Sponsored

GT350R Valuations Declining?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
The FPC engine has actually enjoyed a longer production life than the Road Runner or Trinity engines. Plenty of good things about the Trinity engine from my experience.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Many of us can speculate as to why production of the FPC engine has come to a halt but in any event the Romeo engine plant has not been assembling this engine for a number of months now which indicates to me that the 2019MY will be the last year for the GT350/R based on this particular engine design.

As far as the GT500 coming with a FPC engine personally I do not see that happening.

:wink:
So all 2019 GT350/R engines are built even before vehicle production has begun? Is that so the builders can shift focus to the GT500 engines?

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Harry do you have any speculation of the thinking that Ford may have as to how many VooDoo engines they would produce for warranty issues as time marches on. I have looked (very little) into the ability to purchase a 5.2 crate engine just to have one with not to much success. Thanks

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry do you have any speculation of the thinking that Ford may have as to how many VooDoo engines they would produce for warranty issues as time marches on. I have looked (very little) into the ability to purchase a 5.2 crate engine just to have one with not to much success. Thanks
I really have no idea as to what inventory the Romeo plant will maintain for any warranty issues but it is my understanding that Ford Performance can presently sell you a FPC short block but if you want a long block you would have to work directly with a Ford dealership parts department of your choice.

:)

Sponsored

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
These cars, at the end of the day are quite likely to follow the same path of other “ semi limited production” reasonably accesible brands such as Porsche where there are decades of pricing data that is tracked quite closely by PCA and there are a fair amount of similarities.
Bottom line is that all the 350 class cars probly go through a somewhat steady decline for about ten years, then they level off and begin some appreciation from there. Lots of this driven by very well maintained, lower miles examples without alteration. Most others will simply lump into “used car” class.
These are not realy rare such as GT3’s, GT2’s, etc., and little is connected to stock market activity unless we revisit 2008-2009......not likely.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Woah, loving these stories man....
Something that a lot of people would probably never understand. It’s really “not just a car”
Great stories, hoping to tell mine in the future. It begins with THIS, hearing you guys, getting info, experiences, working hard to save money... it actually motivates me, if I wake up and feel lazy about investigating something that might help my projects and careers I kick myself saying “this is not how you get a GT350R... and a mclaren in the far future”
I also really enjoy hearing these cool stories such as how JR265 came about for @Muligan and was very happy and excited for him that he was able to get an R model exactly the way that he wanted in spite of some challenging last minute obstacles with myself experiencing a somewhat similar situation.

During the summer of 2017 I had heard some rumblings about the Base R's going away sometime later in 2018 therefore as soon as the order banks opened up that summer I ordered a Base R on August 9th, 2017 and felt quite comfortable that I would be in good shape in order to receive my car exactly the way that I had ordered it.

It wasn't until February 14th, 2018 at which time I was advised by my dealer that all R models had to be built with the Electronics Package based on Job 2 which was initiated by Ford in mid December 2017 which mandated that all R models built after that time had to come with option 67S (Electronics Package). My Base model order had caused a compatibility error in CONCEPS on Valentines Day therefore I was told that either I take an R with the Electronics Package or I would get no car at all.

Needless to say I was not impressed and quickly made a couple of phone calls after which time I was able to get my order pushed through as a Base model prior to the May 1st, 2018 deadline.

Without some tremendous help from some great people at my Ford dealership, Dearborn and Oakville this would not have happened and I can't thank the Ford Team enough for helping me through this interesting process.

As far as a future value for my R model I am not concerned with that issue in the least and just so happy to have this car in my possession based on exactly the car that I wanted along with all of the interesting stories and events that have already transpired over the last 8 months.

From a very happy old car guy who really loves Mustangs!

:like::like:
JR157-2.jpg

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I almost ordered my R in that color combo! Went with the flat black stripes instead.
8214BFA0-4668-41C4-8361-F938A79BF540.jpeg

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I really have no idea as to what inventory the Romeo plant will maintain for any warranty issues but it is my understanding that Ford Performance can presently sell you a FPC short block but if you want a long block you would have to work directly with a Ford dealership parts department of your choice.

:)

As I read this thread, I was having the same thought about the availability of warranty replacement engines in the future, especially when you consider they all have long powertrain warranties, not to mention those of us with Ford 8 year extended warranties!

There have been other engines discontinued in the past, what happened to warranty claims on those?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Great to hear that you will be getting a 2019 R model sometime in the Spring or early summer.

With Romeo engine plant and the niche line deciding to cease assembly for the 5.2 FPC a number of months ago I would suggest that the 2019MY will be the last production year for GT350/R and would also suggest that total production numbers for the GT350's and especially the R model may be quite low based on a short window of production for 2019.

If I wasn't retiring and starting to slow down I would certainly have taken a serious look at buying a 2019 R based on what I feel will be the last model year for the GT350/R's as we presently know them.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I bought my first GT350 in July of 2016, 2016 GT350 Technology Pack car. It was the only one I could find near me without a huge ADM. At the time they were bringing pretty large ones. I didn’t know anything about the limits of the Tech Pack cars. I bought the car and immediately fell in love. The sound, the style, the sound, the pure enjoyment while driving, and lastly, did I mention the sound??? So I was going to upgrade the transmission in the car and add the coolers for the transmission and rear diff. That would have cost me about 5-6 grand plus my time. So I was about to pull the trigger on the parts order when Tom posted about an allocation for an 18R. I inquired, he gave me the hookup! I had never driven an R but from reading and talking to people about it, I knew I wanted one. After receiving it, I Know I made the right decision. I absolutely love the car. It’s absolutely awesome! Put that along with the experience that came with the order and build and I can’t even begin to describe the connection to this car... I know I sound nuts... can’t help it. Then to top it off, this car, with no resonators factory, sounds even better than the regular 350! Never would have thought that could happen. So like I said, it’s priceless to me. So long as I’m never forced to by some messed up situation, this car will be with me forever!
This is my las hurrah with retirement coming as well. I had a 16 Tech pack car that I paid less then MSRP for. I ordered an odd combination with Red with the blue stripes. I changed the pin stripes to white and i loved the car so much so, I changed the trans and added a diff cooler. After that was completed, I was talking to a friend at Ford and told him how happy I was with the car and stated, the only regret was not getting an R. To my delight and my wifes horror, he said, "We can fix that" . To make her at least neutral to the idea, I sold my 16 350 and my GT500C based race car as well. What did you notice when going from the GT350 to the R model?

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
This is my las hurrah with retirement coming as well. I had a 16 Tech pack car that I paid less then MSRP for. I ordered an odd combination with Red with the blue stripes. I changed the pin stripes to white and i loved the car so much so, I changed the trans and added a diff cooler. After that was completed, I was talking to a friend at Ford and told him how happy I was with the car and stated, the only regret was not getting an R. To my delight and my wifes horror, he said, "We can fix that" . To make her at least neutral to the idea, I sold my 16 350 and my GT500C based race car as well. What did you notice when going from the GT350 to the R model?
First the sound, then the fact that no rock is safe from these sticky tires! I haven’t gotten to drive it much, only 360 miles so far. I notice it feels “lighter”, and seems to rev faster. Probably a lot less than I think but I’m sure it’s there due to lighter weight and less rotating mass from the wheels. The seats are much less comfy than my A/C seats in the Tech Pack but it’s okay, they have a job to do. To me it feels more raw than the Tech car too. I can’t wait for spring to get it out and drive it more. What did you notice?
D0C9FC34-A04D-4127-95B6-59CF16B8B3DD.jpeg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
First the sound, then the fact that no rock is safe from these sticky tires! I haven’t gotten to drive it much, only 360 miles so far. I notice it feels “lighter”, and seems to rev faster. Probably a lot less than I think but I’m sure it’s there due to lighter weight and less rotating mass from the wheels. The seats are much less comfy than my A/C seats in the Tech Pack but it’s okay, they have a job to do. To me it feels more raw than the Tech car too. I can’t wait for spring to get it out and drive it more. What did you notice?
I dont have it yet, its a 19

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
D0C9FC34-A04D-4127-95B6-59CF16B8B3DD.jpeg
Hey, you're wearing my hat!

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Harry your car looks outstanding! Congrats & what a story to go along with it.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
As I read this thread, I was having the same thought about the availability of warranty replacement engines in the future, especially when you consider they all have long powertrain warranties, not to mention those of us with Ford 8 year extended warranties!

There have been other engines discontinued in the past, what happened to warranty claims on those?
So does anyone in the know, know what happens with warranty work/replacements for engines no longer being made? Do they then repair them at the dealer level?
Sponsored