Sponsored

GT350 Keyed

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Oh my god. Who would do such a thing???????????? This makes my blood boil. If I found whoever did that I would be worried about killing them.
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I'm sure FCA has cameras watching their parking lots. Why not provide the data to FCA security and see what they find?

I just hate to read this kinda crap. It is one reason I gave up on my C7. Too many people seem to have an axe to grind with Corvette owners.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
You asked for a suggestion-next time park within the yellow lines.
Yeah I'd have to agree with this. Scumbags who key may assume you always park like this and are somehow justified in their minds that you "deserve it" :crazy:

This is probably my number one fear every single time I walk back to my car in a public lot. I always take a quick look down the sides as I walk up to the door lol

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
This really makes me look into a full car surveillance system and something that
chirps or warns people if they get very close to the car. This may scare some away or
stop more damage.
All really good points, I've got the motion cam but I'm not sure how much it will help me if I get a picture of a guy. In a city of 4 million people the odds of me finding him are pretty bleak. It's really a deterrent more than anything else.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That is horrible... I've had my car keyed in the past as well and it just makes me so angry. I have my 2017 coming in next week and am very scared to park it in public places. I am not sure what I would do if someone keyed it.
+1, I generally don't drive it anywhere I have to park it. People suck.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Oh my god. Who would do such a thing???????????? This makes my blood boil. If I found whoever did that I would be worried about killing them.
Many many years years ago I read about his happening to a Vette on
a popular Vette forum. Guy parked his pride and joy at the mall and as
he was walking in and turned out of sight of the car he got a bad feeling....

Turned back to check on his car and caught a guy keying his car and proceeded
to beat he living crap out of the guy. Put the guy in the hospital for a time,
he served 6 months and spent a lot of coin on lawyers and hospital bills.

Apparentry this had happened to another car in the past and the guy just
lost it, and paid the price. Obviously not recommended but would be hard
to restrain yourself. IIRC he did later state that no he would not do it again,
but after it was all over that it was almost worth it.......

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Yes, you read that right....my GT350 has been keyed. All of this happened on Wednesday night at work after going back to the office to catch up on some work late night, come out to my car just to find key marks. My theory is that because I work at FCA (Fiat Chrsyler Automobiles) headquarters, and this person probably thought my Shelby was a middle finger to the company when it isn't.

I am open to any suggestions on how to approach this issue in addition to the security and police report that's already been filed, and a dash cam is on it's way....any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here's a vid of the damage.

Drive safe and stay alert out there people!

Man....I'm sorry to hear that! Some people can't handle other people having nice shit and get jealous! I don't know if you have anybody up in your neck of the woods to handle a repair like that without making a friggin mess of it, but if you can't find anyone shoot me a PM. I work at a very special place and work on some extremely expensive toys, using only the finest materials available. I sure hope you are able to catch the bastards who did this to your baby..SMH:mad:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Assholes!!!

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Got my car keyed too, last year and had to repaint entire panels. People who do this shit that are the scum of the Earth

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If it has anything to do with type of car that's just petty; now if you are messing with someone else's girl that's another story.

OP
OP
JL947

JL947

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Thanks guys for all the support and advice. It saddens me to see that people out there have immature behaviors like this, no matter the reason and cause, no one should ever behave in such a way. If I find out who did it, I will make sure to sue his ass and make his life miserable.

Man....I'm sorry to hear that! Some people can't handle other people having nice shit and get jealous! I don't know if you have anybody up in your neck of the woods to handle a repair like that without making a friggin mess of it, but if you can't find anyone shoot me a PM. I work at a very special place and work on some extremely expensive toys, using only the finest materials available. I sure hope you are able to catch the bastards who did this to your baby..SMH:mad:
Thanks a lot bud. I will definitely look into it if things do not work out here. I really want to keep the original paint, so would you suggest having a place touch it up or repaint?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks guys for all the support and advice. It saddens me to see that people out there have immature behaviors like this, no matter the reason and cause, no one should ever behave in such a way. If I find out who did it, I will make sure to sue his ass and make his life miserable.

Thanks a lot bud. I will definitely look into it if things do not work out here. I really want to keep the original paint, so would you suggest having a place touch it up or repaint?
That depends on the severity of the damage. If you would like, PM me and I can go over details of how that should probably be handled.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
FC is is Auburn Hills, had a few buddies whose dads worked for FCA in highschool.

It's not a "ghetto" area really, rather industrial, so not a random thing.

Im sure they have security cameras, ask them to review the footage and fire whoever it was.

I dont want to say luckily since it's sickening, but it looks in the video at least like its only in the clear as the marks disappear at certain angles? May be reparable without repainting. clear coat touchup and a light wet sanding and good polish to level it all out
Sponsored

Last edited: