brand long tube headers with Ecof high flow cats are on my 16 GT350. The titan finish is amazing, fitment was great, and along with a Borla Atak catback, it sounds wicked
Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I have ARH on both my GT and GT350 and if I had a 3rd S550 it would get ARH too. Iā€™ve used kooks in the past on a couple C6 Z06ā€™s and like them as well.

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
After listening to probably every gt350 header vid on youtube, I think ARH sounds the best. I went with stainless works only because I needed them and there was an 8 week lead time on ARH. I donā€™t like the sound of Kooks on these cars. Makes the voodoo sound like a coyote imo.
SW was very good fitment. Bolts were easy to get too to tighten on the head. And not as good as ARH, they still keep the unique sound of the voodoo motor.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Pardon my ignorance, but I would appreciate a brief education regarding after-market long tube headersā€¦back pre-1983 the Mustang had exhaust manifolds, 1983 brought factory headers (I understand this part so far), now owners are upgrading to long tube headers, what is the advantage, do LTHs extend the even-flow exhaust before the ā€˜turbulenceā€™ of the remaining exhaust system? Thank you.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
ā€¦is there any speculation on why they donā€™t switch to long headers at the factory?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
ā€¦is there any speculation on why they donā€™t switch to long headers at the factory?
Iā€™m going to guess that they didnā€™t install LTHs at the factory because of the increased decibels that are associate with them.

Sponsored

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Iā€™m going to guess that they didnā€™t install LTHs at the factory because of the increased decibels that are associate with them.
How much does the sound increase with LT headers, assuming you had to assign a % to it? Is there a lot more sound drone in the vehicle cabin and/or does the actual sound of the vehicle degrade from having them? (i've heard mentions that LTHs add raspiness to the engine sound).

Eventually I want to go the supercharged route so i'd imagine i'd need headers anyway to keep the exhaust from bottle necking? Someone correct me if im wrong, still learning.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wanna wake her up ? 2" primaries and a true 3" exhaust front to back.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How much does the sound increase with LT headers, assuming you had to assign a % to it? Is there a lot more sound drone in the vehicle cabin and/or does the actual sound of the vehicle degrade from having them? (i've heard mentions that LTHs add raspiness to the engine sound).

Eventually I want to go the supercharged route so i'd imagine i'd need headers anyway to keep the exhaust from bottle necking? Someone correct me if im wrong, still learning.
My setup; Ultimate Headers catted LTHs, x-pipe and Steeda axle back is about a 40% sound increase on a cold start. Normal cruising below 3K rpm is about a 25% increase. Anything above 3K and itā€™s about a 50% increase.

Note: Keep in mind, you can control the level of loudness to a degree by running cats and quieter mufflers and still flow very well. In this video, I cycle through the active exhaust modes (back when I had LTHs, x-pipe and factory active exhaust). I thought the car sounded best in quiet mode. When I switch through the modes you can clearly hear how much louder it gets.

Youā€™re on the right track in thinking that then more air you take in, the more air you should be looking to expel. This is done via a free flowing exhaust (i.e. LTHs with high flowing cats a good mid pipe and mufflers). A good exhaust will complement your supercharger quite nicely.

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My setup; Ultimate Headers catted LTHs, x-pipe and Steeda axle back is about a 40% sound increase on a cold start. Normal cruising below 3K rpm is about a 25% increase. Anything above 3K and itā€™s about a 50% increase.

Note: Keep in mind, you can control the level of loudness to a degree by running cats and quieter mufflers and still flow very well. In this video, I cycle through the active exhaust modes (back when I had LTHs, x-pipe and factory active exhaust). I thought the car sounded best in quiet mode. When I switch through the modes you can clearly hear how much louder it gets.

Youā€™re on the right track in thinking that then more air you take in, the more air you should be looking to expel. This is done via a free flowing exhaust (i.e. LTHs with high flowing cats a good mid pipe and mufflers). A good exhaust will complement your supercharger quite nicely.
Appreciate the feedback man.

Let's say I don't have active exhaust on the vehicle, so there's only 1 sound option -- loud. Would headers ruin the enjoyment of a daily driver do you think? Do people also run superchargers without upgrading the headers? I have a Roush catback exhaust with X pipe. I'm not sure if this alone would be enough for a supercharger, if I hypothetically didn't upgrade the headers?
Sponsored