Header opinions

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here’s a cold start video from last week after about 6 months of down time. Listen at the end how it significantly drops in sound as the video ends.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Appreciate the feedback man.

Let's say I don't have active exhaust on the vehicle, so there's only 1 sound option -- loud. Would headers ruin the enjoyment of a daily driver do you think? Do people also run superchargers without upgrading the headers? I have a Roush catback exhaust with X pipe. I'm not sure if this alone would be enough for a supercharger, if I hypothetically didn't upgrade the headers?
Not at all. I can hold a normal conversation inside of my car without yelling. I can also hear the stereo very well. Most of the time while on the street, you’re going to be cruising at or near the speed limit and the sound will be very tame under 3K rpm. I drove my car from Kansas City to Florida (over 1300 miles) and not once did I feel like they were too much or annoying at all.

Yes people run superchargers without headers and make very good power.

If you added catted LTHs and kept your x-pipe and axle back, you would essentially have the same combination that I have.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@MurphGT, where in Florida are you located? I live in Parrish. If you’re close enough, I’d be happy to take you for a ride in mine, so that you can experience it in person.

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
@MurphGT, where in Florida are you located? I live in Parrish. If you’re close enough, I’d be happy to take you for a ride in mine, so that you can experience it in person.
Over in clearwater. It seems you're just a tad bit SE. Not too bad of a drive, maybe an hour max. might take you up on that one weekend

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
Appears Ultimate Headers doesn't make a GT350 application. You guys do realize this is the 350 section right?

I've only ever heard a 350 with a full catless ARH system and it was WAY too much for me.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I’m going to guess that they didn’t install LTHs at the factory because of the increased decibels that are associate with them.
It comes down to packaging and emissions. Long tube headers put the cats too far away from the cylinder head which means the cats don't light off soon enough on startup and they won't pass federal emissions standards that way.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It comes down to packaging and emissions. Long tube headers put the cats too far away from the cylinder head which means the cats don't light off soon enough on startup and they won't pass federal emissions standards that way.
What you’re saying makes sense, but didn’t Lund’s cars pass emissions testing with LTHs in place when the EPA conducted an audit on their facility?
Sponsored