Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Us poor folk in the uk won't get the 350 or 350R it seems. :(

So does anyone know the changes/differences between 350, 350R and GT PP? Be great to have a list and find out if any of the GT350 items can maybe be installed on a GT as afterall all the cars are based on S550. :)
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
To start, check out these 2 threads, which contain most of the information you're looking for.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12287

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15440

The summary is that the GT350 and R will come with a unique 5.2L flat plane crank V8, a different transmission, unique braking system, unique suspension components, and some unique front body panels. So, in short, it looks like it would be very expensive and difficult to convert a GT to a GT350, but probably not impossible.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Cheers, so engine, gearbox, suspension and springs. Wider wheels and new hood, fenders and rear aero, a lot of changes. Ford give the uk this monster. :D

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
Cheers, so engine, gearbox, suspension and springs. Wider wheels and new hood, fenders and rear aero, a lot of changes. Ford give the uk this monster. :D
You got it. It wouldn't bother me if it went to the UK. I would really like to see Clarkson review this car on Top Gear and have the Stig take it for a lap.

Sponsored

big red one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Hi there

Us poor folk in the uk won't get the 350 or 350R it seems. :(

So does anyone know the changes/differences between 350, 350R and GT PP? Be great to have a list and find out if any of the GT350 items can maybe be installed on a GT as afterall all the cars are based on S550. :)
Gibbo

Ford will not be selling any of the performance series cars in the UK, that goes for Raptor GT350 and the GT

Official

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
You got it. It wouldn't bother me if it went to the UK. I would really like to see Clarkson review this car on Top Gear and have the Stig take it for a lap.
I don't think being a US only model will prevent them from getting one and testing it. It's not unheard of for them to go to the US to do a head to head comparison. They've done it before.

Knowing them... Jeremy and Hammond would definitely put a GT350 up against a Z28 and throw in a Hellcat for James so he wouldn't feel too inadequate.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't think being a US only model will prevent them from getting one and testing it. It's not unheard of for them to go to the US to do a head to head comparison. They've done it before.

Knowing them... Jeremy and Hammond would definitely put a GT350 up against a Z28 and throw in a Hellcat for James so he wouldn't feel too inadequate.

...while filming the episode in Mississippi with confederate flags painted on the roof. :lol:

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500

...while filming the episode in Mississippi with confederate flags painted on the roof. :lol:
Yes, I can see it now. :lol:

Jeremy: "Unfortunately for James in his nuclear-powered frigate, it appears that we are approaching a bend in the road."

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Difference in the GT350 and GT350R, are;
1) ability to delete the back seat and A/C on the "R"
2) no resonator on the exhaust for the "R"
3) no sound deading on the "R"
4) larger front Chin spoiler, and rear wing on "R"
5) special light weight wheels, and are wider front and back w/different tires

Im sure there is more....

Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver

I can't wait to see that episode. :headbang:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Gibbo

Ford will not be selling any of the performance series cars in the UK, that goes for Raptor GT350 and the GT

Official
No GT350 in Europe until "Active Hood" is ready to be adopted. By this time, I have a feeling the Mustang will morph into the GT350 from A-Pillar up across the board. That will likely be the first refresh around 2017-'18.

Keyword(s): Active Hood

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
No GT350 in Europe until "Active Hood" is ready to be adopted. By this time, I have a feeling the Mustang will morph into the GT350 from A-Pillar up across the board. That will likely be the first refresh around 2017-'18.

Keyword(s): Active Hood
What is an active hood?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
What is an active hood?
A device or mechanism that allows vehicles to have a low hood line in Europe. This mechanism allows the hood to "pop" upwards in the event of pedestrian strike. BMW and Mercedes are pioneering on this, Ford is right behind them.

This is to get around those pesky EU pedestrian standards that, while seem crazy to us, is actually saving lives elsewhere. Asia will implement this soon if not already...

This is also the reason the Mustang has a slightly different fascia vs. the GT350. Some speculate that the Mustang's front initially didn't fit the rest of the car (only in photos). The GT350 was the initial design, the volume cars were scaled back.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A device or mechanism that allows vehicles to have a low hood line in Europe. This mechanism allows the hood to "pop" upwards in the event of pedestrian strike. BMW and Mercedes are pioneering on this, Ford is right behind them.

This is to get around those pesky EU pedestrian standards that, while seem crazy to us, is actually saving lives elsewhere. Asia will implement this soon if not already...

This is also the reason the Mustang has a slightly different fascia vs. the GT350. Some speculate that the Mustang's front initially didn't fit the rest of the car (only in photos). The GT350 was the initial design, the volume cars were scaled back.
Interesting information, thanks! Yeah I think looking at the Mustang design that the hood looks too high, especially in the area where it bends down toward the grill.
Sponsored