Sponsored

GT350R Valuations Declining?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This is my las hurrah with retirement coming as well. I had a 16 Tech pack car that I paid less then MSRP for. I ordered an odd combination with Red with the blue stripes. I changed the pin stripes to white and i loved the car so much so, I changed the trans and added a diff cooler. After that was completed, I was talking to a friend at Ford and told him how happy I was with the car and stated, the only regret was not getting an R. To my delight and my wifes horror, he said, "We can fix that" . To make her at least neutral to the idea, I sold my 16 350 and my GT500C based race car as well. What did you notice when going from the GT350 to the R model?
Tim, terrific news on a new R!

Was your color combination on your 2016 Tech Pack the same as this RR 2015 Tech Pack car and if so I absolutely love this color combination?

Each to their own but I think it is a very cool color combination with this car being #80 and was a Ford exec car that I drove back from N.C. for a friend after he bought #79 & #80 and then stored them for a time with me until he sold both of them to another great friend of mine in Georgia. Car #80 (RR) has ~13,000 miles on it and a lot of fun to drive and #79 (TY) has about the same miles. Both are 1 of 1 color combinations.

With respect to the difference between the GT350 and an R what I found after driving them back to back at Sebring in October 2015 was that the aural sound of the R was much louder due to no resonators (what a great sound at 5000 RPM & up to 8250 RPM) and also noticed a big difference in grip and suspension as I could carry a lot more speed heading and deeper into corners and exited with more speed due to stickier tires and slightly larger CF wheels. Of course the CF wheels eliminating ~60# of unsprung weight certainly has to help a little as well.

When putting my cars side by side I would suggest that the R model sits ~3/4" lower with the spring rates on the R being ~25% stiffer than a GT350.

Also with my preference of owning a Base R there are 9 or 10 delete items that I don't miss on the Electronics Package R and of course each to their own on what we want and don't want in a car.

Two different cars IMO but both very enjoyable cars to drive especially at speed.

Good luck with your 2019 R purchase and suggest that there will not be many R's produced for this coming model year but just pure speculation on my part based mostly on a very short production window.

:clap:
DSCF1563.JPG
DSCF1565.JPG
DSCF1575.JPG
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes, that would be the same combination. As you can see, the white stripes make it a bit different. It was posted in 16 here and people hated the car LOL. i Didn't care one bit. The R will be blue with white ott stripes so reverse of the my 16
Shelby 2 (2).jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yes, that would be the same combination. As you can see, the white stripes make it a bit different. It was posted in 16 here and people hated the car LOL. i Didn't care one bit. The R will be blue with white ott stripes so reverse of the my 16
Shelby 2 (2).jpg
Which Blue will you be going with on your R as there are 3 Blue colors this year?

:sunglasses:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Velocity Blue

BTW, the reason I chose the colors on my 16 was because of the car you posted

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Velocity Blue

BTW, the reason I chose the colors on my 16 was because of the car you posted
Just my opinion but Velocity Blue is my favorite Blue of the 3 for 2019 and with the White OTT stripes and Red pinstripe it is going to look very cool.

I have always liked Red and Black cars and when I saw the 2015 RR with Blue OTT stripes I thought that color combination was great.

Certainly a few more options on the 2019 R than in previous years so will be interesting to see a highly optioned R when they come out later this year.

Looking forward to seeing a picture of your R on here in the near future!

:wink:

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Just my opinion but Velocity Blue is my favorite Blue of the 3 for 2019 and with the White OTT stripes and Red pinstripe it is going to look very cool.
The option I am leaning towards is the performance blue with no stripes. I have not seen the color yet on a Mustang (just a Raptor) and it looks awesome :) Velocity is brighter and works nicely if you are into brighter blues.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
So does anyone in the know, know what happens with warranty work/replacements for engines no longer being made? Do they then repair them at the dealer level?
I had warranty claim for a car which was no longer made years back; manufacturer will still make parts for engine/drive train years after cars are no longer made. If complete engine is no longer available, they will split it apart and fix it as per warranty obligation... parts are not an issue, finding a shop to do it right is the issue...

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
People are going to laugh when the GT500 comes out.

The GT350 + FI (esp a centri since they love rpm) will be a better car and for less money.

After this long of a wait Ford better make the GT500 something extra special a TVS 5.2 engine and a few whoopdie do gimmics wont do it. That car is bordering on a BUST unless its truely incredible.

The Voodoo engine alone is worth the price of admission in the GT350s IMO.
The Voodoo with FI is a grenade on wheels. Show me a GT350 FI with more than 15,000 miles.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
The Voodoo with FI is a grenade on wheels. Show me a GT350 FI with more than 15,000 miles.
LOL OK.

How about you bust open google or bookface and talk to all the people who have a FI GT350

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Explain your reasoning........

And before you say because of the crank, do note that Coyotes have had quite a few blown cranks using a particular type of blower way more than the Voodoo has. Way way more.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I hope so cause I'm wanting to buy a GT350R in Grabber Blue.

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
Just purchased a new 2018 GT350R from Beach Ford, Virginia Beach, VA for $6140 under MSPR. Didn't have to negotiate as that was the price listed on their website. Thought it was a typo or some kind of bait and switch but it wasn't. Shadow Black with no Electronic package. Price before T&L was $59500. Shipping via closed container was $1850 to California. Car should arrive by the end of the week. Already received my owner's supplement from Ford Performance. While on vacation in Hawaii last year the car rental agency upgraded my rental to an Mustang GT and I've been hooked ever since. Been monitoring the prices for the GTR and was hoping to pick one up for MSRP. In my humble opinion the best time to purchase a car is year end. Can't wait to take a spin down the coast on Highway One.

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Shelby 2 (2).jpg

And what's funny is that people get fascinated by my car when they see it. Here or otherwise. :cwl:
Sponsored