Sponsored

GT350R Valuations Declining?

drgoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a gt350r up for sale first $64k takes it. Not declining sales; but I am looking to live it quickly. I need the space!
Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I figure they’ll stop making the R since they’re starting with the 500 run. Then prices will actually go up.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My 2018 R is not for sale. Regardless of what the “market” says. I didn’t buy it to worry about what it could be worth. To me, it’s priceless, I ordered it, Thank You Tom, watched it be built, can’t say how, waited for it to arrive, and then took my 16 GT350 to Florida to trade it on my R. It’s been an awesome journey and all of those things make this the most special car I’ve ever owned.... regardless of value or build numbers. I will own this car until I die unless something terrible happens....

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
My 2018 R is not for sale. Regardless of what the “market” says. I didn’t buy it to worry about what it could be worth. To me, it’s priceless, I ordered it, Thank You Tom, watched it be built, can’t say how, waited for it to arrive, and then took my 16 GT350 to Florida to trade it on my R. It’s been an awesome journey and all of those things make this the most special car I’ve ever owned.... regardless of value or build numbers. I will own this car until I die unless something terrible happens....
This. Very similar story for me. My son loves this car so unless something bad happens, one day he’ll have it.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
People are going to laugh when the GT500 comes out.

The GT350 + FI (esp a centri since they love rpm) will be a better car and for less money.

After this long of a wait Ford better make the GT500 something extra special a TVS 5.2 engine and a few whoopdie do gimmics wont do it. That car is bordering on a BUST unless its truely incredible.

The Voodoo engine alone is worth the price of admission in the GT350s IMO.
I agree with the last statement and that's why I decided on a 19R vs a GT500. That being said, no one will be laughing at the GT500

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
Wow man, one of the most inspiring value finding paragraphs (instead of finding reassurance on books, auctions, etc prices) That’s the way to go, would love to hear, if possible, how you went by. From a GT350 to an R, was it that good? You test drove it and bam, had to have it? Did you put the electronics package and other comforts?

“So, is the R declining in value?” Nope, it’s priceless :-)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree with the last statement and that's why I decided on a 19R vs a GT500. That being said, no one will be laughing at the GT500
Great to hear that you will be getting a 2019 R model sometime in the Spring or early summer.

With Romeo engine plant and the niche line deciding to cease assembly for the 5.2 FPC a number of months ago I would suggest that the 2019MY will be the last production year for GT350/R and would also suggest that total production numbers for the GT350's and especially the R model may be quite low based on a short window of production for 2019.

If I wasn't retiring and starting to slow down I would certainly have taken a serious look at buying a 2019 R based on what I feel will be the last model year for the GT350/R's as we presently know them.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
Great to hear that you will be getting a 2019 R model sometime in the Spring or early summer.

With Romeo engine plant and the niche line deciding to cease assembly for the 5.2 FPC a number of months ago I would suggest that the 2019MY will be the last production year for GT350/R and would also suggest that total production numbers for the GT350's and especially the R model may be quite low based on a short window of production for 2019.

If I wasn't retiring and starting to slow down I would certainly have taken a serious look at buying a 2019 R based on what I feel will be the last model year for the GT350/R's as we presently know them.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Why is the plant assembly is ceasing production of that engine? Isn’t it like a marvel of technology? Couldn’t it be pushed further and further? Makes me wonder, is the GT500 engine also flat plane?

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Wow man, one of the most inspiring value finding paragraphs (instead of finding reassurance on books, auctions, etc prices) That’s the way to go, would love to hear, if possible, how you went by. From a GT350 to an R, was it that good? You test drove it and bam, had to have it? Did you put the electronics package and other comforts?

“So, is the R declining in value?” Nope, it’s priceless :-)
I bought my first GT350 in July of 2016, 2016 GT350 Technology Pack car. It was the only one I could find near me without a huge ADM. At the time they were bringing pretty large ones. I didn’t know anything about the limits of the Tech Pack cars. I bought the car and immediately fell in love. The sound, the style, the sound, the pure enjoyment while driving, and lastly, did I mention the sound??? So I was going to upgrade the transmission in the car and add the coolers for the transmission and rear diff. That would have cost me about 5-6 grand plus my time. So I was about to pull the trigger on the parts order when Tom posted about an allocation for an 18R. I inquired, he gave me the hookup! I had never driven an R but from reading and talking to people about it, I knew I wanted one. After receiving it, I Know I made the right decision. I absolutely love the car. It’s absolutely awesome! Put that along with the experience that came with the order and build and I can’t even begin to describe the connection to this car... I know I sound nuts... can’t help it. Then to top it off, this car, with no resonators factory, sounds even better than the regular 350! Never would have thought that could happen. So like I said, it’s priceless to me. So long as I’m never forced to by some messed up situation, this car will be with me forever!

Sponsored

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
You don’t sound nuts, you sound legit.
Thanks for the share

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I have to chime in with my story, which is almost the same as Voodoo 6G's.

I wanted a base R since they were announced, but the crazy ADMs in the early year(s) kept me away. Just when I was about to buy something else in late '16, I came across a great deal below MSRP on a '17 non-R, so I pulled the trigger. I didn't give up looking for a decent deal on a base R, though, but the window was closing due to the federal mandate for backup cameras that meant the base R was going away at the end of April '18. Just after I decided my '17 was a keeper, Tomster came through with an allocation at a huge Florida dealership that said they'd be able to switch the specs of the order to a base model - and at a very reasonable and low ADM. A couple phone calls and my deposit was in and a trade-in value for the '17 was set.

Before the car was built, it hit a huge snag - it was flagged by Ford as on "compatibility hold," meaning it was set to be built after the cut-off date and, as such, the order wouldn't conform to applicable federal law. In other words, it wasn't going to get built - at least not without the electronics package. At this stage, the dealership and I sprung into action. With the help of PP0001 (and all his contacts and friends in Dearborn), the strength of a powerhouse dealership pulling in favors with their zone rep and his counterparts at Ford, and my pleas that made it all the way up to Mark Schaller (Mustang Brand Manager at Ford), a waiver was issued and my car was released for production. Within days, I had a VIN and a blend date and knew this was going to be reality.

Then, as the blend date approached, our unnamed friend in Flat Rock confirmed that he was able to get approval for my car to be flagged as a VIP build! He then followed it through the process, keeping me informed along the way and provided pics after it rolled off the line. Once it was done, I was able to track it all the way to Florida, loaded up my '17, and enjoyed a road trip from northern Illinois to Florida with a good friend. While there, I made a bunch of new friends and had a great dinner with Tomster and the lovely Mrs. Tomster.

In the end, not only was I lucky enough to swap one GT350 for another, but the new one is exactly what I'd wanted since seeing the same color package at the Chicago Auto Show back in Feb '16 and one of just 135 base R models (and one of only 13 Magnetic versions built during the four model years that the base configuration was available). So, rather than just a new car, I have great documentation and stories to go with it.... in fact, to me at least, it already has a great provenance.

So yeah, are the overall prices a bit less than they were back in the heyday of sky rocketing ADMs and bidding wars? Sure. Just the same, I'd probably take a hit on it if I sold it today. But, none of that matters. For me, this is more than just a car. It's the challenge of the hunt, anxiety over whether it'll be built, appreciation for the extra attention it received on the line, amazement at the level of access I had through contacts of new friends, excitement of seeing it as it sat in FRAP nearly finished, anticipation as it shipped, the adventure of getting it and bringing it home, and the journeys to come.

Declining in value? Not in my eyes.... it'll just keep getting better with age and memories.

Alej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 PP+PP2
Woah, loving these stories man....
Something that a lot of people would probably never understand. It’s really “not just a car”
Great stories, hoping to tell mine in the future. It begins with THIS, hearing you guys, getting info, experiences, working hard to save money... it actually motivates me, if I wake up and feel lazy about investigating something that might help my projects and careers I kick myself saying “this is not how you get a GT350R... and a mclaren in the far future”

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I have been buying and selling cars my whole life and all I know is I always end up overpaying and when I sell them I never get close to what I thought I could sell them for. Haha.
Ditto. I own a different car every 2 years, and seems to be the rule :)

The GT350 is the only one in my life that made it to over 2 years of ownership to date. That speaks for it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why is the plant assembly is ceasing production of that engine? Isn’t it like a marvel of technology? Couldn’t it be pushed further and further? Makes me wonder, is the GT500 engine also flat plane?
Many of us can speculate as to why production of the FPC engine has come to a halt but in any event the Romeo engine plant has not been assembling this engine for a number of months now which indicates to me that the 2019MY will be the last year for the GT350/R based on this particular engine design.

As far as the GT500 coming with a FPC engine personally I do not see that happening.

:wink:
Sponsored