Sponsored

GT350 Keyed

JL947

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Yes, you read that right....my GT350 has been keyed. All of this happened on Wednesday night at work after going back to the office to catch up on some work late night, come out to my car just to find key marks. My theory is that because I work at FCA (Fiat Chrsyler Automobiles) headquarters, and this person probably thought my Shelby was a middle finger to the company when it isn't.

I am open to any suggestions on how to approach this issue in addition to the security and police report that's already been filed, and a dash cam is on it's way....any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here's a vid of the damage.

Drive safe and stay alert out there people!

PS. The car is not taking up two spots in the video, it is a buffer space next to the wall in my parking spot at home, not work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Wow....that is terrible. Having had a car keyed in the past, I completely understand the feeling. Nothing more to add....hope you catch the bastard who did it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My cousin drove his beater Honda he had in college to his first day at his job at Ford and he came back to slashed tires. He couldn't even afford a new car yet, let alone tires. When I was with my previous company, I consulted with an American automaker and I had to travel, get rental cars. I was given most times an American car, which was fine. One time, I was given a lime green Kia Soul. It was strongly suggested to me, let's say, that I leave it at the hotel and get a ride to work. These people don't play games. Sorry this happened.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
I'll never understand vandals! Sorry for your issues. Just curious, what is FCA headquarters?

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Man I feel for you. I had a car keyed years ago down the entire passenger side from nose to tail. It made me sick for weeks. What people do is so sickening and disgusting!! I hope you catch the &^%$%#@#% and make him/her pay. What a sad state of affairs in this world. :(

Mat8754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That is horrible... I've had my car keyed in the past as well and it just makes me so angry. I have my 2017 coming in next week and am very scared to park it in public places. I am not sure what I would do if someone keyed it.

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Geez man! I suppose you will have to do a complete repaint of all those panels?

Agreed on the dashcam and hopefully you find the bastard.

Also, what's FCA?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Hope whoever did that got a blowout on the way home and rolled multiple times.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Hope whoever did that got a blowout on the way home and rolled multiple times.
Generally speaking karma will catch up to people like that. When they lack respect for other peoples things, because they have no self respect they will find themselves routinely in bad situations. I've seen it happen many many times.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
"Our company doesnt even make a direct competitor to this high revving NA V8, you scumbag!"

I hope they catch that guy. Sorry this happened to you man. Keep us updated

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Generally speaking karma will catch up to people like that. When they lack respect for other peoples things, because they have no self respect they will find themselves routinely in bad situations. I've seen it happen many many times.

I don't really believe in Karma but a person who would do that type of thing is generally already spiraling downward...so theirs is coming.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Yes, you read that right....my GT350 has been keyed. All of this happened on Wednesday night at work after going back to the office to catch up on some work late night, come out to my car just to find key marks. My theory is that because I work at FCA headquarters, and this person probably thought my Shelby was a middle finger to the company when it isn't.

I am open to any suggestions on how to approach this issue in addition to the security and police report that's already been filed, and a dash cam is on it's way....any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here's a vid of the damage.

Drive safe and stay alert out there people!
Where I live car keying is a recurring problem. Many of my cars have been keyed in public parking lots and on the strret. For that reason, I don't take the Shelby out much and never leave it with a valet or parked on the street.

I have a theory about your case. From your clip unless I'm mistaken it clearly appears that your car was parked outside the yellow lines by two feet. I've done that myself to avoid the car parked next to it from hitting mine with the door. Problem is this attracts unwanted attention. The person that did this acted like road rage. It's probably someone parked in the same lot with a run down crappy car who was pissed off.

You asked for a suggestion-next time park within the yellow lines.

Hope she comes out like a beauty after the repaint.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Sickening people. You work hard to get a nice car and haters, who appear to be
everywhere in hordes now, screw up your car and now you have to deal with the
crap of repaint and hope it comes out ok.

Sorry to see that happen to you, I read it about it more and more on other car forums,
seems to be increasing in frequency. One of the reasons I bought the Shelby is
that it may be less prone to the haters, as I am reluctant leaving my other
sports cars out of sight.

So not only do you pay your deductible, mine is $1000, but who knows how the
paint turns out, to me it never the same as factory, but if the insurance reports it
to Carfax you are now dealing with diminished value upon resale.
I hope your insurance does something about diminished value.
Good luck and wish the best results for you in this situation.

This really makes me look into a full car surveillance system and something that
chirps or warns people if they get very close to the car. This may scare some away or
stop more damage.
Sponsored