Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Interesting information, thanks! Yeah I think looking at the Mustang design that the hood looks too high, especially in the area where it bends down toward the grill.
Just to clarify, the EU Pedestrian Crash Standards DO NOT allow a pedestrian to strike ANY component under the hood. This is usually the engine intake...

So, that means, even with the higher hood line the Mustang has... a Supercharged V8 is a NO GO in Europe.

Could be where the "5.8 doesn't fit" came from but it could with some tweaking. Well, it is real difficult to accommodate an engine in an engine bay that can't fit that engine. The only real tweaking would be in the hood clearance, all other tweaking on a structurally finished product would be big time R&D... and a $20,000 premium on top of the current GT500 MSRP minimum.

Seeing the GT in person, I loved it. I don't think I would be quick to adopt GT350 styling just yet. I love the airflow the Mustang has compared to its competition. Probably the most spanning airflow opening in the industry today.
Sponsored