Sponsored

No Stripe opinions

What was the biggest motivator for leaving the stripes off?

• Plan to do your own decals later.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Stripes just don't look good.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • The black roof made the stripes unnecessary.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Didn't like the factory stripes or color options.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Think stripes make the car look a little too "race-boy".

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Want the car to stand out less.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I dont think it looks like a rental car.

But, I just asked my wife and sister and they think it looks like a V6.

just sayin
Usually the V6 cars are the ones with stripes from what I've seen.

I wanted low profile was my main reason. I do like stripes, but I don't want the extra attention.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So its not another Shelby. Stripe it yourself.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Get rid of that snake on the hood ASAP!
Can't . . . too many people like it. You would not believe the extra positive response I get from that. I guess it's something you need to see in person.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Stripes or no stripes was the hardest decision i made on this car. Ultimately i went with no stripes as i find the factory stripes a little too thin for my taste, also i felt it made the car a little too flashy, I also hate waxing a car that has vinyl stripes on it and how the wax/dirt builds up on the edge, lastly i figured if i got stripes and i removed them down the road if i got tired of them the car has the possibility of having two different shades of paint as under the stripes would not have faded at the same right, conversely if down the road i decide i want them i can always add them on.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
In my opinion without the stripes it looks like a mustang rent a car.
And with them it puts it right in the league of 1000's of v6 mustangs, Dodge Darts, Chargers, Challengers, Neon's etc. Literally every compliment has been "wow that looks better without the stripes for sure."

I was lucky enough to see a 2015 in dib with black stripes, the stripe quality wasn't that great and left no question that it was vinyl and the scratches in them sealed the deal. The matte stripes on the R definitely look better but an R isn't on my financial radar.

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Why does my car have red pin stripe ?? Non R I got it this way from the dealer and get a lot of comps Shawdow with white / red was going to remove them but the started to grow on me :D

image_zpsjgeyehyc.jpg

OP
OP
thehygienist

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
The biggest motivator for me was the race-boy, hot-wheels feeling I get from this car with stripes. It's such a bad-ass body design that adding stripes feels dated. Cool back in the 60's no doubt, but I grew out of it. The next motivator was to be under the radar for various reasons ranging from generally unwanted attention to unwanted theft/carjacking attention, and unwanted law enforcement attention. I didn't even want the wing, it's too big, but a lower profile was not an option.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I was going to get magnetic with a black stripe but I just cant deal with that white pin stripe. I changed my order to straight magnetic, no stripe. If I decide to add a stripe it will probably be the matte black with red pinstripe like the R. That is the best looking one imo.

Another guy here ripped off his black OTT stripe and added the R stripe, looks awesome.
GT350_052216.jpg

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Why does my car have red pin stripe ?? Non R I got it this way from the dealer and get a lot of comps Shawdow with white / red was going to remove them but the started to grow on me :D

image_zpsjgeyehyc.jpg
Thats to funny, a rare car for sure ! U never know prolly 1 of 1 , could be worth millions in 50 yrs.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
stripe guy grabbed the wrong package of stripes. I'd keep it unless you hate it. Be best if you had photos of it being wrong at the dealer so people don't assume you did it after the fact.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Why does my car have red pin stripe ?? Non R I got it this way from the dealer and get a lot of comps Shawdow with white / red was going to remove them but the started to grow on me
Noticed that when I saw it in another thread. I thought it looked awfully red instead of black. Factory screw up, but a good one IMO

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Noticed that when I saw it in another thread. I thought it looked awfully red instead of black. Factory screw up, but a good one IMO
*crosses finger for factory screw up on blue otts*
Sponsored