GT350R Valuations Declining?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just purchased a new 2018 350 GTR from Beach Ford, Virginia Beach, VA for $6140 under MSPR. Didn't have to negotiate as that was the price listed on their website. Thought it was a typo or some kind of bait and switch but it wasn't. Shadow Black with no Electronic package. Price before T&L was $59500. Shipping via closed container was $1850 to California. Car should arrive by the end of the week. Already received my owner's supplement from Ford Performance. While on vacation in Hawaii last year the car rental agency upgraded my rental to an Mustang GT and I've been hooked ever since. Been monitoring the prices for the GTR and was hoping to pick one up for MSRP. In my humble opinion the best time to purchase a car is year end. Can't wait to take a spin down the coast on Highway One.
Congrats - let’s not perpetuate calling these cars GTRs ;0. Hopefully you purchased a GT350R.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just purchased a new 2018 GT350R from Beach Ford, Virginia Beach, VA for $6140 under MSPR. Didn't have to negotiate as that was the price listed on their website. Thought it was a typo or some kind of bait and switch but it wasn't. Shadow Black with no Electronic package. Price before T&L was $59500. Shipping via closed container was $1850 to California. Car should arrive by the end of the week. Already received my owner's supplement from Ford Performance. While on vacation in Hawaii last year the car rental agency upgraded my rental to an Mustang GT and I've been hooked ever since. Been monitoring the prices for the GTR and was hoping to pick one up for MSRP. In my humble opinion the best time to purchase a car is year end. Can't wait to take a spin down the coast on Highway One.
What is the chassis number? It is above the glove box and should say "JRxxx". No electronics package? You got a base R under MSRP? Wow.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Just purchased a new 2018 GT350R from Beach Ford, Virginia Beach, VA for $6140 under MSPR. Didn't have to negotiate as that was the price listed on their website. Thought it was a typo or some kind of bait and switch but it wasn't. Shadow Black with no Electronic package. Price before T&L was $59500. Shipping via closed container was $1850 to California. Car should arrive by the end of the week. Already received my owner's supplement from Ford Performance. While on vacation in Hawaii last year the car rental agency upgraded my rental to an Mustang GT and I've been hooked ever since. Been monitoring the prices for the GTR and was hoping to pick one up for MSRP. In my humble opinion the best time to purchase a car is year end. Can't wait to take a spin down the coast on Highway One.
So is this a Base R? If so, not many of those. Congrats!

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
What is the chassis number? It is above the glove box and should say "JRxxx". No electronics package? You got a base R under MSRP? Wow.
The car is still in transit from Virginia. I did receive my Owner's Supplement gift and the certificate stated JR394.
20190124_074112 (1).jpg

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I didn't think they made any Non electronics package R's in 2018? Looks like I'm wrong.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Congrats to ltcolton - you may have just bought the last base R model ever built. During the four year model run that allowed base cars (15 - 18), there were just 135 of them built. I believe that white, followed by black, were the most popular color choices throughout the run. Due to the federal law requiring back-up cameras in all cars starting May 1, 2018, Ford started requiring the electronics package on all R models as of that date. Your window sticker indicates that it was invoiced to the dealership on 4/11/18, which means it was built sometime in the middle of April. Not sure if they built any base cars after yours, but surely something worth looking into further - check with PP0001 for more info.

And welcome to the base model club - mine (JR265) was built in late March and is magnetic with matte black stripes and body-color roof.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
Please post pics of it for us. Very awesome man.
Picture of it on the transport at the dealership. Had the salesperson take pictures of the car being loaded. My Audi R8 GT is the same color Black with red brake calipers. I 'll take a picture of both of them together
IMG_36361.jpg
and will post.

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Came across a 16' Base "R" this a.m. on eBay. Interesting car as it was put into storage after purchase. 16 miles on the clock. If your looking for a low production car this would be one to consider.

There was also another 16" "R" on eBay and it was a PP016 chassis. This brings to mind the question, are these PP--- # cars included in the final tally of produced cars? For instance there are 145 Base "R" cars built total. If there were 6 of these PP--- cars sold out to the public are they part of the 145? Might be a Harry question!!

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Came across a 16' Base "R" this a.m. on eBay. Interesting car as it was put into storage after purchase. 16 miles on the clock. If your looking for a low production car this would be one to consider.

There was also another 16" "R" on eBay and it was a PP016 chassis. This brings to mind the question, are these PP--- # cars included in the final tally of produced cars? For instance there are 145 Base "R" cars built total. If there were 6 of these PP--- cars sold out to the public are they part of the 145? Might be a Harry question!!
I believe the PP vehicles count. Harry said its more like 120 something in actual circulation as opposed to 135 base. And I know of one that is no longer with us.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
That was a steal and a mistake. Good for you. I had a very difficult time getting JR357 down to MSRP.

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Made it home to California safe and sound. Will have to wait for a sunny day to take this "Beast" out to the coast. Spin out the tires on my damp driveway.
20190131_112547.jpg
Beautiful car! I have the same ...2016 black no stripe but with the electronics package. They look awesome when clean but can be tough to keep clean. Congrats and enjoy!
Sponsored