Sponsored

GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

pulcini011990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt guard green
I ordered the intake and throttle body 3 days ago and it should be in my hands sometime at the end of the week.

Although I'm on 91 Cali. craptane, I do have Kooks catted headers going into a Borla S-Type exhaust.

I'm sure people on here will have this combo installed before me since I'm planning to get my car (re-) aligned after Roush coilovers and some BMR suspension bits were installed.

Hats off to Sandeale...youre the man, sir.
You mind putting up a video of your exhaust? I have borla s type catback on my car and i was maybe thinking about throwing some kooks headers on there too. My only concern is how loud its gonna be since cops are always an issue and neighbours:(

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Seems like a decent mod, but I personally think the Edelbrock intake coming soon is a better bang for buck since it's $1000 on the dot and re-uses the factory fuel rails and throttle body. It also fits under the factory strut tower brace like the GT350 IM, so it's 100% plug, tune, and play unlike this manifold, the Boss, and the CJ (which all require other parts or modifications).

Can't wait to see the GT350 IM versus Edelbrock's IM in a few months.
all the vendors said that applications was geared towards nitrous and centri guys using high boost.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35559&highlight=edelbrock&page=3

post 42 and on.

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
all the vendors said that applications was geared towards nitrous and centri guys using high boost.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35559&highlight=edelbrock&page=3

post 42 and on.
I'm aware of this but I'm not sure why you're bringing it up. The intake can still be used for N/A builds. It just has ports for nitrous and is a cast aluminum build (not plastic like the Ford parts) to handle boost better.

Those are added benefits, but don't negatively affect what it achieves on a N/A build. The dyno sheet they provided was clearly and simply for a non-boosted application, so the part's varied application is acknowledged by Edelbrock... it's definitely not just beneficial for boosted cars alone.

Edit: If you were specifically referring to what UPRSteve said in that linked thread, i'm afraid he's simply mistaken. He says it won't have any benefit over the Boss intake, but Edelbrock clearly says their intake will be a decent bump over the boss on a non-boosted engine. So, it's a wait and see game, but I'm putting money on Edelbrock at this point.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
You mind putting up a video of your exhaust? I have borla s type catback on my car and i was maybe thinking about throwing some kooks headers on there too. My only concern is how loud its gonna be since cops are always an issue and neighbours:(

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk
I have added Pypes M80 Louvered resonators after the x-pipe. It improved the sound immensely getting rid of the rasp and reducing the volume. Without the Pypes, the Borla S Type with my catted Kooks was simply too loud and raspy.

Its still has nice volume with the resonators, but the sound has cleaned up nicely and there is no annoying rasp at cold start up and in the upper rpms. Also, cold start-ups are now normal and not annoyingly loud-raspy.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered the intake and throttle body 3 days ago and it should be in my hands sometime at the end of the week.

Although I'm on 91 Cali. craptane, I do have Kooks catted headers going into a Borla S-Type exhaust.

I'm sure people on here will have this combo installed before me since I'm planning to get my car (re-) aligned after Roush coilovers and some BMR suspension bits were installed.

Hats off to Sandeale...youre the man, sir.
Are you also going to do a pre dyno and after dyno of your 2 setups?

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
When I get to my tuner he'll do a before and after dyno of course. I'm sure more guys on here will have results before me though.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
And this can be hooked up to steeda CAI and re-tuned through them? Was that covered already?

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Sandeale, could you show us your method for routing the vacuum lines? :hail:

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Sure thing once i get off work ill edit my underhood photo to highlight what changes were needed

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Just incase anyone wants to know Mmr seems to have the cheapest price for the intake and they have an adapter to use the stock throttle body. Just came across this

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=28_29&products_id=836
Now THAT makes this whole thing a little more appealing. Getting the intake at that price and adding the throttle body adapter is quite an attractive setup. I suppose this also means the stock CAI fits and works.

I don't care if I lose a bit of power using the stock intake box and tubing; I just want this to look factory and give me usable power up to a 8000 rpm redline.

OP
OP

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Here Goes:

[/URL][/IMG]

The Red Circle is showing the Changes made to the hose that comes stock on the GT350 manifold, it has to be lengthened and I added a 90 to help it sit more square with the port on the CAI.

The yellow circle is showing the new vacuum feed for the Brakes, instead of going into that cluster on the stock manifold, you need to connect the vacuum feed for the brake booster directly to the manifold port

The blue square is showing the purge valve wiring, I just undid the harness and pulled as much wiring as possible to ease the tension.

The orange square towards the back is showing the CMCV solenoid connectors, upon manifold removal you will see the harness that attached to the back of the manifold originally, and notice that these wires exit the harness on the drivers side, again I undid the harness wrap and pulled the wiring back over to the passenger side again to ease tension on the wiring.

What I forgot to highlight was on the bottom of the CAI tube where a vacuum connection exists for the stock manifold, this is no longer needed with the gt350 so I just pulled the connector out and plugged the port on the intake tube.
Sponsored